Manning's Playoff Teams

And here's why some VolNation people don't understand the massive love and bandwagoning for him. He's a great talent, but sucks when it matters. The only reason he won a Super Bowl was because of Rex Grossman.

He won't win another ring and he sure as hell won't coach. That would be so stupid. He would have to be a GA somewhere for a few years then go coordinate at a small school. Doubt he will spend 4-5 years coaching small time until he can come to UT. But who knows. I've seen crazy on all sorts of levels

Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed he never comes to coach here.

I am not a Manning fan, but he could become an NFL QB coach tomorrow if he wanted to.

Peyton looked like he needed a really good receiver that was a deep threat and could get away from the DBs. It didn't help that he lost his RB. Peyton Manning is always better when he has a good RB taking defensive pressure off of him. That second half he looked out of sorts and the Ravens defence rushed him all over the field.

Get rid of the Gutless Wonder.
I'll be surprised if Elway keeps Fox after that.

You have Peyton Manning with 3rd and 5 with a chance to end the game.....Fox opts to rely on no name 3rd string RB to get a 1st down......I am surprised Manning ran that play....it was like Dooley and Sunseri were coaching this game playing not to lose not looking to win.

Reactions: 1 person
Good grief what Einstein? That wasn't the post you previously quoted. I did incorrectly use you're on that particular post big deal.

You're just wanting to fight and argue so how about you just stop?

Yes, actually, it was. I call a flake a flake. I find you making fun of another person hypocritical. You've posted nothing but garbage and then resort to calling me names. Feel free to stop any time.

Well than you're saying he committed NCAA infractions to get people here? Outside of his four years here, him "getting people" to play at UT is shady. Also, people are bandwagoning. Denver's fan base doubled overnight after all these diehard colts fans emptied out.

Also, as a human, I have an opinion. My opinion is that PM gets way too much love and hype. Proof is that I point out he sucks in crunch time. He was in college and has always been in the pros. I don't have to love and gaga over PM. That's not a term and agreement for being a Vol fan. I respect Reggie over Peyton all day and Reggie is my favorite all time Vol. I don't understand the hype for Peyton. He sucked in games that mattered at UT and does in the Pros. But yet he is the best ever.....

Why so much Peyton hate? He's a great representative of your University. Chill the hell out.

You have Peyton manning at the helm and he blew the game. He committed the number one sin at the QB position: never throw across your body. He lost the game.

Moron. He threw 1 interception. It should have never even made it to overtime. You can't take all the good plays away for 1 bad play. Let's blame the guy who let flacco throw 3 Hail Mary passes for TDs instead.

I like Peyton and i like to see him do good but im not going to jump on a different teams bandwagon.denver,s record and stats were misleading.against playoff teams they were poor on both offense and defense and were well under 500 /they beat up on teams that were not any good .amd no Peyton will never srr amother let alone win unless they do alot pf improvimgthru free agency ,draft or trade.but i was not pulling for broncos i never even watched it.he is not at UT so i no longer care if his team wins or losses.

Last edited:
I hate it for Peyton will go down as one of the best if not best QB of all time. And all he has is 1 Super Bowl. This man should at least have 3 rings by now. Don't think Peyton get's another one before he hangs it up.

There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways he never does in the regular season. I hate it for him. He works so hard, but consistently comes up short in those big moments.

I really thought he had another shot at a Superbowl with this team. But the Broncos secondary looked like they were using Sunseri's scheme and that last INT was just a really bad decision.

Do y'all think Peyton will get another ring before he comes home to coach UT (j/k)?
Well since you are from Ca you need to look at your boy Moore from UCLA that gave up a 70 yard bomb with 40 secs left in the game first. PM can't play both offense and defense. Rich Gannon said worst angle play by safety he has ever seen. Of course UGA boy Bailey was burned several times I think as well.

Moron. He threw 1 interception. It should have never even made it to overtime. You can't take all the good plays away for 1 bad play. Let's blame the guy who let flacco throw 3 Hail Mary passes for TDs instead.
Manning threw 2 ints. At least watch the game and educate yourself before calling someone else a moron.

Poor playcalling throughout. For whatever reason, Peyton constantly checked down to running plays that went nowhere. Wasted the clock and a scoring opportunity at the end of the first half. O line was getting beaten consistently, and very few qbs perform well in that situation. Champ Bailey looked awful. John Fox has never been a big game coach. Peyton, sadly, looked bad as well. His teams have lost in the past but generally he looked okay. Not this time.

Peyton is great great great. I have seen a thousand quarterbacks play the game and Peyton is the best that I have ever watched in a live game. His leadership skills are out the top.

With that said, he is extremely intelligent. And therefore, does not typically play his best games during the post-season. If he did....he would be perfect. And no one is perfect.

Reactions: 2 people
Peyton is great great great. I have seen a thousand quarterbacks play the game and Peyton is the best that I have ever watched in a live game. His leadership skills are out the top.

With that said, he is extremely intelligent. And therefore, does not typically play his best games during the post-season. If he did....he would be perfect. And no one is perfect.

all the best players to ever play typically don't play their best in the most meaningful games.

@Espngreeny: RT “@ESPNStatsInfo: Peyton Manning lost his 1st start of a postseason for 8th time. No other QB in Super Bowl Era has more than 4x.”

A few years back I almost got run off VN for pointing this out. Seems to be a different tone now. The irony of taking a knee at the end of regulation was to not have a costly turnover on their side of the field which is exactly how they lost. If the Titans can't win the SB, I hope PM does. Now I'm left with anyone but the Patriots.

Keys to the game were, secondary being torched just before half for a bomb, end of the game bomb and Moreno going down with injury. Champ Bailey couldn't cover his own hemorrhoids with both hands all day. Peyton played okay but OT pass was ill advised but to his defense the O-line sucked out loud all day! I think he will get 1 more shot to get a ring next season then I think it's over.

:hi:

tennesseeduke

You sir deserve a cigar! Great post!

:good!::good!::good!:

tennesseeduke

Poor playcalling throughout. For whatever reason, Peyton constantly checked down to running plays that went nowhere. Wasted the clock and a scoring opportunity at the end of the first half. O line was getting beaten consistently, and very few qbs perform well in that situation. Champ Bailey looked awful. John Fox has never been a big game coach. Peyton, sadly, looked bad as well. His teams have lost in the past but generally he looked okay. Not this time.

I put all the offensive mistakes in Peyton. You said it exactly: he checked down. He runs the offense there and he decides what runs and passes. Quit acting like the one play the defense gave up cost them the game.

A few years back I almost got run off VN for pointing this out. Seems to be a different tone now. The irony of taking a knee at the end of regulation was to not have a costly turnover on their side of the field which is exactly how they lost. If the Titans can't win the SB, I hope PM does. Now I'm left with anyone but the Patriots.

That's just it though. If Peyton wanted to try for a FG in the last minute he would have. I don't blame fox for the decision because Peyton could have easily changed it. Who you think Elway is gonna back?

Don't get me wrong I was rooting for Denver only because of him, but when I got back from Zero Dark Thirty (awesome movie by the way), and saw the score, I had to smile after seeing Tebow lead them to a playoff win just to get the pink slip.

Peyton Manning is the biggest choke artist in football history. You just know peyton will throw a game losing pick almost in any important game. He is not winning another title.

VN Store

Back