Mike Mayock likes Alvin Kamara.....

Barnett is nowhere close to a top 10 pick. I have Fournette just outside my top 10 right now.

Here is my early list of top 10 prospects for the 2017 draft:

1. DE Myles Garrett (Texas A&M)
2. WR Corey Davis (Western Michigan)
3. CB Cam Sutton (Tennessee)
4. DE Solomon Thomas (Stanford)
5. RB Alvin Kamara (Tennessee)
6. QB Josh Dobbs (Tennessee)
7. TE Evan Engram (Ole Miss)
8. DE Charles Harris (Missouri)
9. CB Jourdan Lewis (Michigan)
10. CB Marlon Humphrey (Alabama)

wtf. The GM that drafts Dobbs in the top 10 is out of a job within a year

Reactions: 2 people
Barnett is nowhere close to a top 10 pick. I have Fournette just outside my top 10 right now.

Here is my early list of top 10 prospects for the 2017 draft:

1. DE Myles Garrett (Texas A&M)
2. WR Corey Davis (Western Michigan)
3. CB Cam Sutton (Tennessee)
4. DE Solomon Thomas (Stanford)
5. RB Alvin Kamara (Tennessee)
6. QB Josh Dobbs (Tennessee)
7. TE Evan Engram (Ole Miss)
8. DE Charles Harris (Missouri)
9. CB Jourdan Lewis (Michigan)
10. CB Marlon Humphrey (Alabama)

WTF? Myles Garrett 1st overall? Did you not see that he collected all his stats from weak competition?? He SUCKED in SEC play. What makes you think he will do better in the NFL where everyone is better?

You've said some doozies in here, but this absolutely takes the cake :loco:

Barnett is alot like Charles Johnson (Panthers). He'll have a solid career. Will have a couple of 10+ sack seasons. Might make one pro bowl or two. But he is not worthy of a top 10 pick (let alone top 3) in this draft which is loaded with future HOF talent.

2017 has a chance to be one of the best draft classes in NFL history. You don't draft a player like Derek Barnett that high in such a loaded class.

Late 1st/Early 2nd round is a more appropriate range for Fournette.

So Barnett is a 3rd round guy. :good!:

WTF? Myles Garrett 1st overall? Did you not see that he collected all his stats from weak competition?? He SUCKED in SEC play. What makes you think he will do better in the NFL where everyone is better?

You've said some doozies in here, but this absolutely takes the cake :loco:

Not a stretch at all to say Garrett will go #1 overall.

I think UT fans didn't realize how big he was since we were comparing him to Hurd. He's stout enough to get plenty of carries. AK's ability to be a return man will help him make a roster too.

Reactions: 2 people
I think UT fans didn't realize how big he was since we were comparing him to Hurd. He's stout enough to get plenty of carries. AK's ability to be a return man will help him make a roster too.

The same can be said for Sutton. Doesn't mean either will be or should be R1

The same can be said for Sutton. Doesn't mean either will be or should be R1

No but Kamara being in the 1sr rnd discussion is not out of the question. Sutton really is but he'll still be a good pickup in the 3rd

No but Kamara being in the 1sr rnd discussion is not out of the question. Sutton really is but he'll still be a good pickup in the 3rd

If Sutton had a quality coach he would be a lock for R1.
Kamara is a R2 to many guys have a lot more pub than he had which says a lot about Tennessee from that standpoint

JD won't see the field in the NFL but will go on to have a lucrative career in either politics or Engineering. Hurd will scratch the 2 deeps for several years. AK will play in the league, occasionally get a start but nothing consistent. DB will be a solid player who MIGHT have pro bowl level talent. I can't call anyone an HoF lock on our team(or any for that matter).

You really are the most dillusional poster on this board.

Dang let the man live. He has an opinion and you don't agree thats fine but you don't have to be insulting and nasty. Sometimes I feel like there is an automatic dismissal anything he posts.

Reactions: 1 person
Not a stretch at all to say Garrett will go #1 overall.

Only because media pundits and D4H are more obsessed with his physique than his on-the-field performance...

If Derek Barnett looked like Myles Garrett he would go 1st overall. Just check the damn stats, DB destroyed MG over his college career, all vs. stronger competition

Myles Garrett College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Derek Barnett College Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Reactions: 1 person
Dude! Why must you always take it above where it is??

He should not be above Fournette.

MM is exactly right. Fringe first rounder probably gets drafted middle 2nd.

He's not a top 10 pick (like Barnett and Fournette )

Mike Mayock always wrong!! Kamara could be a 1st round pick..and Barnett may not test out well at the combine..may fall to second round never know..have faith in your players

It really sounds like you'd agree that Barnett is a poor mans Myles Garrett.

No.

Charles Harris is a poor man's Myles Garrett. Charles Harris should be a consistent pro bowl caliber player. Myles Garrett is a future HOFer.

Barnett is a notch below. He's on the level of a player like Charles Johnson (Panthers).

What is it about Barnett's game do you think won't translate to the NFL?

Lacks ideal size, speed, and athleticism. Has only one go to move. The speed rush off the edge with the great bend. Better athletes at the NFL will neutralize that. Also he lacks ideal strength to be able to bull rush.

He'll be good in the NFL because of his motor and work ethic. But he won't be exceptional because of the lack of physical tools.

Watson just had a game winning drive against Bama to win it all.

Dobbs had the game on the line against a&m and threw pick that he knew he shouldn't have thrown. Jones even stated publicly he knows better than to make that throw

The best NFL players don't typically have the best college careers.

Like Vince Young, that game winning drive will be the high point of Deshaun Watson's football career. I like the kid but he's a magnet for big hits. I doubt he is very durable in the NFL. And the fact his college career was so overwhelmingly brillant (like Young, Tebow, and many others), its highly likely his NFL career will be a disappointment.

Dobbs on the other hand will enjoy a pro career like Randall Cunningham. He'll make several pro bowls. Might win an MVP or two. And he'll be the face of the NFL for a few years like Randall Cunningham in his prime.

"Nowhere near" is a bit of a stretch. Don't think he will go top 10, but definitely between rounds 12 and 17

When I said Barnett is nowhere near a top 10 pick, I meant in terms of value.

I fully expect the stupid personnel in NFL front offices to overdraft him because of his college production. He'll probably be taken by a team like the Saints in the top 10.

VN Store

Back