Memphis Players

Cletus, do you want University of Tennessee not recruit Memphis? Alabama comes here, Ole Miss, Arkansas, LSU, Miss St., Kentucky almost all the SEC recruits here. Just asking a quiestion

No...if they are quality players and quality kids I want them wearing Orange...period...but name me 1 outstanding player from what was the old Memphis City Schools that is currently making any kind of major contribution to any school' football program in the country right now.

No...if they are quality players and quality kids I want them wearing Orange...period...but name me 1 outstanding player from what was the old Memphis City Schools that is currently making any kind of major contribution to any school' football program in the country right now.

Can't think of one right now.. But got 3-4 kids I can think of that will be making some noise in the future.. Frank Herron LSU, Javon Robinson Auburn best RB in juco last year set many records, Drew Richmond of course..the kid out of White Station that signed with Oregon this year. That's just a few I remember off the top of my head..

Can't think of one right now.. But got 3-4 kids I can think of that will be making some noise in the future.. Frank Herron LSU, Javon Robinson Auburn best RB in juco last year set many records, Drew Richmond of course..the kid out of White Station that signed with Oregon this year. That's just a few I remember off the top of my head..

Dillion Mitchell is the WR at white station he just committed to Oregon and is in next years class..

Memphis like many other metro areas across the country has it's problems. Unfortunately some folks like to emphasize the negatives and look past the many positives.
When I think of Memphis, Beale Street, Memphis In May,Vergos' Rendezvous Lounge, and the Peabody Ducks come to mind. The Bluff City is also avery important river port. Be proud your a Memphian and a Tennessean. It's great to be a Tennessee Volunteer! :thumbsup:

We have Dollywood. Deal with it.

And he was a heck of a RB.:rock:

JJ is my favorite Vol of all time but that was 30 years ago. I see no need to make Memphis a recruiting priority. Much more fertile grounds closer to Knoxville then Memphis is. We have seen far more busts from Memphis area then contributors.

JJ is my favorite Vol of all time but that was 30 years ago. I see no need to make Memphis a recruiting priority. Much more fertile grounds closer to Knoxville then Memphis is. We have seen far more busts from Memphis area then contributors.

More busts from the state of Tennessee than contributors is what you meant to say.. Name some in state contributors I believe you're just in full hate mode for Memphis.. Where has the state of Tennessee all vol been at?

Memphis might be as far from UTK as any in state, major city is from campus in the SEC. The only comparable distance I can think of is Gainesville to Miami.

In my time following Vol football these are the only ones I remember making any kind of serious contribution. If there are more list them.

Brian Ingram
Carlton Peeples
Cedrick Wilson
Jeff Moore
Vince Moore
Eric Still-Germantown

I know I will leave a lot out but most of these guys ended up in the league:

Reggie Ingram
Patrick Lenoir
Tori Noel
Andre Lott
Mark Studaway

Reactions: 1 person
More busts from the state of Tennessee than contributors is what you meant to say.. Name some in state contributors I believe you're just in full hate mode for Memphis.. Where has the state of Tennessee all vol been at?

Last 15 years busts or non contributors from Memphis area: Elix Ellis. Todd Cox, Malcolm Rawls, Jeff Cottam, Brad Cottam, Chris Walker, Greg King, Cam Clear, Tino Thomas, Jason carr, Reuben Mayes, David Ligon, LaRon Harris, Antonio Gaines.

Contributors: Big Dan Williams

Maybe I'm missing someone?

I know I will leave a lot out but most of these guys ended up in the league:

Reggie Ingram
Patrick Lenoir
Tori Noel
Andre Lott
Mark Studaway

How far back we going? I can find a bunch of Knoxville guys that have made it to the league if we go back far enough.

Last 15 years busts or non contributors from Memphis area: Elix Ellis. Todd Cox, Malcolm Rawls, Jeff Cottam, Brad Cottam, Chris Walker, Greg King, Cam Clear, Tino Thomas, Jason carr, Reuben Mayes, David Ligon, LaRon Harris, Antonio Gaines.

Contributors: Big Dan Williams

Maybe I'm missing someone?
Probably.. But really who cares Tennessee is gonna always recruit Memphis and no matter what we message board pundits think Memphis is a big recruiting area for the SEC and UT..

VN Store

Back