Manning's Playoff Teams

If you're going to throw the #2 finish in 1995 out there, don't ever make fun of Alabama and their 222,000 national titles.

That was the year one poll ranked UT ahead of UF even though they beat UT 62-37. The other poll had UF #2 and UT #3.

Well luckily I've never made fun of Alabama's national titles but even if I did I see no real comparison there. If I say including one #3 finish it doesn't change anything. Peyton Manning was great for the University of Tennessee. For people that can watch us go 7-5, 5-7, 6-7, 4-7 and still have the nerve to complain because PM's teams never winning a NC is beyond ridiculous.

To bad Clint Stoerner didn't play for Florida I guess. Peyton helped UT football have the best overall 3 years in the schools history. What a loser

Best 3 years record wise. What did those years get us? Nothing but a bunch of individual stats. I just cant see why someone gets so much praise for not being able to seal the deal or win when it matters.

Last edited:
I respect you having an opinion but I don't respect you making up things that I never said or implied. You're reading and comprehension skills seem to be a bit challenged.

You said players continue to come her because of him. That's not making anything up. Just saying you make it sound like he is recruiting our kids.

Best 3 years record wise. What did those years get us? Nothing but a by ch of individual stats. I just can see why someone gets so much praise for not being able to seal the deal or win when it matters.

Well for me it added up to a bunch of great tailgating weekends spending time with my family and celebrating wins. For you it sounds like it added up to more *****ing and moaning and generally hating life. Who came out ahead you or me?

You have Peyton manning at the helm and he blew the game. He committed the number one sin at the QB position: never throw across your body. He lost the game.

NO, John Fox decision to run the ball late in the 4th Qt instead of letting Peyton try and get you a 1st down is what led the Broncs into OT and the eventual loss. Fox decided to put his defense back out there and they gave up a touchdown tying the game into OT. Once in OT it was inevitable that the Ravens would win this. Not sure what game you were watching, but this one falls on Fox.

Reactions: 1 person
Well for me it added up to a bunch of great weekends spending time with my family and celebrating wins. For you it sounds like it added up to more *****ing and moaning and generally hating life. Who came out ahead me or you?

So you're the ultimate Vol and number 1 fan and that you're the judge and jury on who can decide what they want or say what they want or offer an opinion. It's cool man. You'd rather get off on individual stats and hype someone like crazy. I don't get all gooey eyed over someone unless they deserve it. If manning is the best there is, why hasn't he had more rings?

Please tell me what I have said that isn't true?

Well actually never mind. I don't see a T anywhere on your favorite teams and really couldn't care less what you have to say.

Really? Is it for us to criticize reading comprehension and then proceed to not know the difference between you're and your? What a hypocrite. Nice ad hominem logic that we have circulating.

NO, John Fox decision to run the ball late in the 4th Qt instead of letting Peyton try and get you a 1st down is what led the Broncs into OT and the eventual loss. Fox decided to put his defense back out there and they gave up a touchdown tying the game into OT. Once in OT it was inevitable that the Ravens would win this. Not sure what game you were watching, but this one falls on Fox.

So y'all can say manning ran the team on the Colts, but Elway paid him top dollar to come to Denver, be their franchise player, but not have the same control when the other ten starters had to learn Peyton? Ridiculous. If manning wanted a shot to get in FG position, he would have. Who you think Elway is gonna back if Fox and PM butted heads over that decision?

Well luckily I've never made fun of Alabama's national titles but even if I did I see no real comparison there. If I say including one #3 finish it doesn't change anything. Peyton Manning was great for the University of Tennessee. For people that can watch us go 7-5, 5-7, 6-7, 4-7 and still have the nerve to complain because PM's teams never winning a NC is beyond ridiculous.

Manning truly was great for UT, no doubt.

I'll never forget being in B'ham in 1995 or Orlando in Jan 1996 against Ohio St. Beating Bama 3 straight times. UT's 1st outright SEC title since the split divisions.

So you're the ultimate Vol and number 1 fan and that you're the judge and jury on who can decide what they want or say what they want or offer an opinion. It's cool man. You'd rather get off on individual stats and hype someone like crazy. I don't get all gooey eyed over someone unless they deserve it. If manning is the best there is, why hasn't he had more rings?

Not VFL. You don't have a Tennessee logo in your teams.

You said players continue to come her because of him. That's not making anything up. Just saying you make it sound like he is recruiting our kids.

I never said that quit making **** up. I said great players came here to play with Peyton and then great players came here to play with those players. That doesn't last forever. I'm sure saying PM played here doesn't hurt but obviously it doesn't mean that much to new recruits. If you could actually read and comprehend you would know exactly what I was saying.

So y'all can say manning ran the team on the Colts, but Elway paid him top dollar to come to Denver, be their franchise player, but not have the same control when the other ten starters had to learn Peyton? Ridiculous. If manning wanted a shot to get in FG position, he would have. Who you think Elway is gonna back if Fox and PM butted heads over that decision?

He'll fire Fox and elevate Del Rio.

I never once said PM was the best there ever was but that obviously doesn't matter to you. Go on sporting your CP avatar since stats and hype mean nothing to you.

Really? Is it for us to criticize reading comprehension and then proceed to not know the difference between you're and your? What a hypocrite. Nice ad hominem logic that we have circulating.

Please tell me WTF you're talking about? My post was clearly correct in the use of your and not You're. Dip****

Originally Posted by GLDunlap View Post

Well actually never mind. I don't see a T anywhere on your favorite teams and really couldn't care less what you have to say.

Looks correct to me just like it was when you quoted the post.

