Midnight Madness

Makes sense, and right now I think a lot o places in the country when you say Tennessee a lot more people think basketball than they used to.

If we are talking people under the age of say, 23, I would be inclined to agree. People older than that know better.

If we are talking people under the age of say, 23, I would be inclined to agree. People older than that know better.

My family in CT knows UT as basketball...obviously that's not a huge group, but just saying.

I think UT BB is more nationally known than many give credit for.

This basketball school just got ousted in the 2nd rd of the NIT by an instate directional school.

This is, and for the foreseeable future, will be a football school.

I'm just saying this because our football team is garbage right now. I'm well aware football is king.

My family in CT knows UT as basketball...obviously that's not a huge group, but just saying.

I think UT BB is more nationally known than many give credit for.

Several factors potentially contribute to that. First being regional issues. Second, UCONN is a basketball school and Geno vs Pat was a big rivalry for 10 or so years. Thirdly, until very recently (say pre-Randy Edsall), UCONN hasn't really competed nationally in football. In that short period of time, Tennessee hasn't been relevant on a national scene in football.

Several factors potentially contribute to that. First being regional issues. Second, UCONN is a basketball school and Geno vs Pat was a big rivalry for 10 or so years. Thirdly, until very recently (say pre-Randy Edsall), UCONN hasn't really competed nationally in football. In that short period of time, Tennessee hasn't been relevant on a national scene in football.

Very true...I could only speak with certainty from experience, just thought I'd share.

VN Store

Back