Mighty Morphin Power Rangers

I was in college when the original came out and I went with my brother and his son (who was 4 at the time). All I remember about the movie was that they threw a girl in a bikini in the movie for no apparent reason.

Holy crap. It was the actress from Law and Order SVU

jhjhjhhjg.jpg

Edit: I think she got replaced by another actress

Dulcea.jpg

dulcea%20power%20rangers%201995.jpg

I don't fully remember

I was in college when the original came out and I went with my brother and his son (who was 4 at the time). All I remember about the movie was that they threw a girl in a bikini in the movie for no apparent reason.

Holy crap. It was the actress from Law and Order SVU

jhjhjhhjg.jpg

Edit: I think she got replaced by another actress

Dulcea.jpg

dulcea%20power%20rangers%201995.jpg

I don't fully remember

Last movie that used the 20th century fox VHS logo.

I'm not shocked as if it makes money in Hollywood they'll reuse it.
Hoping Michael bay doesn't get attached, also reboot wonder if they'll use different animals along with different weapons, and costumes that aren't variations at all of the original ones.

The rangers movie costumes are made of PVC and as I recall reading they weighed I think 40 pounds. Shocking because costumes look light as baseball uniforms.

I loved the original power rangers tv show. Angel grove makes me think of California. Zed was freakin great.
How the heck is Adam like a frog? I'm serious all dulcia said yes like one you kiss to get a handsome prince.
Also had public service messages teaching lessons take that to anyone that says can't learn something valuable on tv.

Roberto Orci Talks Power Rangers Reboot, Reveals Film Has Continuity

Roberto Orci Talks Power Rangers Reboot, Reveals Film Has Continuity

Last week it was revealed that Star Trek and The Amazing Spider-Man screenwriter Roberto Orci was stepping on board Lionsgate’s big screen reboot of Saban’s Power Rangers. He will develop the plot for the film along with X-Men: First Class screenwriters Ashley Miller and Zack Stentz. IGN caught up with Orci to talk about the project and he revealed some interesting behind-the-scenes bits about working with Saban.

“One of the first things we did was learn and read…They have 600 pages of research that they have on their stuff. We read through the synopsis of everything they did and we are actually taking into account quite a bit of the canon in a real way. We’re not just a leave it behind reboot. [Haim] Saban cares very much about that. This is something that he created. I had to go to his house, personally, to tell him, “Listen, I’m your man. Miller and Stenz, these are your guys. I promise you I won’t ruin your franchise.” And he said, “It’s very important to me, because kids around the world know what the Power Rangers are. So you can’t just come in here and walk all over it. It better be consistent with what I’ve been doing.” And I said, “Yes sir!”

Orci went on to add that the upcoming reboot will have some form of continuity with the original series, but in what capacity he wouldn’t say.

“It’s got a continuity within the world. I can’t tell you what, but it does have a continuity.”

Saban launched “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” as a live-action TV series more than 20 years ago, and the series has been in continuous production ever since. It has subsequently grown into one of the world’s most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVD’s, comic books and other merchandise.

20th Century Fox previously released two feature films, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie in 1995 and Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie in 1997.

Orci directing gives me so much hope.

I would give so much money if they had a training montage where the original MMPR guys (that could) teach the next generation. Please, make this happen.

Amy Jo Johnson who I believe was the first Pink Power Ranger

Lord Zedd One of the greatest badasses in power rangers history, and on fox kids tv show history aka must be family friendly tv but damn did x men push go into a lot of pg13 or r territory.
He was so brutal parents complained and he had to be toned down.

I want to see a pg 13 serious action movie. Not it's batman begins dead serious but leaves any batman and robin esque stuff out of it.

She is and only one of the original cast that still is in acting.
I recall she kicked ass in the cbs tv show flash point which looked like a new era swat tv show.

Jason David frank aka tommy is prospering with a mma career as he is a martial artist in real life so it's like he was playing a part of himself as tommy or it's art imitating life.

There are original power rangers episode with added comic book style stuff.

Ninjeti outfits look like they got mc hammer baggy style pants.
It's rather amazing the power rangers could move fast in their movie costumes since I read they weighed I think forty pounds.

You can download the beeping communicator of the original power rangers. I've used it as a alarm clock on my cellphone.

This new 12 minute long short fan/bootleg film is awesome and disturbing!

Directed by Joseph Kahn (Torque) and produced by Adi Shankar (The Grey) and starring James Van Der Beek (CSI: Cyber) and Katee Sackhoff (Longmire)

Rated R/Graphic Violence, Language

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vw5vcUPyL90[/youtube]

We can bet the new reboot want be this graphic!

Reactions: 1 person

Directed by Joseph Kahn (Torque) and produced by Adi Shankar (The Grey) and starring James Van Der Beek (CSI: Cyber) and Katee Sackhoff (Longmire)

I never totally got into the MMPR as a kid. But now that I have kids and my youngest twin boy loves watching it, I have come to realize I missed out on horrible acting and sub par plots where the Rangers spoke English but the old lady villain spoke delayed English ( like an early Godzilla movie). Man I miss being innocent.

I never totally got into the MMPR as a kid. But now that I have kids and my youngest twin boy loves watching it, I have come to realize I missed out on horrible acting and sub par plots where the Rangers spoke English but the old lady villain spoke delayed English ( like an early Godzilla movie). Man I miss being innocent.

If I recall most of the en-costume scenes and the bad guys was the American/Canadian actors/actresses dubbing over the Japanese original footage. :ermm:

I doubt it, which is probably why the company that owns the right to the franchise is demanding it be taken down.

If I recall most of the en-costume scenes and the bad guys was the American/Canadian actors/actresses dubbing over the Japanese original footage. :ermm:

Or they were voiced by people like Bryan Cranston!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw[/youtube]

And yes, Walter White does do stupid Power Ranger monster-style voices each time.

It's the reason the show lasted so long despite not flawless early ratings. It was so cheap to make because they were just recycling maizinger episodes/plots that it was almost like making half a show from a cost perspective. They still do most of it to this day, IIRC.

The short film was great. I grew up on the original cast and this is a good way to bring it to a close.

VN Store

Back