Michelle Marciniak's Take

FB is for "friends"....I promise that she did not mean for it to be posted here or SHE would have done it.....thus....."hid".....

Ok, you win. You real name is T-TownVol and everyone knows exactly who you are when you post just like the rest of us.

Reactions: 2 people
Essentially, what Michelle is saying is that the only value of coaches is recruiting. Once you have the players, how they perform is up to them. Is Lady Vol talent that much worse than the talent at Connecticut, Notre Dame, South Carolina or Baylor. Does anyone think that these players coached by Geno, Muffet or the others would be out of the tourney now. Coaching matters.

Totally agree. If this isn't true, UT should have never fired Butch. But no, let's wait until Holly provides us with as many "firsts" as Butch did before she is shown the door.

Reactions: 1 person
With all due respect to Michelle, isn’t she doing exactly what CHW was supposedly upset about. She putting all the blame, or as Holly said “crap” on the players. Don’t understand how it is ok to blame 9 young ladies for everything, instead of the one adult in charge that is suppose to hold those ladies accountable.

Reactions: 8 people
Sorry for the offense coach. The tournament that I saw was mostly run and gun with very little defense! Don’t the teams in the tournament get pluses by the number of points you beat your teams you play ?
Anyway sorry for lumping everyone together but my experience is just from observations...

I too apologize for bowing-up at ya.

Its simply not about the kids or their prior coaching at this point. CHW and staff has had them for a year. They are collegiate players, no longer ex-amateur HS or ex-AAU kids. . . . At this point the only reason AAU could still be a factor would be because college wasn't.

Ok, you win. You real name is T-TownVol and everyone knows exactly who you are when you post just like the rest of us.

I always win....but that has nothing to do with your failed logic here......connecting the dots is tuff I know.....

The only question I ask is why our highly rated players never play up to their rating where almost everywhere else they do. Are we recruiting players that are overrated or is coaching changing them from better to worse.
I thought some of the freshmen looked really good when they got here. Looks like at least a couple really regressed the second part of the season. Was it physical, mental fatigue, or playing more minutes that they could physically stand. Whatever the reason this team really collapsed and for whatever reason that happened needs to be resolved.

This right here tells me how well Michelle knows coaching!!
She coached as an assistant at South Carolina from 2003-2008, they signed top classes at that time and this was their records
10-18
8-21
17-12
18-15
16-16

The two years prior to her coaching at South Carolina they had went 25-7 and 23-8 with an Elite 8 appearance! LOL, boy she sure knows how to coach, hired to be a recruiting coordinator and signs top classes and they suck, yet Susan Walvius did mighty fine before Michelle took a coaching position! Maybe she took the same coaching philosophy at that time to sign top players and hope they developed themselves and thankfully she no longer coaches!

Reactions: 4 people
OP is spot on!!;...BUT... C'mon Michelle.....you post that on Volnation???....this is not a world where you try to use logic to make sense out of a situation....this is Volnation!!!...if these folks ain't lyin or cryin they dyin!!!!!...serious tho....I feel your pain and I wholeheartedly agree!!....I watched both games this weekend and wondered if the players were giving full effort at times myself...question tho.....if the players aren't giving 100%...then what do coaches do to get players to respond and give there all...in your opinion?...thanks and GBO!

Love your "Lyin or cryin they dyin" !

Michelle didn't post it in here. I did so folks could see that there are informed people out there that don't blame Holly to the extent they do on VN.

The only question I ask is why our highly rated players never play up to their rating where almost everywhere else they do. Are we recruiting players that are overrated or is coaching changing them from better to worse.
I thought some of the freshmen looked really good when they got here. Looks like at least a couple really regressed the second part of the season. Was it physical, mental fatigue, or playing more minutes that they could physically stand. Whatever the reason this team really collapsed and for whatever reason that happened needs to be resolved.

They got worst and were afraid of making mistates because of the coaching!

This right here tells me how well Michelle knows coaching!!
She coached as an assistant at South Carolina from 2003-2008, they signed top classes at that time and this was their records
10-18
8-21
17-12
18-15
16-16

The two years prior to her coaching at South Carolina they had went 25-7 and 23-8 with an Elite 8 appearance! LOL, boy she sure knows how to coach, hired to be a recruiting coordinator and signs top classes and they suck, yet Susan Walvius did mighty fine before Michelle took a coaching position! Maybe she took the same coaching philosophy at that time to sign top players and hope they developed themselves and thankfully she no longer coaches!