Last edited:
Fox running out the clock with PM at the helm instead of going for a win, felt exactly like Dooley preferring overtime instead of going for it with Bray.

Reactions: 2 people
it's something like the 4th time his team has been one and done with a 13-3 or better record and a 1st round bye.

8 of out 12 Manning's playoff trips ended up with one and done, with the overall playoff record of 9-11. I am afraid this is part of Manning's legacy.

One side of me is thinking Manning (again) played well enough to win, and his defense (again) became a liability. The other side of me is thinking nobody signs Manning to just manage the game; Broncos signed Manning to carry the team, and deliver the SB. Today, Manning failed to deliver at the most critical moments (sadly, again).

People are blaming it all on the defense?

The defense botched the last touchdown big time but Peyton's 3 turnovers led to 17 points. The one interception was returned for a touchdown, not the defenses fault. The other interception that led to the game winning field goal, the Ravens only picked up 16 yards before kicking. And the fumble, the Raven's only needed 37 yards for a touchdown. That's 17 points on 53 yards of offense. Yeah, blame the defense... it's not as if the Bronco's offense was anything to write home about. On top of the 3 turnovers, they scored 21 points. Scoring 21 points is solid but it's nothing spectacular. When you add the 3 turnovers, it's below average.

As long as some people are blaming the loss on the Bronco's defense because they're upset Peyton lost, I guess you should be reminded that the Colts defense won him a championship the first time around. In his run to the title, these were his stats in the playoffs... 1td 3int 71.9rating, 0td 2int 39.6rating, 1td 1int 79.1rating, 1td 1int 81.rating. Total 3td 7int 81.8rating. I like Peyton but come on... he's lucky to even have a championship. Now some of you are blaming the Broncos defense when it's far from all their fault. People see 38-35 and think the offense did their job while the defense let them down. Seeing as the offense really only scored 21 and their 3 turnovers led to 17 points on 53 yards, the offense and Peyton are as much to blame as the defense.

And if you think of it like this, the Bronco's defense allowed 21 points without the offense's 3 turnovers. The Bronco's offense scored 21 points without the special teams 14 points. So...

Last edited:
Manning truly was great for UT, no doubt.

I'll never forget being in B'ham in 1995 or Orlando in Jan 1996 against Ohio St. Beating Bama 3 straight times. UT's 1st outright SEC title since the split divisions.

I don't worship the guy but I will defend his UT career all day long.

Birmingham Joey Kent first play, Orlando Jay Graham just before halftime, Bill "freakin" Duff stopping Eddie George, Jay Graham's run in 96 against Alabama. There were so many great moments, yes the UF games sucked but we were blessed. Hopefully we will get back there again soon.

Just remembered the way Jay Graham silenced the Bama crowd in 95 when they thought they were back in the game. Damn he had a bunch of long TD runs. I can't remember the last time a UT back to one to the house from more then 30 yards.

Last edited:
Best 3 years record wise. What did those years get us? Nothing but a bunch of individual stats. I just cant see why someone gets so much praise for not being able to seal the deal or win when it matters.

An SEC Championship?

Not to mention breaking a losing streak to Bama that kick started a TN winning streak. But other than that, yeah, he sucked :rolleyes:

As for this game, there is a lot of blame to go around. From the coaching decisions to defensive whiffs and Peyton included.

Last edited:
I respect you having an opinion but I don't respect you making up things that I never said or implied. You're reading and comprehension skills seem to be a bit challenged.

That is pretty poignant. I wouldn't throw stones.

Please tell me WTF you're talking about? My post was clearly correct in the use of your and not You're. Dip****

Originally Posted by GLDunlap View Post

Looks correct to me just like it was when you quoted the post.

Good grief.

Fox did not lose this game. Rahim Moore lost it with the biggest DB blunder I've seen in m life. Broncos had the game won. Of course you punt the ball to the Ravens with 1 minute left. Broncs had second best defense in league, Ravens had no TOs left; had to 80 yards in 1 minute. Were at their own 30 with 30 seconds to go. Freak defensive screwup. Bronco DBs were GREAT all year--then played their worst game of the year today. Broncs were kicking a FG at end of first half to go up 10. Normally reliable kicker shanks it, then Flacco throws a bomb for a TD in last second of half--10-point turnaround. Went that way all day for Denver: every time they were in a position to take control of the game, then screwed up. I thought they'd win it after Stokley's great catch in OT, but they couldn't make 1 yard on 3 and 1. Horrible.

The cold hurt Manning and Broncs more than Ravens. 10 degree weather is not a friend of 36-year-old Qbs--or 36-year-old DBs. He'll have a chance next year, but they were no. 1 seed this year. Running out of time. Broncos need a big-time RB more than anything. Very frustrating game. Ravens are tough, though--they had Pats all but beat in AFC title game two years ago in Foxboro. The Harbaugh's can coach.

It's not all Manning's fault, no, but TOP is right in that Manning is nowhere near the QB in the playoffs that he is in the regular season. That's just fact. Even his Super Bowl winning year, he was at best average in the playoffs.

the Broncs had a better defense this year than the Colts ever had, which is why I thought they'd make the Super Bowl. But they were not good today; normally stout pass rush was ineffective and DBs were bad. When Moreno got hurt the run game went in the toilet; Hillman was game but he's a 3rd-down back. Big need for Denver: McGahee is old, too.

Good grief.

Good grief what Einstein? That wasn't the post you previously quoted. I did incorrectly use you're on that particular post big deal.

You're just wanting to fight and argue so how about you just stop?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back