Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC)

So apparently there are reports that have leaked out that ABC wanted to cancel Agents of SHIELD after the 4th Season ended last Spring.

However the parent company Disney said No!

So that is what led to a 5th season renewal that will air late this year or in early 2018 after Inhumans airs its first season that begins tonight on ABC.

If anyone can take there eyes away from the drama in Knoxville Season 5 of Marvel's Agents of SHIELD begins tonight with a 2-hour episode on ABC!

I watched the season premiere and honestly thought it was pretty good. Being in space gave it a very real SyFy vibe only it was on ABC. I think I really like the Kree storyline and how the humans are numbered underdogs. The graphics were pretty awesome. Seeing the destroyed Earth was crazy.

Reactions: 1 person
I like that they've decided to pretty much let the show have it's own thing instead of trying to time it to tie into whatever movie is coming out. I've liked this season so far. I

I have never gotten into this show, but was researching it last night out of curiosity.

My question: why when you look in the IMDB credits are two different actors listed as Ghost Rider? One’s character name is “Mack Mackenzie/Ghost Rider” and the other is “Robbie Reyes/ Ghost Rider”

Are there two?

I have never gotten into this show, but was researching it last night out of curiosity.

My question: why when you look in the IMDB credits are two different actors listed as Ghost Rider? One’s character name is “Mack Mackenzie/Ghost Rider” and the other is “Robbie Reyes/ Ghost Rider”

Are there two?

Anyone? Anyone at all want to weigh in on this?

Anyone? Anyone at all want to weigh in on this?

Not exactly. There isn't really 2, but I don't know how to REALLY get into it without getting into too many spoilers. You should give the show another shot. It has it's lows, don't get me wrong, but overall it's a good series. Not sure what I think of this season though, it's been a little odd

Are there two?

Mack only becomes GR for a short time in one episode.

In one episode Reyes explains how he became GR and it briefly shows a flash of presumably Johnny Blaze giving him the power, so in the MCU there may be more than one.

Can someone remind me of how Coulson got the black stuff in his veins? Was the from an old GR episode? What exactly was the deal with what he contracted?

Can someone remind me of how Coulson got the black stuff in his veins? Was the from an old GR episode? What exactly was the deal with what he contracted?

He got attacked in the future by an Inhuman that was infected with the black stuff that caused them rage out. One of the Kree infected the guy and Coulson was infected in the fight. I'm not sure why it's so slow with him though.

He got attacked in the future by an Inhuman that was infected with the black stuff that caused them rage out. One of the Kree infected the guy and Coulson was infected in the fight. I'm not sure why it's so slow with him though.

That's what I initially thought as well but then I saw a "previously on Marvels" that tied Coulson's black veins into an old Ghost Rider episode. I think the guy cutting his shirt open in the future was just to reveal what was going on underneath. Coulson is dying from his original wound by Loki when he was originally stabbed through the chest in Avengers.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9TWMfnmmJU[/youtube]

"Whatever alien voodoo was holding me together, Ghost Rider burned through it"

That's what I initially thought as well but then I saw a "previously on Marvels" that tied Coulson's black veins into an old Ghost Rider episode. I think the guy cutting his shirt open in the future was just to reveal what was going on underneath. Coulson is dying from his original wound by Loki when he was originally stabbed through the chest in Avengers.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9TWMfnmmJU[/youtube]

"Whatever alien voodoo was holding me together, Ghost Rider burned through it"

Huh...didn't catch that. I remember they referenced Loki stabbing him a few episodes ago, so maybe that said it and I just missed it.

So I wonder how the shows, specifically this one, will deal with the events of Infinity War, or if they'll just kind of ignore them like they have. Agents referenced things more than the other shows but it's gotten less and less. The Netflix shows just pay lip service to the movies and The Runaways on Hulu did the same.

So I wonder how the shows, specifically this one, will deal with the events of Infinity War, or if they'll just kind of ignore them like they have. Agents referenced things more than the other shows but it's gotten less and less. The Netflix shows just pay lip service to the movies and The Runaways on Hulu did the same.

Well I guess the last episode answers that, since they directly reference the events of the movie.

Also I noticed the name of the last episode this season is "The End". It hasn't been renewed yet so I'm wondering if they filmed it so it can serve as a series finale as well in case it's cancelled.

I thought it was a good finale, and it definitely felt like a series finale so I think when they filmed it they were thinking it was done. It will be interesting to see where they go with it now.

This is probably a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas present to the cast & crew!

"Ahead of its 6th season premier this upcoming summer (currently scheduled for Late July 2019) Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has been renewed by ABC for a 7th Season. (Likly to air in 2020) It is believed to consist of 13 episodes, as with Season 6.

The timing of the early renewal is likely tied to the cast’s option coming up. Along with picking up the actors’ options, ordering Season 7 ahead of time would allow for the two shorter seasons to be filmed back-to-back, which helps to reduces costs.

When S.H.I.E.L.D.’s move to summer was announced in May, ABC Entertainment president Channing Dungey made it clear that Season 6 was not envisioned as a final one.

“I feel the season we just had was creatively the strongest yet,” she said back then. “We don’t plan it as a final season. The show has a loyal passionate base. It does incredibly well in delayed viewing.”
"

Season 6 premiere Friday night.

I'm interested in seeing where they go with the show, considering the can of worms they've opened:

The end of Season 5 lines up with the events of Avengers: Infinity War after they talk about the "crazy stuff in New York" (which is the opening of Infinity War) and they name drop in one of the last episodes that Thanos is headed to Earth. Well now they've stated Season 6 takes place 1 year after the end of Season 5....which means it's 1 year after the Snap. But the showrunners have said they aren't really addressing it. Even if you buy that no AoS member was snapped, there's no way they weren't affected in some way. I mean they had to know someone that was snapped, and they live in a world where 50% of the population is gone. So if they don't address it at all, then I have to think that AoS now takes place in some alternate universe. Or they just say it's not connected anymore and be done with it.

Anyone watching the new season were two episodes in. I'm DVRing it as I haven't got around to watching last season.

The series finale was this past Wednesday. Overall I thought the last season was good but not great. They did try to work it back into the MCU and course correct after Season 6 seemed to split from the MCU but the show has pretty much been it's own thing since about Season 3.

There are rumors of a SWORD show on Disney+ and they may bring back at least Daisy.

VN Store

Back