Wow. You sure got a lotta hate in there for a fan.

Aaaaaa, hey "Stud", She did not post this on VN. The OP did.....she hid behind FB.....

What a dumbass post. Hid? She made it a public
post on her FB for anyone to see. You’re the one hiding anonymously behind a keyboard. I doubt Michelle Marciniak frequents VN. She has bigger fish to fry like running a company and working with the Pat Summitt Foundation raising awareness for Alzheimer’s. She has a right to her opinion like anyone else... and she damn sure wasn’t hiding it!

What a dumbass post. Hid? She made it a public
post on her FB for anyone to see. You’re the one hiding anonymously behind a keyboard. I doubt Michelle Marciniak frequents VN. She has bigger fish to fry like running a company and working with the Pat Summitt Foundation raising awareness for Alzheimer’s. She has a right to her opinion like anyone else... and she damn sure wasn’t hiding it!

Feel better???...logic evades you also I see.....carry on....

Last edited:
From Facebook -

Ok so it's been 4 hours and I have some words, not many but some as it relates to our #ladyvols.

I was a player, so was Abby and Pashen and Tamika and Semeka and Chamique and Candace and Dawn and Shelley and Lisa and Pam and and and......

And I'm sorry but you just can't blame this on the coach.

Players play. Players make plays. Players win games. Players make free throws or they don't. Players are on the court. Players are in control. Players contest shots. Players get defensive stops. Players make or cause turnovers. Players take charges or punk out and don't sacrifice their bodies to do so. Players hit chippies or they don't. Players dive after loose balls or they choose not to.

Players are taught by their leaders, their coaches and I cannot stress enough the experience of this staff who is coaching these kids....is beyond what any other program can ask for.

The grass is NOT greener on the other side folks.

Players need to mature. Players need to value winning. Players need to feel the pain. So the next time when pain is looming, it feels different and therefore they will get a different outcome.

I really don't care if some fans don't agree with what I am saying but we have great players and great players need to step up as they always have in the TN program. Onus is on the players.

I will remind everyone that in 1996, we were 5 years without a Championship and Pat was as stressed as anyone EVER. She put the blame ON US to win. Mark my word, it was ours to win or not.

So please before you throw a baby out with the bathwater in blaming Holly, just remember it's a journey, not a sprint. In today's Me first, Video game reset world, everyone wants to get rid of the coach and think it will make it all right. Not so people.

Holly is a Pat's protege. She's got her blue print mapped in her body, soul and mind. You won't get any better, any closer to Pat than Holly.

I'd like everyone to think about this post as we tend not to blame the players only the coaches. Trust me, Pat blamed us and held us responsible.

Time for the players to own up. Whether anyone likes to read this or not, it's true and you can't argue it because I have been there and done that. 18 to 21 year olds are adults.

Spindarella was a player!

Sorry, you were a great player MM, but you are dead wrong here. Who do you think inspires the players to be the best they can be? Do have that drive to settle for nothing less than a NC. Pat's results were consistent because she consistently enforced discipline, execution, and instilled a work ethic that demanded players give their all. You know better than anyone that Pat wouldn't accept these results and would either sit your butt on the bench or make you run hard in practice, or even take away your locker room. She was the best because she demanded the best. Also, she spent the off months learning new aspects of the game - both offensively and defensively. Holly has not and she tries to use a scheme from 20 years ago. I'm sorry, but the game has changed and if you don't change you get left behind.

I know you love Holly, as an assistant she was the 'good cop' to Pat's 'bad cop' - a true friend and confidant. But you can't play this role as a HC, and for all the love and respect you have for her, you still have to realize that at the end of the day she isn't getting it done. With McD AA all over the roster, the result cannot be place squarely on the players. They look slow, lost, nervous, and uninspired on the court. It is the coach's job to motivate these girls and teach them the elements that will improve their respective games. I respect that you gave your all for the LVs, but don't let loyalty blind you to the ineptness of this coach staff. And P.S. you said you couldn't get a better coaching staff in the country, well Geno, Muffet, Kim, and Jeff all disagree (and they're right).

