Marvel's Agents of SHIELD (ABC)

I watched and enjoyed it. I still don't understand the Coulson part. He was a decoy in Avengers or a decoy in this? Either way they are keeping something from him, as they said he could "never know the truth" or something like that.

they jumped the shark when the car was turned into some sort of jet at the end. I'll give it another week but on a short leash

Reactions: 1 person
they jumped the shark when the car was turned into some sort of jet at the end. I'll give it another week but on a short leash

Why, they had the helicarrier in avengers makes since that one of the top S.H.I.E.L.D. agents would have a car that does the same thing!

From the first appearance of SHIELD in Strange Tales #135 (1965)

8980BA42-AC4A-4BC4-8B9D-DCAC79E71969-5457-0000043FF8B1323A_zpsbfc07c5a.jpg

Personally I had a hard time getting into the show. Too campy. I'll keep watching for a few more episodes to see if the characters grow me.

Last edited:
I didn't "love" it, but I didn't hate it either. Coulson is obviously an LMD in the show. And the flying car was a mainstay in Marvel's earlier SHIELD series, so I don't see that as "jumping the shark", it's feeding the fanboys. If out of this world technology is not your thing, you won't like this show. It's based on a comic book spy agency so they were always well-advanced with technology. If you can accept the concept of Iron Man though, you should be able to accept that the world's foremost espionage agency has revelutionary, unheard of, unseen, scientific breakthroughs. All that aside, I think my main problem with the show was the acting. There wasn't a lot of chemistry among the cast IMO.

I agree, the acting was certainly off. It may take a few episodes for the actors to settle into their roles.

Skye really annoyed me. I know it's just a show but for someone who claimed to live out of a van she had perfect hair and make-up. Stuff like that bothers me.

I agree, the acting was certainly off. It may take a few episodes for the actors to settle into their roles.

Skye really annoyed me. I know it's just a show but for someone who claimed to live out of a van she had perfect hair and make-up. Stuff like that bothers me.

She's hot. Get off her back!

I didn't "love" it, but I didn't hate it either. Coulson is obviously an LMD in the show. And the flying car was a mainstay in Marvel's earlier SHIELD series, so I don't see that as "jumping the shark", it's feeding the fanboys. If out of this world technology is not your thing, you won't like this show. It's based on a comic book spy agency so they were always well-advanced with technology. If you can accept the concept of Iron Man though, you should be able to accept that the world's foremost espionage agency has revelutionary, unheard of, unseen, scientific breakthroughs. All that aside, I think my main problem with the show was the acting. There wasn't a lot of chemistry among the cast IMO.
Consider that I havent read the comic book (or any comic book in about 40 yers) and my assessment is going from the ads then watching it. People with superhuman strength isnt a stretch for tv and for the most part they did a decent job of easing me, the viewer, into their world. For me all was well until the flying car came in. That was too much IMO. Mabye 2 or 3 episodes down the road but not from the get go.

One thing of note about the acting. The "Pilot" episode was filmed starting January 22nd and wrapped on February 11th.

The show didn't even have a title until early April and ABC didn't officially pick up the series until May. So I can excuse the actors not having chemistry on a show filmed in a little over two weeks not knowing if they will do those characters again.

Last edited:
some of you criticizing the show are forgetting that Joss Whedon is heavily involved. That's the only reason J. August Richards was in the pilot. I predict we'll be seeing more of the cast and crew of shows like "Angel", "Buffy" and perhaps even "Firefly" and "Dollhouse" making appearances in future episodes.

The flying car was in the comics, thus, non issue. The acting was a little off but that's how it usually is in the first episode. It'll work out. Not many complaints really and it will probably only get better as the story evolves and the actors settle into their roles. I'm excited, way more than I was going in.

Wonder how much it took to get Samuel L. Jackson to cameo as Agent Fury?

I wonder who we get next Downy Jr.?

some of you criticizing the show are forgetting that Joss Whedon is heavily involved. That's the only reason J. August Richards was in the pilot. I predict we'll be seeing more of the cast and crew of shows like "Angel", "Buffy" and perhaps even "Firefly" and "Dollhouse" making appearances in future episodes.

Not a chance. Sara Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz are busy doing other shows right now. They're not going to cameo in that show.
This show is only about Marvels.

Not a chance. Sara Michelle Gellar and David Boreanaz are busy doing other shows right now. They're not going to cameo in that show.
This show is only about Marvels.

Actually Boreanaz might possibly could do a cameo for a character that could return later (next season) as BONES is in its 9th and possibly Final season.

Ratings plummeted this week. A dip was expected but it like 36% or something. I haven't had a chance to watch the second episode yet.

Something seemed super cheesy about this last episode. While it was still more entertaining than your average New Girl episode it felt corny. Joss Whedon needs to take his genius and run as fast as possible from ABC before they taint is reputation.

After this 2nd episode I think the series is going to get regulated to days when I've watched everything else on the dvr and am bored.

I'm trying to figure out why they added two engines onto a C17 in such a way that they're sucking in hot exhaust from the other four.

Also, considering the resources at their disposal, it seems somewhat lame that they used a conventional rocket to launch the 084 into the sun.

The coolest part of the show so far are those two little AI drones.

VN Store

Back