Mike Hamilton Tweet

It's not actually about trading trophies, it's about what you would rather have.

Try to spin it that way if you want.

I always thought the "Big Three" was a reference to the top 3 revenue sports on campus. If men's baseball (or tennis,track,golf etc...) makes more than Lady Vols basketball, well...

Maybe I took your post the wrong way. I thought you were suggesting that the Lady Vols were so far down the revenue stream as to not warrant inclusion in the Big 3.

I'm simply stating that no other sport, mens or womens, comes close to Football.

SEC football and basketball: The revenue breakdown (or: How the Pac-10 and Big 12 have fallen behind) | College Hotline

Obviously I'd love for the Vols to enjoy the same success as the Lady Vols, but not at the expense of the folks who've earned what they have. If I could have my rathers...I'd rather the Men's Athletic Dept. right the ship. It's not money or lack of fans holding them back that's for sure. And it's certainly not the success of the Lady Vols.

It doesn't have to be spun any way. Football dwarfs everything, period.
Avg 2010 attendance per game
Football-99781-6th nationally
Mens Bball-19168-4th nationally
womens bball-12896-1st nationally
baseball-1690-38th nationally

By these numbers, the University of Tennessee does indeed have as much of a big 3 as they do a big 2.

You guys don't get it. I'm talking about the silly threads asking, "Does any other school have 6 national titles in two of the big 3 sports?" and stuff like that.

You guys don't get it. I'm talking about the silly threads asking, "Does any other school have 6 national titles in two of the big 3 sports?" and stuff like that.

Well, I will agree with you in that threads such as that are stupid on more than one level. My original response was to this post:

Nobody cares who makes the women's tournament.

and you insinuating no one would love to have a womens NC banner. Then someone else threw baseball into the mix. I know it is a sport that many could take or leave, but I do know a few fans that would rather go to a Lady Vols game than a mens game or even a football game. My mom and grandmother both enjoyed watching all the TN sports on TV(my 90 yr old granny would chew the TV out if she didn't like the play call, etc), but if they were going to a game, I had to get them LV tickets and they both loved Pat better than anything. Attendance numbers alone prove it is important to quite a few of the Vol fans. Sorry to get so riled up, but I just don't see downing any Vols sports teams, let alone the only one that we have had somewhat of a dynasty in. I guess one of my reasons for holding on to the LVs is the memory of the two wonderful ladies I mentioned above.

Those who didn't want Fulmer let go don't demand enough of UT football, period.

Must I remind u he won us a nc and multiple sec titles? We r sub .500 since he left fulmer wasn't all the problem but I do gotta say he coulda recruited better he last few years other then tht i would take fulmer back in a heartbeat
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Must I remind u he won us a nc and multiple sec titles? We r sub .500 since he left fulmer wasn't all the problem but I do gotta say he coulda recruited better he last few years other then tht i would take fulmer back in a heartbeat
Posted via VolNation Mobile
We've been awful lately and that is mostly Fulmer's fault.

louisville, kentucky, north carolina, georgia, ohio state, florida state are names on that list that i can name right off top of my head....company we should definitely be in

OJ Mayo still has USC in hot water in bball, doesn't he?

VN Store

Back