Marriage

If ever been married, have you had a marriage that ended in divorce?

• Total voters
Sure, but if there isn't clear consequences for certain actions (via communication), and one knows the other is blindly hell bent on staying married no matter what, then the other person can do whatever the hell they want without fear of their parner leaving them.

So you're advice would be what then during pre-marriage counseling?

If you don't talk about and then something happens and one person is blindsided with the other wanting divorce, how is that good?

How many have divorced the wife and then married her AGAIN?
I have a friend married 10 years Divorced 5 years and married her back????

So you're advice would be what then during pre-marriage counseling?

Don't believe in pre-marriage counseling. If you have assets, prenup!

If you don't talk about and then something happens and one person is blindsided with the other wanting divorce, how is that good?

Huh? Couples should always be talking.

Reactions: 1 person
How many have divorced the wife and then married her AGAIN?
I have a friend married 10 years Divorced 5 years and married her back????

I know a guy at work like that. Married for 20 years, gets divorced, loses house. Few years later remarries the same girl, gets to live in house he paid for once again. A few years later gets divorced. Ex-wife leaves - rents him his own house. two days after his divorce is final he marries the girl he took to prom in the 1980's. Flash forward 2 years current wife never moved down to FL from Ohio and now he is getting divorced.

Don't believe in pre-marriage counseling. If you have assets, prenup!

Huh? Couples should always be talking.

Pre-marriage counseling can be good but a pre-marriage background check is even better! You can find out if your soon to be wife has a record, has/had a penis, terrible credit score, illegally in the country, has the HIV, or isnt a natural blonde.

Pre-marriage counseling can be good but a pre-marriage background check is even better! You can find out if your soon to be wife has a record, has/had a penis, terrible credit score, illegally in the country, has the HIV, or isnt a natural blonde.

Haha. I hope one would know whether their spouse has a penis within the first couple of dates.

On a serious note, I don't understand premarriage counseling. I've bad a couple friends do it and think it's ridiculous. It's assbackwards. It is basically, let's get engaged, seriously committed, THEN hammer out the details (end of life care, financial planning, number of children, etc). I would have all that hammered BEFORE I even think about getting engaged.

Sure, but if there isn't clear consequences for certain actions (via communication), and one knows the other is blindly hell bent on staying married no matter what, then the other person can do whatever the hell they want without fear of their parner leaving them.
Totally disagree.
If your trust level is that low, then you have no business getting married in the first place.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

4 out of 6 isn't bad, is it?

Clear expectations/consequences = low/no trust?
If you feel the need to express them yes imo. If you are to the point in a relationshp that you are ready to get married, then it should be understood that infidelity will result in the end of the marriage.

Haha. I hope one would know whether their spouse has a penis within the first couple of dates.

On a serious note, I don't understand premarriage counseling. I've bad a couple friends do it and think it's ridiculous. It's assbackwards. It is basically, let's get engaged, seriously committed, THEN hammer out the details (end of life care, financial planning, number of children, etc). I would have all that hammered BEFORE I even think about getting engaged.

I have heard about guys marrying a girl and turns out its a dude. I tend to not believe the guy but still..its funny, sick, and sad at the same time. I would like to think one would know as much about their future spouse as possible before jumping on the marriage barge. The problem I've seen is that guys and girls think of marriage as two different things. A guys like "Shes mine no one else can have her and even I can't have her but I got this wife poon on lockdown" and the girls like "Sweet I can finally buy things now and all I have to do is pretend to want to maybe give him the sex".

If you feel the need to express them yes imo. If you are to the point in a relationshp that you are ready to get married, then it should be understood that infidelity will result in the end of the marriage.

Wait..thats what ends marriages? Uh oh.

VN Store

Back