Michael Dyer - now Louisville bound (merged)

What's your opinion of the possibility that Dyer is a Vol?

• Total voters
Was just informed by a lifelong friend of mine who works at 247 that Dyer has chosen and been granted a transfer to UT. I'm unsure as to how he came across this information or of its legitimacy.

Got it, it's fluff.

But just figured I'd let y'all know of the rumors round the 247 neighborhood.

If true, what are your thoughts?
I think about things that are happening not things that might never happen.

But that's just me. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
[/B]

Which means we will have a freshman QB running the offense. That means it will not matter since this will more than likely be a practice season.

I believe they will be OK without Dyer. Would much rather have an experienced Worley at QB to start the season and see where it goes. But if they have Dyer, the running game would be that much stronger not just this season, but next season as well since he is unlikely to go to the NFL until he rebuilds his career and reputation. That takes pressure off whatever QB they choose to use. It changes the ability of the team to win more earlier IMO. When that happens the recruiting gets that much easier.

Stanford beat Oregon and Tamu beat Alabama w mobile RSFreshmen QBs

Last edited:
If you are correct and we avg 5yds/carry we should be able to handle Alabama, Oregon, Georgia and Florida, unfortunately this is not going to happen this year.

Circular logic.

We averaged 4.5 and went 5-7. We could average 5 for the year and still lose all those games.

You disrespect this team and the players that have sweated and earned the right to wear orange and white....Dyer does not need to be here....desperate for wins? We are putting ourselves in a position that we no longer need to be desperate, but yet we have fans that want to chase shinny objects that will do us no good in the long run....Hill, Neal, Lane and Young have earned it....Dyer has not touched a football in 2 years.....

Team would welcome dyer with open arms. Trust that. Especially our lineman. Kids want to win. Although I'd be suprised if butch took him

Hurd will not stay at RB if we can find a good prototypical 5"-9" to 6'-0" RB. He is 6'-3" 230lb and runs straight up now. He will be moved to TE or LB. He is too tall for RB. He may play a year out of necessity.
Al Wilson was a 4* RB out of HS, Witten was a DE in HS.

You will eat crow for this one. He's Jalen Hurd not jason written or al Wilson

You disrespect this team and the players that have sweated and earned the right to wear orange and white....Dyer does not need to be here....desperate for wins? We are putting ourselves in a position that we no longer need to be desperate, but yet we have fans that want to chase shinny objects that will do us no good in the long run....Hill, Neal, Lane and Young have earned it....Dyer has not touched a football in 2 years.....

Chill out bro I was just making a statement. If CBJ allows him to come play for UT then I would 100% support it. Dyer has a ring and has done more in that one season at AU and is more talented than any RB we have right now. How long did Michael Vick go without playing and that first year he came back he balled out, and that was at the QB position. Just sayin if the coach's were to decide it was worth the risk then I support it, if not then no biggie.

I'm not sure if he ever firmly believed it, it was a rumor around 247 that he brought up to me knowing that I'm a TN fan. But I haven't talked to him this weekend regardless

Thanks for the response. We'll see this upcoming week if the buzz around 247 is right or wrong.

Hurd will take a lot of shots with his height and upright style--an easy target. I'm a skeptic--He is WAY tall for a RB. Hope I'm wrong and he's great.

Hurd will take a lot of shots with his height and upright style--an easy target. I'm a skeptic--He is WAY tall for a RB. Hope I'm wrong and he's great.

Do we need to list all the tall RBs in CFB history? I mean let the kid have a shot at it first before you say what he will or won't do. There's been a ton of successful rb's that aren't prototypical size. Either way, he will play RB. That was a big part of him coming to UT.

Reactions: 2 people
He's not upright when going through the hole...and that's a fallacious assumption people always make about tall RB's. Just as height can give a QB better vision (over the OL/DL), I personally think it can be an asset for a RB. If you are 5'8" you may not see all the pursuit behind your OL.

Nevertheless, I hope we do end up getting Dyer. It can only help. Now, if we had managed to pull Derrick Green or Derrick Henry in this past class, then I might think differently, but isn't that 2 classes in a row where we have struck out at RB? We did not sign any RB of note in 2012, and none in 2013. I'd say the need is rather....well...Dyer. :)

Chill out bro I was just making a statement. If CBJ allows him to come play for UT then I would 100% support it. Dyer has a ring and has done more in that one season at AU and is more talented than any RB we have right now. How long did Michael Vick go without playing and that first year he came back he balled out, and that was at the QB position. Just sayin if the coach's were to decide it was worth the risk then I support it, if not then no biggie.

The statement best RB on the team is what got under my skin....Sounds Doolyish....under the bus.

You are still convinced Dyer is better and more talented than any RB we have right now based on past and not present.

