Manning's Playoff Teams

This is not Brady hate, just comparing Brady to the ridiculous standard that Manning has been put to. When the Colts and now the Broncos lose, it is Manning's fault. Why not the same for Brady?

I think most on this thread would argue it is no more Brady or Manning's fault that they lost as it is Flaco's for winning. There are 22 players starting and many behind them. The quarterback has a lot to do with it, but not all of it.

As it has been said many times. Who would not take Dan Marino or Dan Fouts as their starting quarterback for any game.

Reactions: 1 person
Why is there all the hate towards Brady? At first, I thought it had to do with Manning's struggles with Brady and the Pats...similar to Manning's struggles with UF while he was at UT.

But lately, I've heard hatred towards Brady and the Pats from people with no affiliation to Manning or UT. I've come to the conclusion that people find faults with winners and can't stand them. Yes, Manning has a lot of success and individual records but his teams have often come up short.

I just don't get the Brady hatred, and I'm a Manning fan.
I think it's jealousy, 3 superbowl rings and a supermodel for a wife. :whistling:

When has a coach that loses ever done an interview on the field directly after the game. Since sharpe is working for CBS, and he must have said Bill turned down an interview. I'm guessing Tracy Wolfson would rather interview Bill over Harbaugh, the winning coach??? Bill was at the podium 20 minute after the game. Espn carried his Q&A presser.

When has a coach that loses ever done an interview on the field directly after the game. Since sharpe is working for CBS, and he must have said Bill turned down an interview. I'm guessing Tracy Wolfson would rather interview Bill over Harbaugh, the winning coach??? Bill was at the podium 20 minute after the game. Espn carried his Q&A presser.

Losing coaches are interviewed by the network all of the time after the AFC/NFC championship games and other major games. It is sometimes on the field but usually in the locker room.

Not sure why you are defending him so much. He's a great coach, but we all know is a poor sport. They said on air he rejected the interview and you saw what Shannon had to say about it

I'm assuming you were not there, so I'll take the word of the network in this situation.

:hi:

This is not Brady hate, just comparing Brady to the ridiculous standard that Manning has been put to. When the Colts and now the Broncos lose, it is Manning's fault. Why not the same for Brady?

I think most on this thread would argue it is no more Brady or Manning's fault that they lost as it is Flaco's for winning. There are 22 players starting and many behind them. The quarterback has a lot to do with it, but not all of it.

As it has been said many times. Who would not take Dan Marino or Dan Fouts as their starting quarterback for any game.

This is the point. Well said.

So true about Marino and Fouts.
I think Manning deserved flack for contributing to that loss. Although his stupid arse DB totally flopped on that coverage, Manning threw a total bushleague INT that QBs are taught not to do in Pee Wee League.
However, Brady's fourth-down dying quail in the fourth quarter was every bit as bad as Manning's faux pas. True though - you have not heard a flippin thing about Tommy's throw because the media have always been hatahs toward the Manning family.
Funny thing is, I would take Marino and Fouts over both of them. QBs had to work back then - they didn't have the refs loving up and down on them.

why should coaches have to interview and answer a bunch of dumb, programmed questions after a tough loss??? let the media do their own BS analysis of the game.

why should coaches have to interview and answer a bunch of dumb, programmed questions after a tough loss??? let the media do their own BS analysis of the game.

The networks are paying the NFL millions of dollars for broadcasting and coach/player access. Interviews are expected of any head coach.

VN Store

Back