Mike Hamilton Tweet

I agree with GAVol. It's just a positive statement that the AD is putting out there. And while I do agree that our expectations should be high in all sports, it is nice that a down year can include post season appearances in those three sports.

Nobody cares who makes the women's tournament.

Maybe you don't, but some people still do. I don't follow the women like i do football or mens basketball, but I do go to at least a couple regular season games and, when possible, a tournament game every year. I hear it's not hard to win a NC in womens b-ball. That may be true for Tennessee and UConn, but there are many other schools and fans out there that would love to have one of those banners that we have eight of.

He should have tweeted:

"6 straight NCAA Tournament appearances by UT Men's Basketball. Longest streak in the SEC."

Maybe you don't, but some people still do. I don't follow the women like i do football or mens basketball, but I do go to at least a couple regular season games and, when possible, a tournament game every year. I hear it's not hard to win a NC in womens b-ball. That may be true for Tennessee and UConn, but there are many other schools and fans out there that would love to have one of those banners that we have eight of.

+1

+2

I laughed.

I laughed.

Laugh all you want and say no one cares. You would be wrong. No other team in the SEC has one. The Lady Vols attendance average in 2010(almost 13000 a game) was higher than many of the mens teams. Our men barely broke 19000 per game.

I'm glad that we have a successful, arguably World Class women's Basketball Program. No NCAA investigation, Eight NCAA Championships, and a coach you can be proud of.

A lot of what we are seeing in this thread is just internet tough guy syndrome.

Nothing more, nothing less.

JMO, of course. :)

Would all of you be beating him up about this if we happen to reach the CWS by some miracle too this year?

Could be worse...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm glad that we have a successful, arguably World Class women's Basketball Program. No NCAA investigation, Eight NCAA Championships, and a coach you can be proud of.

A lot of what we are seeing in this thread is just internet tough guy syndrome.

Nothing more, nothing less.
'Tough Guy Syndrome' is the only rationalization? I'm fine with Pat having a lot of success. Better than not having success. But I'm not going to use that success as an attempt to balance out how bad football has been and the basketball issues when discussing the current state of Tennessee athletics.

Would all of you be beating him up about this if we happen to reach the CWS by some miracle too this year?

Could be worse...
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You're right, it could always be worse. However, to me, Hamilton will always be the guy who sat there fiddling while our football program burned to the ground. He fired Fulmer 3 years too late, made the disastrous Kiffin hire, and then compounded the mistake by hiring Dooley. IMO, the damage is done, and there is nothing Hamilton can do at this point to change my mind, or many others as well.

'Tough Guy Syndrome' is the only rationalization? I'm fine with Pat having a lot of success. Better than not having success. But I'm not going to use that success as an attempt to balance out how bad football has been and the basketball issues when discussing the current state of Tennessee athletics.

Hamilton may as well have left off the women's hoops team. It's a totally different AD for men's and women's sports so he deserves no credit whatsoever for their success. They were great before he arrived, and will likely be great after he finally departs.

Hamilton may as well have left off the women's hoops team. It's a totally different AD for men's and women's sports so he deserves no credit whatsoever for their success. They were great before he arrived, and will likely be great after he finally departs.
I'm honestly interested to see the responses of the women's basketball fans in the fan base if the women's team drops off when Summitt. I'm really not trying to stir the pot here, but I wonder what will happen. Will people try to go back to winning titles, or will people just forget about it for the most part. I'd think the latter, but I would be interested to see how many pick the former.

I'm honestly interested to see the responses of the women's basketball fans in the fan base if the women's team drops off when Summitt. I'm really not trying to stir the pot here, but I wonder what will happen. Will people try to go back to winning titles, or will people just forget about it for the most part. I'd think the latter, but I would be interested to see how many pick the former.

They'll always remember the glory days of the past, but the women's program will be mostly forgotten. Attendance will plummet, media attention will drop, and hopefully the perception from outsiders that UT is a women's basketball school will end.

They'll always remember the glory days of the past, but the women's program will be mostly forgotten. Attendance will plummet, media attention will drop, and hopefully the perception from outsiders that UT is a women's basketball school will end.
I don't think people really see UT as a women's basketball school. Seems like something fans would just say to annoy Vols fans.

I don't think people really see UT as a women's basketball school. Seems like something fans would just say to annoy Vols fans.

That's true when it comes from SEC fans, but I've run into others outside the conference who truly see it that way.

That's true when it comes from SEC fans, but I've run into others outside the conference who truly see it that way.
Where? Just curious. People may see that UT has had a lot of success in women's basketball, but I don't know many people who actually consider Tennessee a women's basketball school.

VN Store

Back