Michelle Marciniak's Take

First of all, unauthorized/uneducated opinions telling others what to do are RAMPANT and EMBRACED and PREFERRED on this forum...but only if it's negative, Fahr Holly bull$hit.

Second, The word ‘fan’ is an abbreviation from fanatic. Fanatic derives from the Latin “fanaticus” which literally means “a temple servant, a devotee".

It has also been described as sacred or beneficial. In the course of time, the word has been used in reference to excessive ENTHUSIASM!

The dictionary defines a fan as a person who has a strong admiration for a particular person or thing.

Synonyms for fan are enthusiast, devotee, admirer, lover, supporter, follower, disciple, adherent, zealot, connoisseur, aficionado.

So, yes, a "fan" manual should be based almost exclusively in positivity.

What makes one think you're being a fan when you

*call for the coach to be fired, or

*criticize her every move, or

*minimize her accomplishments, loyalty, resumé, or acumen...?

BUT, you don't have to listen to me. I'm just a pollyanna water carrier for Holly. I don't give 2 $hits about the program, obviously.

PLEASE CARRY ON!

Hey Polly, quit your crying and go get me a water bottle.

Reactions: 2 people
Edited:

Seriously CHATT,,,You are at the point of taking things personal.

Nobody Hates CHW.
I certainly don't. . . I don't know her.
Whether you or Prophet does is relevant only to you or him(her).

It is not about Holly, Chatt, except for you.
I have known of Prophet through here for over a year. He is fair. And passionate.
But he, like I, we are Lady Vol fans and supporters.
I could care if "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith" was the coach...If he was he would fall under the same standards and expectations as CHW will have from me.

Chill CHATT,
Take a minute vacation

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Topsy turvy world when a "good" fan is ok with lack of competitiveness and general decline, supposedly out of loyalty to one of the most competitive folks to ever walk the Earth, Pat Head Summitt. "Bad" fans, on the other hand, are the ones who point out something amiss and ask for it to be fixed because they believe ole paint still has a few more quality miles in her. Seems odd to me.

"Fan" is really one of those intangibles that everyone gets to make up as they go along like "friend" or "love". Dictionary defs seem kind of pointless, as does arguing about who's a real one or a fake one. But carry on.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm honestly curious, not baiting at all, when I ask whether the first poster, the love em or leave em one, thinks there's a problem at all. Do you see the lack of competitiveness for championships as a natural and acceptable evolution? Is mid-pack SEC ok and do you see the current direction down the ladder changing anytime soon?

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer to this one...

First of all, unauthorized/uneducated opinions telling others what to do are RAMPANT and EMBRACED and PREFERRED on this forum...but only if it's negative, Fahr Holly bull$hit.

Second, The word ‘fan’ is an abbreviation from fanatic. Fanatic derives from the Latin “fanaticus” which literally means “a temple servant, a devotee".

It has also been described as sacred or beneficial. In the course of time, the word has been used in reference to excessive ENTHUSIASM!

The dictionary defines a fan as a person who has a strong admiration for a particular person or thing.

Synonyms for fan are enthusiast, devotee, admirer, lover, supporter, follower, disciple, adherent, zealot, connoisseur, aficionado.

So, yes, a "fan" manual should be based almost exclusively in positivity.

What makes one think you're being a fan when you

*call for the coach to be fired, or

*criticize her every move, or

*minimize her accomplishments, loyalty, resumé, or acumen...?

BUT, you don't have to listen to me. I'm just a pollyanna water carrier for Holly. I don't give 2 $hits about the program, obviously.

PLEASE CARRY ON!

Maybe Funk and Wagnell can coach this team. Define 'decline'.Define 'summitt'.

Don't hold your breath waiting for an answer to this one...

I know, I am interested to know from their viewpoint, but I'm not owed an answer on a meaningless yak board.

I do require an answer to this question however from the UTAD in order to make a hard decision as a long time ticket-holder and donor. Is status quo OK with them? Because it's not with me. To give up and ride this pony off prematurely and needlessly into the sunset would be the disloyal thing to do for me.

