Mike Hamilton Tweet

Where? Just curious. People may see that UT has had a lot of success in women's basketball, but I don't know many people who actually consider Tennessee a women's basketball school.

Mostly out west in Utah, Colorado, Wyoming, etc. I don't think they understand the pride, money, and fanaticism associated with UT football and men's basketball.

I don't know if people think of UT as a womens BB school. But, the Lady Vols are a legit brand all on their own. When the Lady Vols come to town opposing fans show up in droves. The only other school to have an equal branding is UConn, obviously.

You actually believe that there are many fans that would love to have a women's banner? Not buying that. Would they take it if they had the chance? Sure, why not. But I don't buy they would 'love' to have one.

I have never insinuated that womens basketball is on par with mens basketball or even close to football. But, going by attendance numbers, there are fans at most SEC schools and many other programs around the country that enjoy the game and, from my experience, most fans of any sport, whether its football or bowling, would love to have a National Championship banner for that sport at their respective school. We have eight of them at TBA but, I personally, along with many others, would love to have another one.

Last edited:
I have never insinuated that womens basketball is on par with mens basketball or even close to football. But, going by attendance numbers, there are fans at most SEC schools and many other programs around the country that enjoy the game and, from my experience, most fans of any sport, whether its football or bowling, would love to have a National Championship banner for that sport at their respective school. We have eight of them at TBA but, I personally, along with many others, would love to have another one.

I'm with ya, GBO!!! let's hang another!!! Heck, maybe the men can get one too.

'Tough Guy Syndrome' is the only rationalization? I'm fine with Pat having a lot of success. Better than not having success. But I'm not going to use that success as an attempt to balance out how bad football has been and the basketball issues when discussing the current state of Tennessee athletics.

I don't disagree that Hammy can't claim credit for Pat's sucess. To use the old line "She was here when he got here and she'll be here when he's gone."

My comment had more to do with the "Nobody Cares" sentiment. I'd like to see them say that to Pat's face.

Once again. JMO :)

I don't disagree that Hammy can't claim credit for Pat's sucess. To use the old line "She was here when he got here and she'll be here when he's gone."

My comment had more to do with the "Nobody Cares" sentiment. I'd like to see them say that to Pat's face.

Once again. JMO :)
Just because I wouldn't want to say it to her doesn't mean I don't think it's true.

Last edited:
Seriously people . . . How can you go negative on something as benign as that Tweet? It's the kind of thing you hear from every AD.

That
Isn't it the AD's job to 'tweet' the horn of the school ?

My God, how freakin negative can we get ?

It's the old blame game routine. Mad about something, find someone to blame it on. Kiffin lies and bolts to LA - Hamilton's fault. Pearl lies and cheats - Hamilton's fault. Raleigh tanks the baseball program - Hamilton's fault. Tsunami hits Japan - Hamilton, er, I mean, Bush's fault. If it sounds familiar that's because it is. If you need to place blame on someone try blaming the guy that did the deed.

Dang it was just a nice, informative tweet. Get a grip.

Thoughts? I'm not too impressed; post season should be expected with a budget like UT.

The first thing that came to my mind is, "UT is one of only one school to have both major sports under NCAA investigation this year."

It's people like u tht got delmonico let go and Raleigh hired and fulmer let go and kidding hired the one who caused alot of the problems so if ur a real ut fan stand up for the program and stop hatin on everything if ur a big enough ut fan like most people I no this program has brought u some of ur greatest memories so stop hatin and support ur Vols
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It's people like u tht got delmonico let go and Raleigh hired and fulmer let go and kidding hired the one who caused alot of the problems so if ur a real ut fan stand up for the program and stop hatin on everything if ur a big enough ut fan like most people I no this program has brought u some of ur greatest memories so stop hatin and support ur Vols
Ha oops meant kiffin lol

I would trade all of our women's basketball titles for just one baseball championship. And I do not even care about Tennessee baseball.

Those who didn't want Fulmer let go don't demand enough of UT football, period.

I would trade all of our women's basketball titles for just one baseball championship. And I do not even care about Tennessee baseball.
I laughed. I don't really care about baseball, but I would make the same trade for a football or basketball conference title.

I laughed. I don't really care about baseball, but I would make the same trade for a football or basketball conference title.

If we are just going by whats most important to us, I would trade mens basketball, womens basketball, and baseball for the chance to just stay in the top five in football, but thats my point exactly. We all have different tastes in sports. My argument is there are quite a few that do enjoy womens basketball. You guys don't like it and that is wonderful for you. I personally wouldn't watch a TN baseball game if you offered to pay me to do it, but I understand many enjoy it. I also know it is one of our schools teams and support them for that reason. FWIW, Lady Vols basketball average attendance per game was higher than any NCAA teams baseball average attendance for 2010. I guess the fans think it is more important than you would like to believe.

It stresses me out all the negativity here. I wish some people on here when I read what I think about the vols would be fans of other teams. If they hated on their teams like they do the vols it would do the vols more good than they are now. :)

If we are just going by whats most important to us, I would trade mens basketball, womens basketball, and baseball for the chance to just stay in the top five in football, but thats my point exactly. We all have different tastes in sports. My argument is there are quite a few that do enjoy womens basketball. You guys don't like it and that is wonderful for you. I personally wouldn't watch a TN baseball game if you offered to pay me to do it, but I understand many enjoy it. I also know it is one of our schools teams and support them for that reason. FWIW, Lady Vols basketball average attendance per game was higher than any NCAA teams baseball average attendance for 2010. I guess the fans think it is more important than you would like to believe.
When did I say anything about how important baseball is? For me it's football and then basketball.

It's fine if people like the others, but I just don't like when people try to lump women's basketball with football and the men's game to make it seem like there's a 'big 3' in college athletics.

The fact that some would trade 8 national titles that belong to the Lady Vols for just 1 mens basketball or baseball title speaks volumes. Isin't that envy? The fact that folks can't/don't root for both men's and women's teams seems silly to me, but to each his own.

As for the Big 3, let's get real, there isin't even a Big 2. Football dwarfes basketball in revenue.

The fact that some would trade 8 national titles that belong to the Lady Vols for just 1 mens basketball or baseball title speaks volumes. Isin't that envy? The fact that folks can't/don't root for both men's and women's teams seems silly to me, but to each his own.
It's not actually about trading trophies, it's about what you would rather have.

As for the Big 3, let's get real, there isin't even a Big 2. Football dwarfes basketball in revenue.
Try to spin it that way if you want.

VN Store

Back