Marlin Lane

Clearly because Marlin waited he is lying. Just like all the people in Hollywood coming out about Weinstein. And the women who have come out against Bill Cosby. They are all just cowards. Am I right?

If true, it’s no wonder that Lane didn’t come out with this information earlier. People on Volnation are calling him a liar...imagine if he’d said it while Butch was still coach. There seems to be a constant theme with rumors about Butch...they pretty much all involve abuse of players.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
If true , it’s no wonder Lane didn’t come out with this earlier. People on Volnation are calling him a liar...imagine if he’d said it while Butch was still coach.

The fact that there are still some that will vehemently defend poor little Butch's tenure tells all you need to know. He woulda been marched to the guillotine for speaking ill of Butch.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks, my bad. I guess i got all the rape cases back then confused

Pretty easy to do unfortunately.

That whole situation with all the different rape cases swirling and the title IX suit was a nasty bit of business that could have gone a lot worse for UT and Jones.

It's another reason I don't feel much sympathy for Jones. I don't think he handled those situations too well.

Reactions: 3 people
Remember Curt Magitt the fight In the locker room and supposedly Butch was telling players to take care of things

Oh I remember it. Regardless of the situation, Bowles got targeted at the behest of the head coach for doing the right thing. The UTAD got wind of it and went scrambling to call off Butch. The timeline and the phone call records bear this out.

Reactions: 2 people
So if Marlin was the enforcer, who did he get to leave the team? Has anyone ever heard his name connected to anyone that quit or transferred?

I’m not saying it isn’t true, but why didn’t Marlin talk about this publicly a couple years ago? This isn’t the kind of thing you hide from the public.

Yeah...right.....

I don't know if it's true or not....and I really don't care anymore...It's just another piece of evidence that shows us exactly how inept the administration is at UT....

I'm just glad CBJ's gone, gone, gone.....

But 2 years ago would've been in the middle of the 2015 season and do you really think ANYONE was gonna listen to anything bad concerning CBJ--especially considering that we just barely lost to BAMA by 5 points....

:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person
Wish we could put a moratorium on all of this public Butch hate until after Kansas (or someone) hires him.

No idea who's telling the truth and who's not.

But, in leadership situations like this there is ALWAYS people for you and people against you. When you "fall", there are ALWAYS a chorus of haters waiting to jump on the finger pointing bandwagon. This happens REGARDLESS of who the leader is.

I promise you, if Nick Saban or Belicheck created "cause" situations next year that shocked the world and demanded their firing ... a large host of ex-coaches, staff, players, and neighbors would come out of the woodwork to trash both of them. This is simply the "dividing" that always takes place when someone is attempting to move forward at a high level.

There is literally NOTHING to see here, unless someone brings some verifiable Sandusky level allegations. Enjoy the gossip if you like, but it's basically a meaningless pi$$ing contest.

Reactions: 3 people
He's had players from both Cincy and now UT discuss his mistreatment of players. I'm not one to jump on bandwagons to personally attack someone, but where there seems to be some credibility to all of this.

Every coach has disgruntled former players. Rats are coming out all over now.

Reactions: 1 person
Why are some defending this guy? Too many reports that he was an *******. I don't get why that surprises some or why some are in such denial. Like its been pretty clear for a while.

Reactions: 8 people
Memories are short around here.

Maybe he's right. Maybe he's just bitter. Maybe some dude with a podcast is just looking for clicks.

You have been very generous with the amount of benefit of the doubt that you have given Butch. Your mansion in heaven will have many rooms.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back