But at least the 1500 or so remaining "true" fans can bask in their shared loyalty as they watch the LVs battle Florida and Auburn for dead center of the conference and that coveted berth in the big dance!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Edited:

Seriously CHATT,,,You are at the point of taking things personal.

Nobody Hates CHW.
I certainly don't. . . I don't know her.
Whether you or Prophet does is relevant only to you or him(her).

It is not about Holly, Chatt, except for you.
I have known of Prophet through here for over a year. He is fair. And passionate.
But he, like I, we are Lady Vol fans and supporters.
I could care if "John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith" was the coach...If he was he would fall under the same standards and expectations as CHW will have from me.

Chill CHATT,
Take a minute vacation

Well, I've made no bones that this is personal to me. Must be for lot of people since we're spending our time chatting with made-up personas.

However, my reply was appropriate to the comment.

How about you take a minute vacation from pretending to be a viable coach, and I'll join you..?

Reactions: 4 people
Overall, this team will be stronger,, even with losing two All SEC'ers... The reason, this new team is not built to be a low-post oriented composition. They are built for cutter and gunner, basketball. No forcing of the ball inside means more emphasis on drives and shooting the mid-range or treys.

This is a scorers environment.

Coach/A.D. Fulmer will likely eventually be asking, what the Parents will be asking, about how far a Coach takes his, or her team, when she or he has recruited 2 All-SEC players to her or his team any given year, when he or she has them (i.e. 1 Head Coach + 2 All-SEC players ought to Lead their Team pretty far along into the Tournament(s)):

First Team All-SEC
Raigyne Louis LSU
Teaira McCowan Mississippi State
Victoria Vivians Mississippi State
Sophie Cunningham Missouri
A'ja Wilson South Carolina
Jaime Nared Tennessee
Mercedes Russell Tennessee
Chennedy Carter Texas A&M

For the love of God let's please not emphasize drives any more. especially for Hayes!

To me, lowering the shoulder and barreling down the lane into the trees to throw up a spinning twisting prayer and hope for a foul is easily as forced and exasperating as telegraphing the ball into the post who's draped with 3 opposing players.

Its all emblematic of what's wrong with the LVs offense. Can our new scorers environment feature cutting and passing as opposed to forced and desperate PLEASE!

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe Funk and Wagnell can coach this team. Define 'decline'.Define 'summitt'.

pretty easy to do for someone who isnt an idiot

Summit- Final four/NC

decline- First ever two years in a row round of 32 exit in program history! Lots of firsts for ole Holly and it must be nice being a TRUE fan as you say that continues to love her and her FIRSTS!

Summit- Final four/NC

decline- First ever two years in a row round of 32 exit in program history! Lots of firsts for ole Holly and it must be nice being a TRUE fan as you say that continues to love her and her FIRSTS!

Decline - losing in the NCAA first round for the only time. Oops, my bad. That was Summitt.

Idiot - pretending you are an expert in WBB while not even knowing how to spell the name of the greatest coach.

Lol. Three top players just announced plans to transfer from Vandy after their 7-win season with a hot shot cosh from

Summit- Final four/NC

Decline - losing in the NCAA first round for the only time. Oops, my bad. That was Summitt.

Idiot - pretending you are an expert in WBB while not even knowing how to spell the name of the greatest coach.

Lol.

Three top players just announced plans to transfer from Vandy after their 7-win season with a hot shot new coach from the WNBA.

Ol' Melanie was just too mediocre and fans clamored for better.

Be careful what you ask for.

Reactions: 4 people
Every coach would love to have a team of MMs...because then they'd never get fired.

Lol.

And how long and how many times did that first round exit happen Chatt? I mean in 30 years of coaching I would take one first round exit, especially considering in 6 years Holly has 2 second round exits and they have happened the past 2 years!

And yes compared to you I am an encyclopedia of WCBB because you make everyone on here look like an expert! I mean besides you and about 4-5 others are dumb enough to think Holly is a good coach! She would have a hard time winning a girls state title in high school coaching any program they could handpicked give to her! I mean MM lost how many players this year to injury and still got the job done, while people like you continue to make excuses for Holly not being able too!

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back