Mike Hamilton is a genius - The Debate (merged)

Alot of good points, but #4 is not really correct, and the ending is too "sky is falling"......... you have to put the UT trustees in there as well, I'm sure they have their hand in everything at that level.......

Please don't post anything negative about Dooley until after NSD, bc/ recruits read this board.......If you're a troll, then do as u must....... :eek:lol:

Just because you use a lot of words doesn't make them true or relevant. You sound like a girlfriend that just got dumped.

FAIL!
And on which points have you proven me wrong?...Hamilton on multiple occasions flat out got jobbed, and he has been gambling with the last 2 hires when he should be hiring the one with a record/resume that shows the greatest ability to succeed. He simply did not do that, and just because you are willing to take anything handed to you doesn't make you right.

For what it's worth...I called it spot on last year before Kiffin was hired. Like Dooley, he simply was not the most qualified for the job. Here we are a year later and worse for the wear, and I'll be damned if he didn't do the same thing again this time.

We're lucky to have Hammy. He is great at what he does and the fact that some make statements without full knowledge of why some contracts had certain terms is laughable. For one, glad to have him on board and trust his decision making.

I got tired of seeing threads all over VolNation saying they want Hammy fired and I just wanted to chime in and brighten the board a little.

Below is the only reason I need for him to have my support:

He had the gonads to stand up to Peyton Manning of all people, and keep David Cutcliffe from being the head coach of my alma mater, the University of Tennessee.

Derek Dooley is our coach now, for better or worse. Now is not the time to be looking for a new AD. Go Vols, and thanks Hammy for everything you do.

Agreed. Hamilton has bungled the football program ever since the '05 season. We've gone from a top 10ish program to a program that can't even lure coordinators or head coaches from TCU, etc.

TENNaciousUTfan,
STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS. We get it. You hate MH and think CDD is a bad hire. You dont need to tell us anymore. We heard you the first dozen times.

I got tired of seeing threads all over VolNation saying they want Hammy fired and I just wanted to chime in and brighten the board a little.

Below is the only reason I need for him to have my support:

He had the gonads to stand up to Peyton Manning of all people, and keep David Cutcliffe from being the head coach of my alma mater, the University of Tennessee.

lol. If you believe that you are a fool.

And on which points have you proven me wrong?...Hamilton on multiple occasions flat out got jobbed, and he has been gambling with the last 2 hires when he should be hiring the one with a record/resume that shows the greatest ability to succeed. He simply did not do that, and just because you are willing to take anything handed to you doesn't make you right.

For what it's worth...I called it spot on last year before Kiffin was hired. Like Dooley, he simply was not the most qualified for the job. Here we are a year later and worse for the wear, and I'll be damned if he didn't do the same thing again this time.

Got jobbed? Lane Kiffin did a great job while he was here. He showed extreme douche-baggery on the way out but that does not undermine what he did on the field. Hammy made a good hire but got burned by the one job he would leave for. Regretably, it happens.

How many threads are you gonna make about the AD position? We get it you don't like him. I normally wouldn't comment but everytime I look on the forum you create another thread about the AD. It's tiresome and annoying so please just add on to the ones you've already created.
Tell us something we don't know,agree 100%.
I saw the "Hamilton is a Genius" thread and just wanted something up there to counterbalance that thread with clear and concise points.

I don't know how much or if Hamilton has anyone in the AD checking the pulse of the fanbase by browsing boards like this from time to time. That would be one of the easiest ways to gauge public sentiment...similar to taking a poll.

In case they do, I want Hamilton to know without a doubt, that there are folks who are mighty PO'ed at him right now, and think he has to be held accountable for his mistakes.

The deal was Cut had to retain most of the current remaining staff. To say Hamilton refused to hire Cut and/or stood up to Peyton is not accurate.

That's not what I'm hearing. There is a huge push right now from the old guard to get Hammy OUT. If you listened to John Brice tonight on the Animal, then it's obvious someone is whispering in his ear.

Talks got heated between Peyton and Hammy, the subject was Cutcliffe.

Hammy picked the right team. If Cutcliffe would have been the choice, Hammy would be out of a job TODAY.

That's not what I'm hearing. There is a huge push right now from the old guard to get Hammy OUT. If you listened to John Brice tonight on the Animal, then it's obvious someone is whispering in his ear.

Hammy picked the right team.

If Haslem doesn't want him gone, he ain't leaving. And I don't think Haslem wants him gone. Hamilton is an easy puppet for him.

Hammy picked the right team. If Cutcliffe would have been the choice, Hammy would be out of a job TODAY.

Yea.. Peyton's team keeps winning and the Vols keep getting worse.

TENNaciousUTfan,
STOP POSTING ABOUT THIS. We get it. You hate MH and think CDD is a bad hire. You dont need to tell us anymore. We heard you the first dozen times.

This times infinity! TENNaciousUTfan you are entitled to your opinion...but there should be a limit to how many times & how many places you can state it.

It really doesn't matter what I think or you think... Coach Dooley is the head coach of the TN Vols..& that ain't gonna change for at least 3 years....so ..deal with it or move along & support another team.
GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This argument from silence is unfair.

You assume that Dungy, or Lovie Smith or Gruden or Muschamp or...who? Please do not say the Mormon or the Scientologist...are out there and just wanted more money or a better deal...

It is not true. But I would like to see your list. Because it will be funny to look at it in 5 years.

Kind of like digging up lists of who the experts said should have been hired instead of Pearl...lots of winners in that group...
Why don't you just stop being a blind homer for just a minute...you would've been all over anyone for criticizing Kiffin last week, and now it's different. Some of us didn't like him when he was hired, and called it right...unlike you.
Kelly damn well would've taken the job last year...provided Hamilton even offered...He didn't. He offered Dooley who he said was his first choice, this time around.

You don't know one damn bit what the other coaching prospects said...or whether they were even offered, so get off you damn high horse until you can bring some facts to the table. Bottom line, Hamilton failed to hire any on the list of more qualified candidates. Dooley may turn out ok...but his resume simply does not lead an employer to expect that he will. Can it get any more simple than that? Sure, you're easy to please and you'll take whatever mush you're handed...and like it. But some of us reserve the right to think for ourselves, and not let Homeritis skew our thinking.

Last edited:
The jury is still out. If Dooley is immensely successful immediately better to give the credit to MH than to X.

If Haslem doesn't want him gone, he ain't leaving. And I don't think Haslem wants him gone. Hamilton is an easy puppet for him.

How so?

I'm not accusing you of being a Fulmer felcher, but it sounds like you're accusing Haslam of forcing Hammy's hand on the issue in regards to CPF's pink slip.

If that's not the case, how exactly is Hamilton an empty suit in the AD's office?

The deal was Cut had to retain most of the current remaining staff. To say Hamilton refused to hire Cut and/or stood up to Peyton is not accurate.

How do you know what the "deal" was....you don't know the true facts...so stop acting like you do & express your opinion....not your opinion as being "fact".

VN Store

Back