Mass Effect: Andromeda

Is anybody going to do the EA access thing where you get to play some of the game early?

I have this sick feeling that it's overhyped.

Me too. While ME3 was fun, the story was lacking compared to ME2. And I may have been the only person in 2014 who was bored to tears by Dragon Age Inquisition. I'm afraid this will be a resource collecting drag with weak characters and a bunch of annoying fetch quests like every other open-world game that has come out recently. While I enjoy games like the Witcher 3 and Fallout, they quickly become chores for me (and I have plenty of time set aside for games). Sometimes a more linear approach to things isn't the worst idea.

Reactions: 1 person
Was a bit worried too, but the latest videos that have put out on the skills and the planets and the Tempest. The no loading screen on the ship will be a welcomed addition IMO.

Is anybody going to do the EA access thing where you get to play some of the game early?

figured I would. the 10 hours is about all I would probably be able to play anyway.

part of me wants to blitz through the 10 hours and try to do as much as possible and start a new play thru at release. but i dont know if I want to spoil things for myself.

Ton of content out from the PAX streams. Game looks amazing to me and I really like how they changed the dialogue choices that you have. The frostbite engine has really changed how this game looks and plays.

I like Mass Effect's co-op multiplayer with humans vs AI. Would like to see more games go that route.

I like Mass Effect's co-op multiplayer with humans vs AI. Would like to see more games go that route.

go back to that route. used to be all you could was PvBots. loved those games. some were actually fun and challenging. once online play picked up bots dropped almost completely.

go back to that route. used to be all you could was PvBots. loved those games. some were actually fun and challenging. once online play picked up bots dropped almost completely.

What era you talking about? Competitive multiplayer has been around since Pong, lol.

What era you talking about? Competitive multiplayer has been around since Pong, lol.

Before multiplayer was the game. Back when you could get the game, never play a minute of multiplayer and it wasn't a waste

played a little this morning before heading to work. created my character (be careful with the eyes) and made it through the first part. facial modeling (talking) is a bit buggy but they have already said there is a day one patch to fix that.

The early access reviews are surprisingly mixed. Way more people saying it is half assed than I was expecting. They're hating on the story and dialogue, character animations, the planet scanning, and MMO-ish side quests. I just hope it isn't Dragon Age Inquisition in space.

The early access reviews are surprisingly mixed. Way more people saying it is half assed than I was expecting. They're hating on the story and dialogue, character animations, the planet scanning, and MMO-ish side quests. I just hope it isn't Dragon Age Inquisition in space.

Yeah it seems like most either like it or really hate it with very few in the middle. I'm taking all the early reviews with a grain of salt though since it's for only 10 hrs of it and I don't know if you can properly judge a game you're going to spend in excess of 40-50 hrs on for the first part where they are laying everything out for the remainder

Yeah it seems like most either like it or really hate it with very few in the middle. I'm taking all the early reviews with a grain of salt though since it's for only 10 hrs of it and I don't know if you can properly judge a game you're going to spend in excess of 40-50 hrs on for the first part where they are laying everything out for the remainder

I hope that's the case, but ever since Drew Karpyshyn left Bioware, it hasn't felt the same. He wrote Knights of the Old Republic and ME 1&2, and Andromeda's lead writer left for Bungie last year. I hope it turns out just as epic as the old stuff, but I will have to wait and see with it I guess.

I hope that's the case, but ever since Drew Karpyshyn left Bioware, it hasn't felt the same. He wrote Knights of the Old Republic and ME 1&2, and Andromeda's lead writer left for Bungie last year. I hope it turns out just as epic as the old stuff, but I will have to wait and see with it I guess.

Yeah I'm with all that and some of the animations I've seen look pretty bad. I just don't get hyped for games unless it's being made by rockstar and I know even if it's so-so I'll still get my money's worth out of it so maybe that's why I feel like I do

only animation issue I have seen are the faces.

Game seems like it will be fun. first 10 hours are just a tease. storyline isn't much because they are only hinting at stuff right now. this is going to be like ME1 where it takes a while to really figure out what is going on.

I played for a couple hours today and to me besides the faces thing it's not nearly as bad as people were making it out to be

Planet scanning seems dumb, and the dialogue is very bland but the combat/open world feel is totally worth it.

No animation issues here. Running on a NVidia 965m on high. I have a few FPS issues but I imagine drivers and patches will optimize it soon enough.

Also, maybe I'm an idiot or maybe it's a really terrible bug, but I started using a kett assault rifle and, while the charged burst fire was badass, I can't replenish ammo at all. I tend to run with 1 gun and all power so I'm kind of limping through Eos until I find a forward loadout. The supply container things do nothing when I approach them. Seemed to work fine with the other guns.

Other than that, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Will be purchasing on Monday.

7.5 hours remaining. Sunday off.

I haven't spent an entire day playing a video game since I was hospitalized for 3 days. This is going to be grand.

7.5 hours remaining. Sunday off.

I haven't spent an entire day playing a video game since I was hospitalized for 3 days. This is going to be grand.

Can you check to see how much time you've got left in the trail? I'm curious to see if me pausing the game to watch an hour or so of basketball messed up my time or not

VN Store

Back