McDonald's All American Game

Just watched the game. That has got to be one of the worst produced and announced things I've ever been subjected to. And to top it off, they started half way through the first quarter, and then ran over and we did get the last 31.4 seconds or the OT.

But the announcers! Who were those idiots? I couldn't believe anyone could be that bad, and the programmers found 2 of them!

Personally I was pleased with our four. Looked good.

I said something similar in an earlier post in this thread.The announcers almost refused to say anything about what was happening on the court .I got more info from the hearing the arena Public announcer ( When the TV crew were not blabbering ) and I could hear him than the TV announcers.....it was exasperating to me .

Reactions: 1 person
I said something similar in an earlier post in this thread.The announcers almost refused to say anything about what was happening on the court .I got more info from the hearing the arena Public announcer ( When the TV crew were not blabbering ) and I could hear him than the TV announcers.....it was exasperating to me .

I gave you a like for the sheer accuracy of your post:)!

gule said:
could have "taken".....

T_V, our beloved grammar Nazi :crazy: strikes again!

gule, you only did a partial job. Did your pen run out of red ink?:p

Last edited:
I don't think Holly and the coaching staff could have recruited any better. These ladies appear to be ready to contribute early. It also might make the starters play better because next year there will be more competition. No matter how bad our starters played last year they were guaranteed a lot of playing time. You add Green and Cooper to the mix, Holly has more of a realistic chance of promoting better productive play through the ability to substitute talent for talent. THolly and the coaching staff have a very good situation.

I think Rennia Davis has a big ceiling to be a great player. Especially with her height/length ability to score and shoot. I think she's the Diamond in the rough outta group.

My fav as of now is Miss Westbrook! She seems like a very high IQ player.

I think Rennia Davis has a big ceiling to be a great player. Especially with her height/length ability to score and shoot. I think she's the Diamond in the rough outta group.

My fav as of now is Miss Westbrook! She seems like a very high IQ player.

Yes, I also like the idea that KK will be able to be slowly into the lineup. Davis dominated in HS, but will see what she can do with better defense on her, but she has a sweet shot.

Annie and Westbrook will see immediate action.

Faced with the mountain of work it would take to correct all that was in that one post, I've learned to pace myself in my old age, Honeychild! lol

Reactions: 2 people

SV - I love it! I am the Grammar Nazi at my house...

Every time I see gule correct someone's grammar on here I crack up! He cracks me up in general! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I didn't get to see the McD game but I've seen the highlight vids of KK, Westbrook and Davis on youtube. I don't doubt they will all be excellent players and help right away. But - just to be a stick in the mud - I noticed a different thing about each that I wasn't crazy about. Twice in her 1 minute vid Westbrook goes in for a layup using 1 hand - never using her off hand to secure the ball between dribble and shot. Like an NBA type dribble and scoop. Once left handed and once right handed. To her credit she makes both (maybe we need to teach our current players to shoot layups that way:)) but I would rather see her use both hands every time. The thing about KK is-even though she is listed as 6'-4" she looks to play about 5'-10". She shoots a lot of her layups from her waist (in fact she gets one stripped in her highlight vid) and has a vertical leap of about 6 inches. And lastly, Davis looks a little lazy to me in her vid. She trots up and down the court -and once she doesn't make it past half court on defense , hanging back for a baseball pass. She is also content to settle for a 3 most of the time. Of course it's a highlight vid and she makes them all :good!:. I have no problem with making lots of 3s, and I'm aware it's unfair of me to nitpick based on 60 seconds of vid.I'm sure all these girls will be awesome-but they will all have things to work on - and I hope people aren't expecting the Avengers. After all, we don't exactly have Nick Fury to lead them......

Westbrook is listed as 6ft
Davis is listed as 6'2
KK listed as 6'4

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170331-170557.jpg
    Screenshot_20170331-170557.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Yes, I also like the idea that KK will be able to be slowly into the lineup. Davis dominated in HS, but will see what she can do with better defense on her, but she has a sweet shot.

Annie and Westbrook will see immediate action.

Davis will see the immediate action, bank on it. Should have been rated higher like in the top three. View her on YouTube, the girl is
A BALLER.

Freshman point guard Tyasha Harris has guided South Carolina to this year's Final Four. You can watch her Friday.
They have grey and the other guard whos name i cant spell who started most of the season. I will try Cuervos...i believe averages more minutes and has started more games

Hayes looks about Morgan William's size... and scoots like her, too. Looking forward to seeing all four ladies in orange.

They have grey and the other guard whos name i cant spell who started most of the season. I will try Cuervos...i believe averages more minutes and has started more games

Harris has started every game since before SEC play started. She is the starting PG, Grey is the starting SG. Cuevas Moore has only been starting since Coates was injured.

Harris IS their PG.

SV - I love it! I am the Grammar Nazi at my house...

Every time I see gule correct someone's grammar on here I crack up! He cracks me up in general! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

I know. I literally sit in church with a red pen and edit the bulletin. When I read some posts, it's :eek:hmy:. Of course typos, voice to text, etc. are a lot of it.....but I notice. I just can't help it. So when gule slides in with his comments, I must admit, in your words, "He cracks me up in general!".

Help definitely is on the way. This is a solid class, top to bottom. Cooper will be challenged from day one by Hayes and Westbrook. The thought of having DeShields and Westbrook on the court at the same time is exciting. Both have vision, explosion and the "it" factor. Westbrook will be able to get the ball to Mercedes consistently, something neither Reynolds or Middleton could do.

Future looks bright.

VN Store

Back