Michael Dyer - now Louisville bound (merged)

What's your opinion of the possibility that Dyer is a Vol?

• Total voters
I agree....but that has nothing to do with Dyer. Neal is on the team Dyer is not.

Dyer will end up at Louisville....and not a SEC school I have the feeling....

nothing you just posted has anything to do with anything. The whole premise is about the possibility of Dyer for whatever reason choosing Tennessee over UofL.

Isn't this the same OP who said in the Dillon Bates thread that he heard from someone that Bates wasn't going to choose Tennessee?

nothing you just posted has anything to do with anything. The whole premise is about the possibility of Dyer for whatever reason choosing Tennessee over UofL.

If Dyer Chooses Tennessee over Louisville....he will more than likely not be accepted for admission by the administration.

I will support Coach Jones.

However if Dyer is accepted it will be for the very reason that Lee was not accepted. The result, we will have a controversy.

Reality is its not about his past or his YAC. It is about academic standards imposed by the administration... Since CBJ is about standards I don't see him winning this battle with the adminstration.

Last edited:
Lol kid has one good season with a natl championship OL/QB, and he's all of a sudden a one and gone to the nfl? He hasn't played football in 2 years and has been kicked off two teams. No way he's going to be at championship level physically or mentally.

Someone mentioned earlier that our APR cannot afford the hit a non graduate would cost us.

Of course it would be great to keep him 2 years, and he'd probably draft a lot higher if he stayed. No one has a crystal ball, but cash is king these days. If he averages 6.0 ypc on 15 carries a game over 13 games, which is possible even if he has to play himself into shape, he's a 1st rounder next April (assuming he behaves).

Someone who works @ UT in admissions iirc.

I doubt he works in admissions. He knows more than you would think an admissions person would. He was very informative and involved when the Jumbotron was going up and also he seems to know alot about the uniforms. I would bet he works in the AD in some way, either way, I appreciate the info he brings. Great poster

You are the one that talks about the what ifs. Would rather use the scholarship or roster spot for someone else.....but your and mine opinion means nothing...totally meaningless...because he will not make it through admissions and if he could we would not be having this conversation because Jabo Lee would be here and Dyer would be just as it is now a long winded opinionated meaningless discussion.

Deerpark is probably the most reputable person on VN, I believe him.

I would like Dyer, but its understandable.

I prob trust his word more than any other "insider" that's been on VN, but it's not impossible for him to be wrong.. Could just be his opinion, bc I highly doubt he's involved in the decision.

He hasn't played football in 2 years and has been kicked off two teams. No way he's going to be at championship level physically or mentally.

So, are you saying that he somehow wouldn't fit in? I guess you are saying that the rest of our players will be playing at a "championship level" this year? What, pray tell, do you mean by that?

You are the one that talks about the what ifs. Would rather use the scholarship or roster spot for someone else.....but your and mine opinion means nothing...totally meaningless...because he will not make it through admissions and if he could we would not be having this conversation because Jabo Lee would be here and Dyer would be just as it is now a long winded opinionated meaningless discussion.

The whole thread is a what if thread there bud. I have only talked about on field ability. I haven't brought admissions requirements or anything into the question. Thanks for playing though and thanks for changing your attack angle each time you got shot down. It's a fun game. And you argue like a toddler.

yeah, that last shot was just an attempt to see what you were going for by calling me a girl. It didn't do anything for me. Guess it made you feel good though to tell me I discuss like a girl, so props to ya.

Deerpark is probably the most reputable person on VN, I believe him.

I would like Dyer, but its understandable.

Agreed. Typically when LWS or DeerPark talk, you should listen.

I would love Dyer. Would give us a good bridge between this year and next when Hurd and Paulk gets here.

He's a great back. And yeah he's messed up. But we all have. I appreciate the fact he hasn't given up on making it.

Reactions: 1 person
Was just informed by a lifelong friend of mine who works at 247 that Dyer has chosen and been granted a transfer to UT. I'm unsure as to how he came across this information or of its legitimacy. But just figured I'd let y'all know of the rumors round the 247 neighborhood.

If true, what are your thoughts?

Just talked to my friend Jimmy in the Louisville admin department and he just smiled and said "its a good day to be a Louisville fan."

We don't need him....he want make it through UTK admissions....hold the slot or scholarship for younger players....would rather build from ground zero than to put a band aide on it....

Dyer will do well at Louisville I am sure. Don't see us taking him because he will not pass the academic standards for admission that this university requires.

Plus we can't afford a one and done player...our APR cannot take the hit.

Last edited:
Isn't this the same OP who said in the Dillon Bates thread that he heard from someone that Bates wasn't going to choose Tennessee?

Don't know about that. But, I'm pretty sure OP has claimed connections to the Ol Miss program. Now he has 247 connections. Seems to be very well connected for a dude looking to hitch a ride to the O&W game back in the spring.

Whatever Dyer may or may not do, I call BS on OP.

We don't need him....he want make it through UTK admissions....hold the slot or scholarship for younger players....would rather build from ground zero than to put a band aide on it....

Dyer will do well at Louisville I am sure. Don't see us taking him because he will not pass the academic standards for admission that this university requires.

Plus we can't afford a one and done player...our APR cannot take the hit.

The last line is the kicker for me. I think he is/was a great back. I think people can change and deserve a chance if there is credible work that has been put forth toward that change. I think he could help us on the field. But the risk to APR if he is a one and done is something UT can't absorb right now. JMO

Dyer will not be in Knoxville Butch Jones will not allow this cancer to hit the lockerroom. BUT if anyone can get him straightened out Louisville with Pat Moorer will.

Don't know about that. But, I'm pretty sure OP has claimed connections to the Ol Miss program. Now he has 247 connections. Seems to be very well connected for a dude looking to hitch a ride to the O&W game back in the spring.

Whatever Dyer may or may not do, I call BS on OP.

I wasn't straight BSing by any means. I derive no enjoyment for "trolling". It was simply a rumor (which is why I put rumor in the thread title and reiterated that point in the original post) that I was let in on and decided to share here with VN. I hope it's entirely false, I don't want Dyer

As far as having connections to Ole Miss, I wouldn't go that far. I graduated from there and am currently studying Finance and Economics in night school at an Ole Miss Outreach campus while working full time during the day. But Hugh is a family friend and I actually ate dinner with his former OL coach last night at my great uncle's BBQ (his wife recently passed unexpectantly and we had a get together to tr and cheer him up). The OL coach, his name is Brian Stewart and is my 2nd uncle, coached with Hugh at Briercrest in Memphis.theyre good friends and Brian believes he'll have a place on a staff with Hugh in a few years.

Apparently, Hugh was the 1st person that Auburn called in regards to their coaching gig. Also, they tried hard to get Drae Bowles to transfer to OM but bviously he ultimately did not. Brian also to a chance to meet CBJ at a seminar in murphreesboro recently and said he was highly impressed with his professionalism and that he was also one of the friendliest people you will meet.

One more thing, Tennessee is apparently a coaching job that Hugh has had interest in for quite some time, behind only OM which was of course his "dream job". He's a big Rebel fan and was raised as such.

VN Store

Back