Midnight Madness

Hahaha. I know you like basketball a lot but You cannot change 100+ years of history in half a decade.

I should've capitalized slowly....I would've bolded but don't know how on mobile.

With a national championship next year it'll speed up the process.

Everyone's into the what have you done for me lately...i wonder if there's schools out there who have a better football history than basketball, but due to recent success are thought more of as a basketball school now...I'm sure there are but can't think of any off the top of my head.

Last edited:
Some schools are having their "Midnight Madness" this weekend, I know Indiana is, and the list of recruits attending is quite impressive. Just throwing it out there...

I think the timing was right since we have the potential to bring in one of the top recruiting classes Tennessee has had.

I should've capitalized slowly....I would've bolded but don't know how on mobile.

With a national championship next year it'll speed up the process.

Everyone's into the what have you done for me lately...i wonder if there's schools out there who have a better football history than basketball, but due to recent success are thought more of as a basketball school now...I'm sure there are but can't think of any off the top of my head.

You can do bold on mobile but you have to enter the HTML yourself. Same as for imbedded pics and videos.

As for old football schools that have become basketball schools, I can't really think of one either.

What's the prevailing thought on the best night to do this? Football Bye week? Home game? Away? Are these things usually a Saturday event or a Friday thing?

What's the prevailing thought on the best night to do this? Football Bye week? Home game? Away? Are these things usually a Saturday event or a Friday thing?

I'm pretty sure they traditionally do it at midnight of the first day the NCAA allows practices. If they do it like that, the football schedule will be irrelevant.

Make it free, sell concessions, and have it before a night football game.

Typically it starts about 8pm on the night before practice is allowed...NCAA doesn't make you wait til midnight anymore.

Some schools don't actually do it that first date, but wait until the weekend or a better date.

Make it free, get a good musical performer, do it while students are on campus...get a good list of visitors, and it'll be a hit!

Don't pin your hopes on basketball. Remember last season? We lost to Austin Peay, Coastal Carolina, and M.T.S.U.
Basketball program has the ability to dis appoint us also.

umm, it is not how you start its how you finish (2nd in the SEC, beat Florida twice, and the conference champions). Nice of you to stay positive since football has gone to hell let's not bring down basketball with it.

With that being said, it's year 2 under coach Zo and the players are locked in and focused. GBO!!

Every popular program has this type of event for their basketball team. It is a huge recruiting tool that we could use.

Typically it starts about 8pm on the night before practice is allowed...NCAA doesn't make you wait til midnight anymore.

Some schools don't actually do it that first date, but wait until the weekend or a better date.

Make it free, get a good musical performer, do it while students are on campus...get a good list of visitors, and it'll be a hit!

Please no mascot basketball game and I agree no to Kenny Chesney as well.

Great recruiting tool. Will further aid CCM in drawing big time recruits to UT. Hopefully you guys can sell it out!

VN Store

Back