Marvel Cinematic Universe

I really liked the first Captain marvel, the second not so much

I do think Larson is good looking too. I haven't seen her other movies. I need to watch some of her other movies

My whole issue is the agenda behind making these movies. They absolutely refuse to follow the original content to push their agenda.

I do think Larson is good looking too. I haven't seen her other movies. I need to watch some of her other movies

My whole issue is the agenda behind making these movies. They absolutely refuse to follow the original content to push their agenda.
youre the only one looking for an agenda. no one else gives a flying ****

I just watch for entertainment

Reactions: BenGrimm

Curious what you know about the original content and how much you cared before they made a movie.

Curious what you know about the original content and how much you cared before they made a movie.

I know she was a female in the comics, ive been keeping up with it for a fews years. I watch and read pop culture news so see how its changed over the last 4-6 years. Their doing it with movies and video games. They don't make original stuff, just recycle old stuff and make it worse than the original

Thats fair. Ill say enough people do because many movies have bombed over the last couple of years because of wokeness

Woke movies don't really bomb because of wokeness/progressivism. They bomb because they are not good movies. The majority of movies that get made have something woke/progressive about them, whether it's in the writing or in the casting, etc. And this has been going on forever. Look at the original Star Trek. That franchise was very woke from the beginning, but it was also good and of course people liked it.

The fact of the matter is, people tolerate it when the movies are good and don't tolerate it when the movies are bad. There are enough woke people to make a woke movie succeed, even if 0 conservatives go to see it. You know? Or what about the fact that some of the most progressive movies do great, like Barbie? You know?

Reactions: BenGrimm
I know she was a female in the comics, ive been keeping up with it for a fews years. I watch and read pop culture news so see how its changed over the last 4-6 years. Their doing it with movies and video games. They don't make original stuff, just recycle old stuff and make it worse than the original

Oh so instead of actually consuming the source material yourself you let others tell you about it. Based on the things you regurgitate I can take a pretty good shot at the sources you are going to.

Here is a quick history lesson:

Carol Danvers was created in the 70s to shore up a copyright of a female derivative of an already established male character (much like She-Hulk and Spider-Woman). The original Capt Marvel (or Marvel’s Capt Marvel) died in the early 80s and has remained dead for the most part ever since. Afterwards a few different characters have used the moniker, starting with Monica Rambeau around the mid 80s (A black woman given the male character’s name. Super woke right?). A couple others would use the name over the years but none really caught on for more than a few years. Danvers had been a mainstay floating between X-Men and Avengers going by Ms. Marvel, Binary, and Warbird, between the early 80s through the 00s. She eventually took on the mantle of Capt Marvel around 2012 and has held the title ever since. The “agenda” was simply to stabilize the name Capt Marvel and place it on a character in which the legacy was deserved. Considering all of that convoluted history, and the fact she is the current Capt Marvel, it made perfect sense to skip ahead and use her for the movies.

As far as making new stuff there are some key factors. First, creators don’t hand over their ideas to Marvel and DC on the work for hire basis anymore. Conversely Marvel and DC are stingy with royalties. But also, fans are fickle. They say they want something new and different but then when they get it, they complain about that too. It’s a damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

VN Store

Back