McDonald's All American Game

The soccer and rowing teams have never been the lady vols and why would they want to be saddled with a 1950s name now? I don't think volleyball has been lady vols either. The sooner the diehard women's basketball fans stop obsessing with the past, the better. Then maybe the program can crawl out of the ditch and be relevant again.
Just to play devil's advocate again.
Aren't you a diehard women's basketball fan? Obsessed with the past? You have been one of the most vocal and repetitive posters advocating the firing of Holly. You recite our failures of the last x number of years. You are unhappy mainly because of what the Lady Vols accomplished in the PAST. The last 5 years don't live up to the PAST but if we had sucked for 30 years the last 5 years wouldn't be so bad, would they? :unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
I'm watching, but I'm not getting the hype of Meagan Walker at all.

I'm getting no hype on any of them, except maybe Patterson for *Texas*

Westbrook looks smooth and KK looks like she'll help on the boards, but this brick city so far.

Last edited:
I'm getting no hype on any of them, except maybe Patterson for TAMU.

Westbrook looks smooth and KK looks like she'll help on the boards, but this brick city so far.

Got to be one of the ugliest starts to a MCDAA game I have ever seen

I'm getting no hype on any of them, except maybe Patterson for *Texas*

Agree.typically these games stink the joint up but this one is even worse so far

I really don't see a superstar in this class.

I hope this tempers expectations that any of these players will be able to step in and replace Diamond on Day 1 should she leave.

They will certainly help, but will need time to get used to the leap in competition.

Megan Williams hasn't come close on her perimeter jumpers.

I can see why people are talking about Westbrook as a PG. She has nice floor vision.

Wow I'm impressed so far with Miss Westbrook!!!
Haha crazy how the #1 & #2 players are guarding each other.

That Walker kid shots are not even touching the rim!

I'm impressed with all the lady vols players. Hayes ability to get to the rim and speed will be a problem for teams, KK is strong with back to the basket playing ability, Westbrook is a smoove & a great play maker & Davis is smoove but she hasn't got many touches yet.

These announcers are talking about everything other than the game being played that they are announcing.....frustrating to me.

Hopefully your just talking about this game only. Chasity Patterson is killing it she's first in double figures...

She's taken more shots than carter. But watch carter when she gets the ball, she score & handle the ball with ease.

I've seen better pickup games at the local park. good lord almighty, this is the best players in the US? :(

What I take from the UT commits is that they are very unselfish and team players. Davis and KK have been open on several occasions and they haven't gotten the ball. Walker and Boothe seem to be set on trying to be the MVP because they aren't passing the ball at all when they get it, Davis seems to be playing a lot of 4 while she is in and Hayes is seeing a lot at the 1 where neither of them figure to play much at next season

Westbrook has great court vision. Hayes looks fast. KK looks to be very physical, while Davis hasn't had many opportunities so far.

VN Store

Back