Reactions: 8 people
Sorry, you were a great player MM, but you are dead wrong here. Who do you think inspires the players to be the best they can be? Do have that drive to settle for nothing less than a NC. Pat's results were consistent because she consistently enforced discipline, execution, and instilled a work ethic that demanded players give their all. You know better than anyone that Pat wouldn't accept these results and would either sit your butt on the bench or make you run hard in practice, or even take away your locker room. She was the best because she demanded the best. Also, she spent the off months learning new aspects of the game - both offensively and defensively. Holly has not and she tries to use a scheme from 20 years ago. I'm sorry, but the game has changed and if you don't change you get left behind.

I know you love Holly, as an assistant she was the 'good cop' to Pat's 'bad cop' - a true friend and confidant. But you can't play this role as a HC, and for all the love and respect you have for her, you still have to realize that at the end of the day she isn't getting it done. With McD AA all over the roster, the result cannot be place squarely on the players. They look slow, lost, nervous, and uninspired on the court. It is the coach's job to motivate these girls and teach them the elements that will improve their respective games. I respect that you gave your all for the LVs, but don't let loyalty blind you to the ineptness of this coach staff. And P.S. you said you couldn't get a better coaching staff in the country, well Geno, Muffet, Kim, and Jeff all disagree (and they're right).

Her post was intended only for her friends on FB.....a "friendly" audience one might say....

Her post was intended only for her friends on FB.....a "friendly" audience one might say....

What do you not understand about the fact that she has the setting on the post set to PUBLIC so that ANYONE can see it?

Are you just assuming? Are you that dumb...or are you just a lying liar who lies?

Reactions: 3 people
What do you not understand about the fact that she has the setting on the post set to PUBLIC so that ANYONE can see it?

Are you just assuming? Are you that dumb...or are you just a lying liar who lies?

This is fun....."I'm rubber, you're glue"......your turn....

(by the way, stalking former players is childish)

Was she one of the players who came to pump the team up a few times over the last couple years? Did they do that at all this year?

Yes, the world has changed and so have the attitudes of young people. Other coaches have stated this and acknowledge they have challenges because of it. But, they too change and learn how to adapt their coaching style.

So, your point is? I'm sorry but other coaches have dealt with these changes, Holly has not. The other top teams remain top teams because they have succeeded in dealing with it while we take a header.

I'm sorry, but it is definitely coaching

And when we no longer can recruit the top athletes and better players? I don't even want to think about it.

Last edited:
Michelle and other LVs can say whatever they want in any venue they deem appropriate. It's their school and their program, and they have earned that right.

There's plenty of blame to go around. It starts with the coaches, and we need changes there. Nobody but UTAD controls that. The players need to be accountable, too, and they can control that. Nared and DD both commented that not all players gave their best effort last year and Nared said it again this year. Davis worked on her game with coaches outside of practice and her performance improved significantly. She'll be one of our go-to players next year, and that's no coincidence. It's no coincidence that Admiral Schofield became the Vols' most consistent player, either-- spending hours in the gym shooting 1000 shots a day makes you better. Not working on FTs makes you a 55% FT shooter and not working on ball control makes you turn the ball over 120 times in a season. When you do that, your team tends to lose.

Pat was tough on players and she made them work hard, but the great ones showed the initiative and drive to get better on their own. We don't have Pat... but we do have a few potential great ones.

I remember our undefeated '98 team was down 12 points (61-49) with 7 minutes to play in the Elite 8 in Nashville to North Carolina. UNC had a very good team and we were playing lethargic while they were banking in perimeter shots and getting every break from the refs. Down the stretch of that game Pat Summitt came out of their trademark full court press that year and went to a half court trap. It worked and we started turning them over. That was coaching. I've never seen that type of in-game adjustment from Warlick.

Also, I remember Jolly being very animated during the huddles. That team played with an intensity that reflected the personality of their coach. Summitt's teams were tough.

Last edited:
How do you know what her FB posts are, public/private.......huuuuuum.....STALKER!!!!!

She sent me a FB friend request so she and I are FB friends AND her post is set to public so anyone can see it whether they are her FB friend or not.

Your turn, weirdo.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back