Marlin Lane

Clearly because Marlin waited he is lying. Just like all the people in Hollywood coming out about Weinstein. And the women who have come out against Bill Cosby. They are all just cowards. Am I right?

You know, i said earlier that actual victims is a bit different as its a different dynamic and i get that. But other adults and such not doing anything is who i would consider cowardly.

In this case, Marlin could have talked about this anytime. Its also funny that when Crowder was last mentioned here, people where hoping CBJ punched him due to what he has since done, but Lane is just accepted as true. Weird huh? I guess he fits the popular narrative right now.

Reactions: 2 people
Someone made this comment on another post and I 100% agree: when the likes of Dobbs, Barnett, Sutton, etc. come out and verify it, I'll believe it.
So far I it's just been guys who have had issues in the past and are now wanting their moment.

Didn't hear the exact comments but Lane better have something to back this up as this type of thing seems to be veering into defamation of character territory.

Jones would have to be able to prove actual harm ( like losing a buyout or getting turned down for another job) and it's a tough row to hoe but this is going beyond reporting a recruit saying Jones called him.

This is true.

There is all reason. You don’t know how long butch was gonna be there. You always want and are a VFL. saying anything before he is gone and you would be blackballed from stepping foot on campus. These players gave their all, including their healthy bodies. Now butch is gone. They can come back and be a part of UT football again. Bring your family to games and enjoy the camaraderie of your team, present and former.

You are aware Lane was kicked off the team, accused of rape?

Sounds like Currie probably could've found reason to fire him with cause if he wanted to. Perhaps Jones actions were so egregious that revealing all the dirt would've hurt UTs reputation more than the 8 million+ buyout, it could also be that UT was complicit in covering Jones actions, thus the non-action by Currie and UTAD. I wonder if there is some clause that prohibits Currie from digging dirt on Jones by interviewing players. It was my first thought when trying to think of a reason to get Jones fired by cause.

The more I hear about Jones the more surprised I am that Currie couldn't find a reason to fire him with cause. It's almost like we're trying to cover our tail more than his.

I'm thinking some really shady stuff went down with Jones as HC (promoting a "rape culture" or "thug culture" type deal), maybe UTAD trying its best to not make UT the next Baylor.

If more stuff keeps coming out, it won't take long for a competent reporter to get a hold of these leads and start investigating. It might be nothing but it could be that Jones really was a sycophant and let his players do pretty much whatever they wanted. Wouldn't surprise me one bit, especially after the lack of discipline during the Fulmer, Kiffin and Dooley years. Theres a reason they called it the Fulmer Cup folks!

/tinfoil hat

I doubt Currie wants anything dug up and aired out regarding Lane and the other instances that led to all the law suits based around Title IX being litigated again in the court of public opinion.

Tennessee settles sexual assault suit for $2.48 million

Reactions: 5 people
You know, i said earlier that actual victims is a bit different as its a different dynamic and i get that. But other adults and such not doing anything is who i would consider cowardly.

In this case, Marlin could have talked about this anytime. Its also funny that when Crowder was last mentioned here, people where hoping CBJ punched him due to what he has since done, but Lane is just accepted as true. Weird huh? I guess he fits the popular narrative right now.

The popular narrative about how terrible Butch treated his players? Yes it definitely does. Its funny how you continue to believe these people are cowards when you haven't talked to them and gotten the full story. Context has meaning. But hey, they are just cowards. Lol.

Reactions: 3 people
The popular narrative about how terrible Butch treated his players? Yes it definitely does. Its funny how you continue to believe these people are cowards when you haven't talked to them and gotten the full story. Context has meaning. But hey, they are just cowards. Lol.

Have you talked to any of them and gotten the FULL story?

200.gif

Reactions: 1 person
I don't follow that stat.

He went 4-1 against Kentucky;
3-2 against SCAR;
And, if you include his time at Cincy, which you would have to if you wanted to come up with a “losing record” against UT, you’d also have to say he was 1-0 against Vandy in a bowl, that means his record against them is 3-2.

Am I missing something (or forgetting some recent history)?

He has a losing STREAK against all SEC teams. Important word left out

You are aware Lane was kicked off the team, ... ?

Remind us, as to what day you are aware he was kicked off the team?

Marlin Lane
CollegeTennessee Volunteers
PositionRUNNING BACK
HometownDaytona Beach, FL
Career
ATT YDS TD
382 1772 9
Go to
Marlin Lane
StatsSplitsGame Log
Marlin Lane Stats
CAREER STATS RUSHING RECEIVING
SEASON ATT YDS AVG LNG TD REC YDS AVG LNG TD
2011 75 280 3.7 45 2 17 161 9.5 27 2
2012 120 658 5.5 45 2 29 228 7.9 35 0
2013 101 534 5.3 54 4 9 50 5.6 12 0
2014 86 300 3.5 44 1 11 78 7.1 28 0

How was it proven? I missed that?

Well I can’t prove it but I have heard so many stories like this. I know for a fact he tried to run off most of Dooley’s players and if they stayed he made there life hell. He drug tested Dooley’s players every week. Still can’t prove it but I have very good sources. Multiple sources.

You are aware Lane was kicked off the team, accused of rape?

He was SUSPENDED. Pending the outcome of the investigation. Was cleared and played the next season. Tennessean revealed the reason was an accusation of rape the following Spring after his eligibility had ended. Butch never threw him under the bus then or during the Title IX lawsuit.

He was SUSPENDED. Pending the outcome of the investigation. Was cleared and played the next season. Tennessean revealed the reason was an accusation of rape the following Spring after his eligibility had ended. Butch never threw him under the bus then or during the Title IX lawsuit.

Yeah, i see that now, thanks

Butch must have been covering so Lane to be his undercover operative..lol

Well I can’t prove it but I have heard so many stories like this. I know for a fact he tried to run off most of Dooley’s players and if they stayed he made there life hell. He drug tested Dooley’s players every week. Still can’t prove it but I have very good sources. Multiple sources.

Hey, MULTIPLE people running off at the mouth...I mean “sources” seeking those 15 minutes are almost as good as proof. :eek:k:

VN Store

Back