Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

Newest trailer terrific it looks like a serious amazing action fantasy movie.
It'll have a mix of light hearted and serious like the marvel super hero movies.

I'm mostly amazed complaints about changes including Rita Repulsa. Wow it's extremely boring if reboots have nothing different at all.

It appears Goldar won't be a comedic character on the sidelines instead a formidable foe.
We actually get to see the full transformation when they morph which is terrific.
If it's a reboot maybe they get new power weapons.

The helmets still look mostly the same as the US tv show version rest of the costumes are different, so old and new mix plus very practical to have Iron Man style armor suits.
The fact that they have powers without the suits makes for a tough adjustment.
Likely character development because of screw-up teenagers that want to do something good or great.

I'm assuming the coins choose humans. If not then I'll guess Zordon choose which humans will be the black, red, blue, yellow, and pink rangers.
Rita Repulsa is a Dark Lord like Darth Vader, she has a history of having killed Rangers not specified so better not to know since less is more. She has a unique green costume and like Cheetah or Poison Ivy the beautiful female villain, she will get her hands dirty instead of *****ing while on the sidelines, and has rock minions.

Most of this is 180 degrees away from the original versions, and it is terrific.

Newest trailer terrific it looks like a serious amazing action fantasy movie.
It'll have a mix of light hearted and serious like the marvel super hero movies.

I'm mostly amazed complaints about changes including Rita Repulsa. Wow it's extremely boring if reboots have nothing different at all.

It appears Goldar won't be a comedic character on the sidelines instead a formidable foe.
We actually get to see the full transformation when they morph which is terrific.
If it's a reboot maybe they get new power weapons.

The helmets still look mostly the same as the US tv show version rest of the costumes are different, so old and new mix plus very practical to have Iron Man style armor suits.
The fact that they have powers without the suits makes for a tough adjustment.
Likely character development because of screw-up teenagers that want to do something good or great.

I'm assuming the coins choose humans. If not then I'll guess Zordon choose which humans will be the black, red, blue, yellow, and pink rangers.
Rita Repulsa is a Dark Lord like Darth Vader, she has a history of having killed Rangers not specified so better not to know since less is more. She has a unique green costume and like Cheetah or Poison Ivy the beautiful female villain, she will get her hands dirty instead of *****ing while on the sidelines, and has rock minions.

Most of this is 180 degrees away from the original versions, and it is terrific.

I love the new outfits. I don't know who was responsible for their design, but whoever he/she is deserves huge props.

I love the new outfits. I don't know who was responsible for their design, but whoever he/she is deserves huge props.

Utterly agree.

No doubt after the success of 1st Iron Man movie it inspired others to use the same.
The new versions of the power weapons the power sword could be thrown with it spinning like a helicopter blade.

I've seen on amazon you can buy mmpr helmet props. It costs a lot of money but worth it for a die hard Power Rangers fan.

Don't want this to come out the wrong way but it bugs me that Billy is black and Zach is Asian....

Other than that I am stoked for this! Can't remember how many Halloweens in a row I was the red or green Ranger growing up

Last edited:
Don't want this to come out the wrong way but it bugs me that Billy is black and Zach is Asian....

Other than that I am stoked for this! Can't remember how many Halloweens in a row I was the red or green Ranger growing up

So you wanted Billy to remain a white guy?

I was the red ranger for 1 Halloween. A unmistakable red costume.

Reactions: 1 person
Power Rangers was so new that when I was the Red Ranger for Halloween after it first came to the US nobody knew what I was.

Power Rangers was so new that when I was the Red Ranger for Halloween after it first came to the US nobody knew what I was.

The costume I had was decent including a full soft helmet not the plastic mask with a string.

The whole point of a reboot is do something different it's utterly boring if it's mostly the same or the exact same.
I wonder what the rock monsters will be called. Also I uploaded my thoughts on mmpr reboot movie to my youtube channel today.

Link
https://youtu.be/Xpa6dhTVpCE

Reactions: 2 people
So anyone seeing it this weekend?

I did today.
Wow pretty surprised this Jason Scott has 2 obvious similarities to me.

A great serious action fantasy movie as I expected, and brilliant cameos, pretty good soundtrack, amazing climax, obvious hollywood wants sequels from lines, and a great climax.

Reactions: 1 person
My rating/review - 4/5

I was really impressed with this new take on the Power Rangers. I liked that it kinda toed the line between being a film for kids & their parents that watched the original. Some of the dialog was a bit cheesy at times I hope they cut down on that in a sequel.

I really liked the build up to them finally morphing. However I miss the holding the coin/ crystal and going "It's Morphin' Time!"

A few complaints was not a fan of them making them become superhuman being able to pull doors off hinges, smash a bathroom sink by leaning on it. Why couldn't they had made Jason David Frank be Jason's dad or Amy Jo Johnson be Kimberly's mom? Especially given the screen time that they gave the guy playing Jason's dad.
My final beef was with the Transformers-Esq look to the Megazord (looked a lot like Optimus Prime) or the Zords look altogether as outside the T-Rex I really couldn't tell what each was supposed to be.

Overall I was highly entertained and hope that they get to make this into a multi film franchise.

My rating/review - 4/5

I was really impressed with this new take on the Power Rangers. I liked that it kinda toed the line between being a film for kids & their parents that watched the original. Some of the dialog was a bit cheesy at times I hope they cut down on that in a sequel.

I really liked the build up to them finally morphing. However I miss the holding the coin/ crystal and going "It's Morphin' Time!"

A few complaints was not a fan of them making them become superhuman being able to pull doors off hinges, smash a bathroom sink by leaning on it. Why couldn't they had made Jason David Frank be Jason's dad or Amy Jo Johnson be Kimberly's mom? Especially given the screen time that they gave the guy playing Jason's dad.
My final beef was with the Transformers-Esq look to the Megazord (looked a lot like Optimus Prime) or the Zords look altogether as outside the T-Rex I really couldn't tell what each was supposed to be.

Overall I was highly entertained and hope that they get to make this into a multi film franchise.

I imagine they'll make new Villains but still will be using the Alien Tyrant Lord Zedd and reuse Rita Repulsa.

I'm very surprised a person seriously believes this isn't a serious movie.

VN Store

Back