Mass Effect: Andromeda

Can you check to see how much time you've got left in the trail? I'm curious to see if me pausing the game to watch an hour or so of basketball messed up my time or not

I'm on PC and I just hit Shift+F1.

Welp, there's only about 5 hours of stuff to do in singe player. Time to hit MP.

It currently has a Metacritic average of 75-78%

Here are some of the bigger review outlets that have posted their reviews.

Game Informer - 8

"When taken as its own journey (and not in comparison to Shepard’s saga), Mass Effect: "Andromeda is fun, and the important parts work. The narrative isn’t astounding, but keeps you invested and drives you forward. The combat is entertaining whether you're in single-player or multiplayer. The crew isn't my favorite, but I like them and they have some good moments. Even with its other problems, these are the largest forces shaping your experience with Mass Effect: Andromeda, and they make it worth playing. At the same time, I was often left looking through a haze of inconveniences and dreaming about the game it could have been."

IGN - 7.7

"Mass Effect: Andromeda is an expansive action role-playing game with a few great moments that recapture the high points of the landmark trilogy that came before it, and energetic combat and fantastic sound effects create a potent sci-fi atmosphere. But without consistently strong writing or a breakout star in its cast to carry it through the long hours and empty spaces, disappointments like a lack of new races, no companion customization, and major performance problems and bugs take their toll."

GameSpot - 6

"The game can't escape its shortcomings, but patient explorers can still find a few stars shining in the darkness."

PC Games - 7.8

"It is a really bumpy start for a new era in the Mass Effect series. Almost as if the developers wanted to create something reminiscent of the tough challenges the milky way species face in their new home. But in the end there is just the perception, that bigger is not always better."

Polygon - 7.5

"I’m conflicted about Mass Effect: Andromeda. There’s a lot of roughness throughout the game, and the technical issues, while not game-breaking, are often incredibly distracting...But it’s my time with the cast that I’m still thinking about, and the mysteries about the world that haven’t been answered that make me feel like I’m waiting once again for a new Mass Effect game. And if I’m judging a game by where it leaves me, Andromeda succeeds, even if it stumbled getting there."

Destructoid - 6.5

"Mass Effect: Andromeda spends a lot of time not really feeling like a Mass Effect game. If anything, it feels like a spin-off -- the sort of thing created by another studio that's unsure about what direction to take it. Like in the game itself, there are problems with the atmosphere."

As a standalone title, knowing Bioware will patch the bugs, this game is easily 8.5/10. People are princesses. I really enjoy playing it and cannot wait to progress tonight.

agreed. the facial animations arent game breakers. the only reason people really notice them is because of how good the rest of it is. I seriously spent 5 minutes looking at the black hole in that one system.

some of the complaints are just dumb. "I didn't feel like it was a full game with the ten hours I got to play." no ish sherlock.

agreed. the facial animations arent game breakers. the only reason people really notice them is because of how good the rest of it is. I seriously spent 5 minutes looking at the black hole in that one system.

some of the complaints are just dumb. "I didn't feel like it was a full game with the ten hours I got to play." no ish sherlock.

Me too. Lol.

That remnant bunker was fun as hell.

The combat in this game is an absolute blast. The jetpack makes it ridiculously fun. However, I am very disappointed with the wildlife. It is literally the same three species on the 3 planets I've been on.

Last edited:
Also, sniping is worth it again. Hasn't been since ME1, imo. In the previous two, you were almost always sniping from a 50m distance, which is silly.

Also, sniping is worth it again. Hasn't been since ME1, imo. In the previous two, you were almost always sniping from a 50m distance, which is silly.

dont you dare besmirch the black widow. nothing like blasting someone at point blank range with that sucker.

Me too. Lol.

That remnant bunker was fun as hell.

The combat in this game is an absolute blast. The jetpack makes it ridiculously fun. However, I am very disappointed with the wildlife. It is literally the same three species on the 3 planets I've been on.

i like that combat isn't easy. its definitely not "hard" but it is a nice challenge. I cant just snooze through these.

and my biggest get out of trouble move is to get vertical. huge expansion of options with that in mind. it will take a while to get used to that option.

i like that combat isn't easy. its definitely not "hard" but it is a nice challenge. I cant just snooze through these.

and my biggest get out of trouble move is to get vertical. huge expansion of options with that in mind. it will take a while to get used to that option.

Not mention the melee meteor strike is retarded fun.

I have also gotten into airborne biotic charges. with the multiple cool downs there are so many ways to take advantage of that stuff. and its great being able to charge airborne enemies too.

I have also gotten into airborne biotic charges. with the multiple cool downs there are so many ways to take advantage of that stuff. and its great being able to charge airborne enemies too.

Oh god. I know how I'm spending my next 6 skill points.

Oh god. I know how I'm spending my next 6 skill points.

vanguard was always my go to, so I am happy to be able to shockwave someone out of cover, hit them with a charge and then maybe have to shoot them. I have incinerate as my third ability, I haven't even used it. honestly I don't even know what button it is mapped to.

vanguard was always my go to, so I am happy to be able to shockwave someone out of cover, hit them with a charge and then maybe have to shoot them. I have incinerate as my third ability, I haven't even used it. honestly I don't even know what button it is mapped to.

I typically went VG, but wanted to go full combat in this one. Already maxed out concussive shot. It's very satisfying.

6 hours in and in love with it. The facial movements and eye tracking are bad but I don't really notice it that much, certainly not enough to take away from the rest of the game which is beautiful. The moment you get your tempest and nomad, this game gets really good.

New NVidia drivers came out this morning. Focused on ME:A. Upped my fps by 12-16.

For you PC nerds out there.

The main story missions, I think, are much better than previous titles. The devs know how much more freedom you have in combat and the difficulty scales wonderfully.

Level 19.... going to bed.

I am enjoying Voeld a lot. There is a mission that actually feels like you are assaulting a base. constant enemy pressure. progress was slow and challenging but fun. Got a good bit done before the storms knocked out the power. restarted to see where it saved, back to the beginning. called it a night at that point.

and its a small thing but I like how leveling isn't a big deal in this. Most of the time I have some skill points to use which I save until I hit something that makes me think i need to spend them.

I am enjoying Voeld a lot. There is a mission that actually feels like you are assaulting a base. constant enemy pressure. progress was slow and challenging but fun. Got a good bit done before the storms knocked out the power. restarted to see where it saved, back to the beginning. called it a night at that point.

and its a small thing but I like how leveling isn't a big deal in this. Most of the time I have some skill points to use which I save until I hit something that makes me think i need to spend them.

I just discovered the power wheel along with the ability to instantly change ability loadouts. Now diversifying powers seems wprth it.

Voeld was awesome. I called it right after finishing that mission.

Multiplayer is really fun. I didn't play it with ME3, so not sure what is different with ME:A. The mode is just really fun

Really don't get the hate for the game, animations can be wonky and the writing can be a bit off-putting at times, but I'm still having a ton of fun with it about 7-8 hours into it.

VN Store

Back