Michael Dyer - now Louisville bound (merged)

What's your opinion of the possibility that Dyer is a Vol?

• Total voters
As in not a good chance.

Have you looked at louisville's schedule? Who is going to beat them? They will be 2 td favorites in every game. Plus the media will hype them after they pounded florida last year. I will hate to see it but there is a good chance it will happen.

Anyone against having Dyer is an effin moron...Fulmer recruited the most thugs in UT's history and thrived with them...Meyer turned UF into thug central and won 2 NCs with them...this is football not ballet.......a good coach can keep them under wraps and make it work and Butch is a good coach...

You are right, it was Auburn's fault not his. He was the victim in this whole mess.

J/k. Hard pass. Are you all just looking for trouble? The risk is not worth the reward. I think with Neal, Lane, and Hill, combined with our line, we will be fine. Dyer is NOT worth the trouble he brings. Maybe you take a chance if you can afford it, but I don't think we can.
He is worth the risk and instantly becomes the best RB on our Roster. I didnt know this but some media guy the other day said he was never actually arrested. Butch can keep him straight and we need him badly.

Anyone against having Dyer is an effin moron...Fulmer recruited the most thugs in UT's history and thrived with them...Meyer turned UF into thug central and won 2 NCs with them...this is football not ballet.......a good coach can keep them under wraps and make it work and Butch is a good coach...

Wrong attitude. Just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm an effin moron then.

Reactions: 2 people
Have you looked at louisville's schedule? Who is going to beat them? They will be 2 td favorites in every game. Plus the media will hype them after they pounded florida last year. I will hate to see it but there is a good chance it will happen.

Who from that conference has played for a NC?

Who from that conference has played for a NC?

irrelevant if they are in the top two. If there aren't two undefeated teams from a power conference then they will be there. If there is one undefeated, one loss sec and them, there will be a debate with sec winning the debate.

irrelevant if they are in the top two. If there aren't two undefeated teams from a power conference then they will be there. If there is one undefeated, one loss sec and them, there will be a debate with sec winning the debate.

the 4 team playoff starts this year doesnt it ?

He is worth the risk and instantly becomes the best RB on our Roster. I didnt know this but some media guy the other day said he was never actually arrested. Butch can keep him straight and we need him badly.

You disrespect this team and the players that have sweated and earned the right to wear orange and white....Dyer does not need to be here....desperate for wins? We are putting ourselves in a position that we no longer need to be desperate, but yet we have fans that want to chase shinny objects that will do us no good in the long run....Hill, Neal, Lane and Young have earned it....Dyer has not touched a football in 2 years.....

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Kentucky will beat them

You disrespect this team and the players that have sweated and earned the right to wear orange and white....Dyer does not need to be here....desperate for wins? We are putting ourselves in a position that we no longer need to be desperate, but yet we have fans that want to chase shinny objects that will do us no good in the long run....Hill, Neal, Lane and Young have earned it....Dyer has not touched a football in 2 years.....

All the guy said was the he wasn't arrested. Desperate for wins? Umm yes. Are you not tired of watching your team get their ass kicked every Saturday and be the laughingstock of the SEC? I know I am. What long run? He would be here a year maybe 2. And I have to agree he would be the best RB instantly. He may not have played but I'm sure he's been training esp since he believes he will get a shot. It's not like we need him to carry it 30 times anyways bc we have three other RBs . He played in a spread type offense as well. I doubt we get him so it's whatever.

Reactions: 1 person

I don't see how you think he'd instantly be the best back on our roster. He's been out of football a while, and his successful season was due largely to the fact that defenses had no idea if one of the best athletes to ever play QB was about to rip off a huge run or if he'd hand it off to the RB.

Not saying he definitely wouldn't be great, but assuming he'd be best on our roster from day one is too far.

They won't be there. Count on it.

Although Dyer was not arrested for speeding the State trooper that arrested him gave him a pass on the weapon and the weed in the car....The State Trooper actions resulted in his suspension.....this is the path chosen by Dyer.....not anyone esle. as a junior-he is expected to be a leader.....we don't need this kind of leadership here.... See link below...

Onswipe

Last edited:
Although Dyer was not arrested for speeding the State trooper that arrested him gave him a pass on the weapon and the weed in the car....The State Trooper actions resulted in his suspension.....this is the path chosen by Dyer.....not anyone esle. as a junior-he is expected to be a leader.....we don't need this kind of leadership here.... See link below...

Onswipe

The weapon was unloaded, responsibly locked in the trunk of his car, so it was not like he was looking for trouble. But yeah, guns are a bad mix with college sports. My impression was that Dyer was self important with a lousy attitude and big ego, a disruptive element who was not a smart person generally. He made some bad decisions and enabled others to destroy their lives. Since then, he went without football to a little Baptist college, so he should be a little humbled with better habits, but who knows? He was an outstanding running back who did get yards on his own effort. I have no doubt about his talent. Dyer is an impact player who would force defenses to focus on the running game. I doubt that the players would look to him for leadership, but his play could give them a boost. One way or the other, it is the coaches' call to make with imput from the team...that is if the administration would approve the transfer, which it might not.

Last edited:
Screw him! We got Jalen Hurd! GBO!!!

Hurd will not stay at RB if we can find a good prototypical 5"-9" to 6'-0" RB. He is 6'-3" 230lb and runs straight up now. He will be moved to TE or LB. He is too tall for RB. He may play a year out of necessity.
Al Wilson was a 4* RB out of HS, Witten was a DE in HS.

Hurd will not stay at RB if we can find a good prototypical 5"-9" to 6'-0" RB. He is 6'-3" 230lb and runs straight up now. He will be moved to TE or LB. He is too tall for RB. He may play a year out of necessity.
Al Wilson was a 4* RB out of HS, Witten was a DE in HS.

While your history is correct, there's no way Hurd plays anything other than RB in this offense. Man is a beast.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back