Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC)

I'm trying to figure out why they added two engines onto a C17 in such a way that they're sucking in hot exhaust from the other four.

Also, considering the resources at their disposal, it seems somewhat lame that they used a conventional rocket to launch the 084 into the sun.

The coolest part of the show so far are those two little AI drones.

Supposed to be a secure aircraft and they let on a group of radicals.

I think some of you are nitpicking the show a little much. I thought it was entertaining, so it may have been a little cheesy but so was Avenger's.

Out of all the possible Avenger characters to do a cameo I wasn't expecting to see Nick Fury!

I think some of you are nitpicking the show a little much. I thought it was entertaining, so it may have been a little cheesy but so was Avenger's.

Out of all the possible Avenger characters to do a cameo I wasn't expecting to see Nick Fury!

If it were anybody but Joss Whedon, some of the nitpicky things could be excused. He should know better.

I'll keep watching and see how it goes or at least until it gets cancelled. I don't think they did a great job on casting. Most shows usually only have one nerd, this one has two. Ditch the guy and keep the hot nerd girl.

Really? You least expected the Director of SHIELD on a show called Agents of SHIELD?
Considering that the "Director of SHIELD" is played by Samuel L. Jackson no I wasn't expecting him to show up.

Other than some voice over work on some cartoons, some specials where he appeared as himself and special in 2011 where he portrayed Martin Luther King Jr. He hasn't portrayed a character on TV since an episode of Law & Order in 1990!

Ratings plummeted this week. A dip was expected but it like 36% or something. I haven't had a chance to watch the second episode yet.

L+3 Ratings: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Sees Bigger Playback Gains in Week 2
via press release:

Based on Live + 3 Day data for the 2nd episode of Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., the new ABC drama saw significantly bigger TV playback gains than for its premiere telecast. The show surged 51% to 4.92 Adult 18-49 rating (vs. a 3.26 rating in L+SD), up from a 38% increase for its debut telecast. Additionally, the second episode of the show built 39% in L+3 to deliver 12.07 million Total Viewers (vs. 8.66 million viewers in L+SD), up from a 31% increase for its premiere.

Last edited:
Thought last night was one of the best episodes of the short season so for.

It looks like its ratings are starting to level off it was down a half point from last week but it managed to just barely beat NCIS in the in 18-49 demo! Which was really surprising as NCIS rarely gets beat by another not reality show

tv-ratings-tuesday

Last edited:
Over the Summer this show got amped and hyped like no other TV show has in recent history. Then it finally aired and the pilot fell way below expectations and that set a precedent to many that this show was not going to get any better, but since the pilot show I thought Eps 2 and 3 have been better, but not necessarily great.

Over the Summer this show got amped and hyped like no other TV show has in recent history. Then it finally aired and the pilot fell way below expectations and that set a precedent to many that this show was not going to get any better, but since the pilot show I thought Eps 2 and 3 have been better, but not necessarily great.
Folks should never take a "Pilot" to seriously especially if they hated it.

In the case of SHIELD the pilot was filmed over a week and half span in January to show the ABC brass to see if they would give a yeah or nay if the show would go to series. The 2nd episode wasn't filmed until late July or August.

It will probably be another two or three episodes before the cast/characters hit their stride with chemistry and ease of working together.

'Marvel's Agents of 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Gets Full Season Order

Written By Amanda Kondolojy
October 10th, 2013

ABC has picked up the back-nine episodes of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. to bring the series to a complete 22-episode season.

Here's the official press release:

ABC ANNOUNCES FULL SEASON ORDER FOR “MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.”

ABC has picked up new hit drama “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” for a full season, it was announced today by Paul Lee, president, ABC Entertainment Group.

The series opened as TV’s highest-rated drama debut in nearly 4 years (since 11/03/09) and ranks as the No. 1 new show of the 2013-14 season among Adults 18-49 (4.0 Live + Same Day rating/5.7 Live + 3 Day rating). On average, “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” is No. 1 in its Tuesday, 8 o’clock time period, and has more than doubled the young adult delivery in the hour year-to-year (+150%)............

I find a lot of Pilots to be better than most of their following season's episodes. It's natural though because the best writing and producing goes into the Pilot of a show to suck the audience in.

Folks should never take a "Pilot" to seriously especially if they hated it.

In the case of SHIELD the pilot was filmed over a week and half span in January to show the ABC brass to see if they would give a yeah or nay if the show would go to series. The 2nd episode wasn't filmed until late July or August.

It will probably be another two or three episodes before the cast/characters hit their stride with chemistry and ease of working together.

It has gotten a bit better, but with Marvel & Disney backing this show they're not going to let it fail. But overall there are far better shows on TV this fall even one that NBC cancelled (Ironside)that was better than Shield. IMHO.

the chick who plays Sky is smoking hot

1587723_orig.jpg

Yep!

I also like the girl that plays Jemma Simmons
Elizabeth_Henstridge.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Super soldier with fire powers is named scorch, and the head woman of organization says best of wishes before leaving on elevater before a female lab scientist is left to be talk to scorch then gets killed.
So not only freakin appalling its disingenous.

I think shield can be summed up as the CIA, homeland security, FBI all rolled up into one with damn great technology.

Super soldier with fire powers is named scorch, and the head woman of organization says best of wishes before leaving on elevater before a female lab scientist is left to be talk to scorch then gets killed.
So not only freakin appalling its disingenous.

I think shield can be summed up as the CIA, homeland security, FBI all rolled up into one with damn great technology.

Wasn't the doctor that got toasted the same one from the "Pilot" episode?

I thought it was a pretty good episode the twist at the end with reason that Skye infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. was surprising and not at all what I expected.

VN Store

Back