Might lose another?

I hate to say it, but it's trimming the fat. This is how championship teams are built.

Man I always knew CBJ was a hell of a coach but he now is able to tell where the fat is to trim before a single day of practice with his kids he recruited.

On a seriousness note this man has this fanbase in the palms of his hands. If he can win 9 games this fall no telling what this fan base would do for him.

Reactions: 5 people
Man I always knew CBJ was a hell of a coach but he now is able to tell where the fat is to trim before a single day of practice with his kids he recruited.

On a seriousness note this man has this fanbase in the palms of his hands. If he can win 9 games this fall no telling what this fan base would do for him.

No homo?

Reactions: 1 person
Oliver wasn't a blue shirt. Bruce and Perry.

I agree with you. LWS has stated there were 7 blueshirts. But that isn't possible if they signed LOIs. Every indication is that all but Bruce, Perry, and Young did. With Bruce gone, there are 2 that count towards '16. The 85 man limit was looking to control next year's class, but at this attrition rate, it may go back to the limit of 23. Anything beyond that would have to count forward.

17 players gone in past three years and eight from the 2014 class, is this really accurate? I wonder how it stacks up to other programs? Seems a bit concerning given the constant rebuilding of our program that has been supposedly transpiring for the past 7 years

Over signing to increase the numbers seems to be then plan. Then cut the ones who can't playnat this level. It sounds like an NFL training camp to me.

Reactions: 4 people

Elect him Governor?

A friend of my dad who is in the know about these type of stories was telling me the story yesterday morning to my dad, I was not paying much attention, he did not know who it was but I heard him saying that Butch was yelling at him in his office giving him a tongue lashing he told my dad what the player did but was playing golf so did not catch the whole thing. Wish I asked him to repeat the story.

Now we get it. Thank you for this illuminating post. :ermm:

Reactions: 3 people
I think Swain meant Preston Williams....he has to retake his ACT before he can even step onto the practice field.

I don't think Oliver was a blue shirt but since he never practiced the same rules apply. We can use his scholarship come February

All classes have whiffs, many of them.

This and if all our whiffs are blue shirts then the staff did a helluva job. Blue shirt that is cut doesn't really impact our numbers so it's in essence a roll of the dice with nothing to lose.

I think Swain meant Preston Williams....he has to retake his ACT before he can even step onto the practice field.

Not Preston. He has busted his butt in rehab to be on the field of play and be at his best. I doubt Swain knew about the score being flagged when he made those comments.

I've heard a rumor on who it was and I won't comment but I will say if it's who I heard no one will give that much a damn if he is sent packing, so not an elite prospect from what I've heard.

Reactions: 1 person
Guess I missed that. Could've sworn he faxedd in his LOI on NSD. The only 2 players I ever heard of blueshirting were Bruce and Perry. Guess I stand corrected. Apologies.

UT announced things as happening on NSD that did not happen. Players could have faxed anything in on NSD..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
When does the Swain Event even come on anymore? I haven't listened in a while because there is always an issue. I tried listening this morning and there is another show on.

Everyone.......cool your jets, 2015 was a huge class, and all us have seen this before. Attrition is going to happen, someone name me one class that we did not lose 2-3 players. Now, when we start losing Jr & Sr's..........now we can get worried. To be honest, when I was in the military, all of those enlistees were qualified, but we lost 3-5 before the end of basic and more after that....it's all relative. We want the ones that will last at least 3 years........does that make sense or am I off on this?

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think Oliver was a blue shirt but since he never practiced the same rules apply. We can use his scholarship come February

Once the LOI is signed, it's counted toward a class. Oliver leaving opens up a number in the 85-man limit.

Name one of them to go on and become big stars? They all drop leagues and fall out of the ballgame before nfl. He's just weeding out the kids he knows aren't giving 100% to the big orange. Pun intended. Trust in Butch.

id much rather he weed them out prior to signing them. its ok to say the emperors outfit sucks every now and then.

VN Store

Back