Mass Effect: Andromeda

It better be free for anyone who spent money on andromeda.

They also better redo the end of 3.

I wouldnt mind some tinkering to 1

Reactions: Jack Burton
I loved the original trilogy. A great story with so many choices and fun characters. Andromeda was a real let down.

I replayed the original trilogy last summer on PC with all DLCs. I think it's the best overall saga/story in all of gaming. And unlike pretty much everyone else, I actually don't hate the ending of 3.

Reactions: Jack Burton
I replayed the original trilogy last summer on PC with all DLCs. I think it's the best overall saga/story in all of gaming. And unlike pretty much everyone else, I actually don't hate the ending of 3.

I thought the ending was great. It was quite the journey and I enjoyed the storytelling.

Reactions: Aesius
The two of you can burn in gamer hell.

100s of hours of "meaningful" choices came down to which color filter you wanted applied at the end. It's like the developers were watching a movie, saw they only had so much film left before the credits and stopped writing.

Worst ending ever.

The two of you can burn in gamer hell.

100s of hours of "meaningful" choices came down to which color filter you wanted applied at the end. It's like the developers were watching a movie, saw they only had so much film left before the credits and stopped writing.

Worst ending ever.

Lol.

How would you have ended it better? And of course the choices were meaningful. Hell, you can finish the trilogy with basically 4 living characters if you play like a jackass, or you can save everyone, including yourself.

I'm not sure why people get so hung up on the ending anyway. As you said, it's 100ish hours of gameplay, almost all of which is top-notch. So you didn't like the ending? Boohoo. Doesn't mean it's not worth playing. How many games or media in general nail their endings anyway? Very few.

Anyway, I thought choosing to destroy the Reapers was a satisfying conclusion, even if it meant sacrificing EDI and Legion. That was your mission from the get go in Mass Effect 1 and you get the chance to fulfill it.

It was fine once they went back and fixed it. Getting the original ending during launch week was a big let down.

Haven't played a single ME game. Thinking about getting the Legendary Edition when it comes out. Is Andromeda supposed to be a part of the story or is it a standalone game?

Lol.

How would you have ended it better? And of course the choices were meaningful. Hell, you can finish the trilogy with basically 4 living characters if you play like a jackass, or you can save everyone, including yourself.

I'm not sure why people get so hung up on the ending anyway. As you said, it's 100ish hours of gameplay, almost all of which is top-notch. So you didn't like the ending? Boohoo. Doesn't mean it's not worth playing. How many games or media in general nail their endings anyway? Very few.

Anyway, I thought choosing to destroy the Reapers was a satisfying conclusion, even if it meant sacrificing EDI and Legion. That was your mission from the get go in Mass Effect 1 and you get the chance to fulfill it.
Oh I still replay them all at least once a year. I just stop once you get to earth.

It wasnt satisfying because the game ends with this assumption of galactic peace. There was more follow up after 1 & 2 than there was 3.

I didnt like that building your fleet beyond the minimum had no impact on the end besides whose ships they showed. The salarians show up no matter what, the krogan show up no matter what. Saving 4 of your crew or everyone had no impact on the final mission.

Haven't played a single ME game. Thinking about getting the Legendary Edition when it comes out. Is Andromeda supposed to be a part of the story or is it a standalone game?
Stand alone. It happens sometime after ME 2 but before 3.

Andromeda itself is a fine game as long as you arent expecting a Mass Effect game. Which if you have never played wont mean anything.

Reactions: zhangliao04

VN Store

Back