Mike Leach hospitalized - passed away 12/12/22

There is a recent case of a younger man who had the same type event. They said he was brain dead and had the teams lined up to harvest his organs. His wife asked one last time for him to squeeze her hand and he did, she called the doctors in and he did it again. He is now off life supports and has begun to speak again. Expected to recover. Only God decides when your mission here is complete.

Did anyone see Finebaum interview leach earlier in the year and he had a bad cough, voice coming and going. Didn‘t seem to be in good way. Hate it, one unique pirate dude

There is a recent case of a younger man who had the same type event. They said he was brain dead and had the teams lined up to harvest his organs. His wife asked one last time for him to squeeze her hand and he did, she called the doctors in and he did it again. He is now off life supports and has begun to speak again. Expected to recover. Only God decides when your mission here is complete.
I know someone just like this that had 10 percent chance to make it and then the family was told that he wasn't going to make it and to unplug him they didn't and he is alive and recovering now.

Leach has been my favorite coach in all of college sports. He tells it like it is and you can tell the man is having the time of his life coaching football. He gets the job done but also has a good time doing it. Seems like a genuine good guy. Hope he somehow pulls off a hail mary. The world is a better place with Mike Leach in it.

Reported that he was defibrolated several times by EMT's.Could have been for heart stoppage,or,lethal rhythm VT,Torsades.Any of these are very serious. Prayers and hope for you,Mike,and your family and kin.A good man.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Scary thought is cardiac arrest can hit anyone no matter how fit they are and sometimes no symptoms are present
i was in my early 60's when I had mine. Always led a healthy lifestyle. Ate well, 6', 175lbs and worked out every single day. P90X and weights. Lot's of cardio as well. I was considered the last guy you'd expect to have a heart attack. Needless to say I didn't see it coming. It does, however, run in my family and as my cardiologist said...you can't change or run from your gene pool. Every man should have his cardiac situation and health evaluated. You're not going to get a lot of warning. One minute you're working in the yard. Next minute, you're staring up at a surgeon getting ready to address and rearrange your heart's plumbing. Talk about a WTH moment!!! :oops:

Man I hate to hear this he is such a good guy, alot of people just know him from his incredible interviews but I've had the privilege of meeting and talking with him several times, our conversations were mostly football but he told me some stories from his personal life...they were just as hilarious as his interviews, Get well soon coach

Assuming adequate cardiac function is recovered by first responders and subsequent interventions, what happens in these situations is a post-arrest hypothermia protocol (lower core body temp to 89-93°F, with or without some degree of "life support") for at least 24 hours to assist with any possible neurological recovery from a temporary low oxygen state. It doesn't take long for significant brain damage to occur, but when someone is found down you never know how long the poor brain oxygenation has been and cooling helps recovery. Then a series of neurologic testing usually including MRI scan of the brain and various examinations by neurologists will occur. Then a prognosis of any potential hope of recovery can be given to the family for assistance with making difficult decisions based on what the person's perceived acceptable quality of life. I imagine that is the situation and a decision/announcement (one way or another) could thus be expected at any time? Truly a horrible and sad situation.

Truly saddened in this moment. I pray for peace and inner strength to the entire Leach family, his personal friends and the young men that he worked every day to inspire and lead. We have truly lost a man who wasn't afraid to be himself and a man who cared about his players and staff. My heart and condolences go out to everyone at MSU. 🙏

Better get to sending up some positive vibes and prayers for the old pirate out in Starkville. Sounds like he's in pretty rough shape. He's always been an awesome guy for the sport and the fans that support him.
This is such sad news. May the healing hand of God be with Mike Leach, his physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals and with his family. Amen.

Reactions: SAPPER 5

VN Store

Back