You compare Vick to Dyer, NFL to CFL. Not buying it. Pretty far fetched comparison. Pro to College, 33 year old to 22 year old.

He played two seasons at AU. Before he played any at Arkansas State he was dismissed for the same thing. It is a question of Character. He made a choice.

If he is that great why hasn't Auburn picked him back up or better yet Arkansas. He approached Arkansas and they said no thanks.

Does he come in as an anointed starter from day 1? According to you yes...He is more gifted than the RBs that we signed....Really....Does he come here to be A VFL or does he just use us as a stepping off point to the NFL.

What happens if he doesn't cut it here because one of our less talented backs performs better than you expect.

The other thing brought on by the NCAA is APR. Ours is 924. I am not sure when the NCAA is going to start enforcing this but it will be soon. Right now we are below the standard.... a one and done will lower it more...Is Dyer a one and done...Is he really worth the risk...CBJ will make that assessment thank God.

We all know it is easier to get out of shape than it is to get back into it. What has he done the last two years to maintain his level of performance...

Yea I do need to chill out bro....but don't state that he is the best talented running back on this team. The previous coaching staff and team dynamics maybe a reason that Our Current RBs have not flourished the way we expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The statement best RB on the team is what got under my skin....Sounds Doolyish....under the bus.

You are still convinced Dyer is better and more talented than any RB we have right now based on past and not present.

You compare Vick to Dyer, NFL to CFL. Not buying it. Pretty far fetched comparison. Pro to College, 33 year old to 22 year old.

He played two seasons at AU. Before he played any at Arkansas State he was dismissed for the same thing. It is a question of Character. He made a choice.

If he is that great why hasn't Auburn picked him back up or better yet Arkansas. He approached Arkansas and they said no thanks.

Does he come in as an anointed starter from day 1? According to you yes...He is more gifted than the RBs that we signed....Really....Does he come here to be A VFL or does he just use us as a stepping off point to the NFL.

What happens if he doesn't cut it here because one of our less talented backs performs better than you expect.

The other thing brought on NCAA is APR. Ours is 924. I am not sure when the NCAA is going to start enforcing this but it will be soon. Right now we are below the standard.... a one and done will lower it more...Is Dyer a one and done...Is he really worth the risk...CBJ will make that assessment thank God.

We all know it is easier to get out of shape than it is to get back into it. What has he done the last two years to maintain his level of performance...

Yea I do need to chill out bro....but don't state that he is the best talented running back on this team. The previous coaching staff and team dynamics maybe a reason that Our Current RBs have not flourished the way we expected.

Uhm OK. This makes zero sense but OK. If you can tell me Dyer hasnt proved more than Lane or Neal the I cant go any further with this. Him going back to AU would be like Crowell going back to GA or Cam going back to UF. Just sayn.

Do we need to list all the tall RBs in CFB history? I mean let the kid have a shot at it first before you say what he will or won't do. There's been a ton of successful rb's that aren't prototypical size. Either way, he will play RB. That was a big part of him coming to UT.

Brandon Jacobs is 6'4, 260lbs and Eddie George was 6'3 240lbs...and they said Magic Johnson at 6'8 would never make it as a point guard in the NBA.

Hurd will be just fine, and we'll love having him in Orange...GoVols!!!

Uhm OK. This makes zero sense but OK. If you can tell me Dyer hasnt proved more than Lane or Neal the I cant go any further with this. Him going back to AU would be like Crowell going back to GA or Cam going back to UF. Just sayn.

The problem is I gave you to much credit for having common sense....

Dyer is two years removed from the College game and he has zero clout. Except for his two years at Auburn which was 4 and 3 years ago.

If a handgun and weed are the issues that got you kicked off a NC SEC team...Why not get rid of the gun and weed so that you want go through this experience again. It is the very reason he got Kicked off the Arky State team...So we are suppose to be his savior. Nah.

Malazhan should take him back at Auburn don't you think. Even Malazhan knows better. Did not LSU close the door also...

I feel for him.

While your history is correct, there's no way Hurd plays anything other than RB in this offense. Man is a beast.

Like I said if we don't have any body else he probably will play RB. I live only 2 miles from Beech HS were he plays, and a lot of people around him say he may change positions. Most of the other schools recruiting him are doing so for other spots. after seeing him play the last three years, he will be great at any position he plays.

I couldn't care less about the PR bs.. Getting dyer would be a season changer if used correctly in the offense.
Exactly. We didn't sign a RB of note in the 2012 class, and we completely struck out in this last class. So, as the saying goes..."beggars can't be choosy." It's highly unlikely he will screw this up...it's the last chance hotel for him. He is either better than what we have or he is much needed depth. Don't see how we could lose. If he gets into trouble again, he's gone and it's his loss.

VN Store

Back