McRae's NBA Debut

I was supporting your stance. Simply establishing that part of the reason he got so many minutes and had the ability to do what he did the first game was because the team was getting blown out. The later games, where the other person was commenting on his time dropping substantially, featured close ball games.

It's not entirely because they saw his limitations that his minutes dropped. It's also because the situation didn't warrant him entering the game.

Normally, guys that are brought up/signed on 10 day contracts they are given ample playing time to show what they can do. It doesn't matter the opponent in most cases in these 10 day situations.

They're signed to see what they can do period. No matter the situation or opponent. Take for example, C.J. Watson & his 1st 10 day contract back with the Warriors a few years ago. They played him every single game & played him considerable minutes.

That got him another 10 day contract & further a contract extension for 3 years at that time for the Warriors. A player can't show if he isn't going to be given the time to play. Glad to see he got another 10 day contract though but I wished it was with another team.

Ah that's probably why then. On PS4 it looks like JMac a lot but the AI doesn't really move and shoot like he does.

I just got 2k16 for my 360, I'll check it out when I get a chance. Are the rosters supposed to update automatically? I've only played Career since I've had the game lol.

I just got 2k16 for my 360, I'll check it out when I get a chance. Are the rosters supposed to update automatically? I've only played Career since I've had the game lol.

I haven't owned a 360 in a while and can't remember but if you have xbox live I think they'll upgrade automatically? Not 100% sure though.

I was supporting your stance. Simply establishing that part of the reason he got so many minutes and had the ability to do what he did the first game was because the team was getting blown out. The later games, where the other person was commenting on his time dropping substantially, featured close ball games.

It's not entirely because they saw his limitations that his minutes dropped. It's also because the situation didn't warrant him entering the game.

Yes, I know.

His 1st game/day back on his 2nd 10 day contract they didn't exactly give him a bunch of minutes to burn it up. 3 dang minutes Suns? That's ridiculous! I bet Jordan hopes he can get with another team to be given a better chance than this.

His 1st game/day back on his 2nd 10 day contract they didn't exactly give him a bunch of minutes to burn it up. 3 dang minutes Suns? That's ridiculous! I bet Jordan hopes he can get with another team to be given a better chance than this.

They gave him a 2nd one, so they obviously didn't find anything wrong with him during the 1st. I wouldn't be shocked to see another team offer a contract soon. He's been good.

I haven't owned a 360 in a while and can't remember but if you have xbox live I think they'll upgrade automatically? Not 100% sure though.

He was not on the roster when I checked last night. But it also had Bledsoe and Knight starting, which isn't right IRL right now.

Normally, guys that are brought up/signed on 10 day contracts they are given ample playing time to show what they can do. It doesn't matter the opponent in most cases in these 10 day situations.

They're signed to see what they can do period. No matter the situation or opponent. Take for example, C.J. Watson & his 1st 10 day contract back with the Warriors a few years ago. They played him every single game & played him considerable minutes.

That got him another 10 day contract & further a contract extension for 3 years at that time for the Warriors. A player can't show if he isn't going to be given the time to play. Glad to see he got another 10 day contract though but I wished it was with another team.

I think he's only on the 2nd 10-day because they would have open spots on the bench if they didn't. They had a helluva lot of injuries and brought him up because of them.

I think he's only on the 2nd 10-day because they would have open spots on the bench if they didn't. They had a helluva lot of injuries and brought him up because of them.

I know that's why they brought McRae up. Then why the heck aren't they letting him have a chance to play? They do have multiple injuries. I know that & this should allow him to get way more minutes than they're giving him. Something isn't right here.

Well, they can't sing him to another 10 day contract after this one. They have to sign him for the rest of the season or let him go. I hope he ends up somewhere else because he's not been given a fair chance yet in Phoenix.

4 Suns players were out for the last game. The only SG that played other than McRae was Sonny Weems. McRae deserves more than this guys. You don't get many opportunities like this for the NBA & you guys all know that. I sure hope things change & they do give him more minutes in the rest of his games on this 2nd 10 day contract.

The game against OKC? Well technically Booker/Goodwin are both SG's. Weems has been surprisingly decent so that's why he is playing. But the bottom line is that Phoenix sucks. They might not be focused on a young player who is on 10 day contracts. They are trying to develop its draft picks and get its injured players back. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked to see another team swoop in and express interest.

I also think they don't care about winning fwiw. They are in full meltdown tanking mode right now.

Reactions: 2 people
The game against OKC? Well technically Booker/Goodwin are both SG's. Weems has been surprisingly decent so that's why he is playing. But the bottom line is that Phoenix sucks. They might not be focused on a young player who is on 10 day contracts. They are trying to develop its draft picks and get its injured players back. Like I said, I wouldn't be shocked to see another team swoop in and express interest.

I also think they don't care about winning fwiw. They are in full meltdown tanking mode right now.

I think your view might be closest to the right thing I've seen posted about this situation with McRae. He needs a chance with a different team. That's what I definitely think. That chance may not come though until the start of camp next season.

McRae didn't even get into the game tonight. What was bad for him just got worse. To add to this questionable coaching from the Suns not making since, Sonny Weens played the night before & played 18 minutes & played well. Well, tonight he didn't see the floor either! Good grief! Suns need a complete overhaul with the coaching there.

McRae needs to be given a chance with another team. I've said this over & over. I know there's at least 1 other team that could use his services the rest of the season. Once this 10 day contract is over let's hope some other team jumps all over it & signs him for the rest of the season.

If this doesn't happen this season, I'm willing to make a little bet that come camp next season McRae will be playing for some NBA team. He's good enough to be on an NBA roster. Given the right team he can also contribute. It's obviously not the Suns! They haven't given him half the chance! :ermm:

Wow. He's going to be able to compete on a championship contending team now. That's weird. I bet he barely sees the floor for the Cavs but at least he's still on a NBA roster.

Reactions: 1 person
I guess Cavs missed on Joe Johnson so they settled on Jordan

So probably Johnson to the Heat where will steal Josh's minutes.

With Tyler Johnson and Udrih hurt, Richardson was in line to really pickup good minutes too.

Jordan's gain is Josh's loss

I guess Cavs missed on Joe Johnson so they settled on Jordan

So probably Johnson to the Heat where will steal Josh's minutes.

With Tyler Johnson and Udrih hurt, Richardson was in line to really pickup good minutes too.

Jordan's gain is Josh's loss

Yes, too bad for Josh. But I wonder if Josh still gets a good number of PG minutes. Joe Johnson can't play the point.

VN Store

Back