Michael White (La Tech)

Nice analysis, I have said since the first day of this search, that White would be the best fit on Rocky Top, and nothing has changed, I still expect him to be our next BB coach.

I think it is too often overlooked about the added value of assistant coaches.It we get white then there should be plenty of money left over to get the best.

Reactions: 1 person
I wish Hart would go on with it if that's how it's looking. We've got 4 signees who are getting more and more agitated by the day, and there's a handful of grad transfers and JUCOs who could make next years team better.

Jmo
Been checking some of the local rags for buzz.
LA Tech seems to be the only town writing articles that portray a little fear of losing their coach.
Need to wind this up.

Even if we don't snatch White up, he won't be at La Tech long. He'll get his shot somewhere else. He has a very bright future. Former pg's with high basketball IQ's always make great coaches. Would love to see him in orange next year. He isn't quite as outgoing as Pearl, but he isn't as bland as Cuonzo either. Not sure if his interviews will pump up our fans, but I know his fast pace would. I've also been watching pressers from him and he is very well spoken.

I wish Hart would go on with it if that's how it's looking. We've got 4 signees who are getting more and more agitated by the day, and there's a handful of grad transfers and JUCOs who could make next years team better.

Jmo

I agree it would be nice to have our guy in place to do damage control. The waiting is the hardest part.

I think it is too often overlooked about the added value of assistant coaches.It we get white then there should be plenty of money left over to get the best.

That's a very good point, get a top notch recruiter or two to get this thing rolling again.

That's a very good point, get a top notch recruiter or two to get this thing rolling again.

Would come down to what White wanted to do. Maybe he would want to keep his staff he has now. Much like Butch did, he may want to keep his guys even if the fans would rather see something else.

A lot of folks laughed when he said it, but it's looking pretty good right now. Recruiting wise is top notch. I would like to see a little more player development, but it's still early.

I'm pretty impressed so far. I remember say who TF is Butch Jones and now I'm like wow he's going to be the real deal. Love his passion.

Been checking some of the local rags for buzz.
LA Tech seems to be the only town writing articles that portray a little fear of losing their coach.
Need to wind this up.

Because they know he would go without a fight really IMO

Pitino...Minnesota will fight for.
Mack...same.
Cronin...same.
Miller....same.
Tyndall...same, but likely not to the same extent.

Because they know he would go without a fight really IMO

Pitino...Minnesota will fight for.
Mack...same.
Cronin...same.
Miller....same.
Tyndall...same, but likely not to the same extent.

This is what a Mizzou writer thinks of White:

The standout candidate after Marshall, however, is Louisiana Tech’s Michael White.

White has strong ties to the Southeast. He was born in Florida, was in Cape Girardeau for a time while his dad coached track at Southeast Missouri State, spent his teen years in New Orleans, was a four-year starter at Mississippi and an assistant back there after a stint at Jacksonville State in Alabama.

Known as a strong recruiter and tireless worker, he then was hired at La. Tech by former Missouri director of development Bruce Van De Velde, who was mentored at Tulane by White’s father, longtime college athletic director Kevin White, who is now at Duke and with whom Mike Alden is quite familiar.

White, whom Tennessee also might be after, fits the bill as an energetic young coach — just turned 37 — a solid game-strategist and someone who could fire up not only a fan base but also his players, the last especially a quality Haith couldn’t seem to harness.

Most important, White might actually consider MU a destination job. After years of searching for the right basketball coach, it’s an attitude Alden and the Tigers could use right about now.

The standout candidate after Marshall, however, is Louisiana Tech’s Michael White.

White has strong ties to the Southeast. He was born in Florida, was in Cape Girardeau for a time while his dad coached track at Southeast Missouri State, spent his teen years in New Orleans, was a four-year starter at Mississippi and an assistant back there after a stint at Jacksonville State in Alabama.

Known as a strong recruiter and tireless worker, he then was hired at La. Tech by former Missouri director of development Bruce Van De Velde, who was mentored at Tulane by White’s father, longtime college athletic director Kevin White, who is now at Duke and with whom Mike Alden is quite familiar.

White, whom Tennessee also might be after, fits the bill as an energetic young coach — just turned 37 — a solid game-strategist and someone who could fire up not only a fan base but also his players, the last especially a quality Haith couldn’t seem to harness.

Most important, White might actually consider MU a destination job. After years of searching for the right basketball coach, it’s an attitude Alden and the Tigers could use right about now.

let's get basketballs version on CBJ

Reactions: 3 people

He does seem to fit right in with what Hart said he wants in a basketball coach. The fact he could get him at a bargain, is just a bonus. Now that Mizzou is looking as well, that bargain price may start to increase rather quickly.

Move on White, make him the offer and let it known you aren't waiting around on his answer.

Jmo

I like it. If he wants to "think about it"(wait to see what Mizzou offers) then move on. I think he jumps at a 1.1 offer with good money for his assistants. Monday announcement it is.

I like it. If he wants to "think about it"(wait to see what Mizzou offers) then move on. I think he jumps at a 1.1 offer with good money for his assistants. Monday announcement it is.

My take as well. Does he wanna risk being Missouri's guy or not? I think he would take the offer from Tennessee, hope Hart moves quickly.

VN Store

Back