Manafort Trial Thread

Wrong as usual.
I watched all of Watergate.
The breakin was 6/17/72.
Archibald Cox was named Special Prosecutor on 5/16/73.
Sat. night massacre was 10/19/73
Leon Jaworski named 2nd Special Prosecutor on 11/1/73.
Nixon resigned on 8/8/74, one year and less than 3 months after first Spec Pros named..

Last edited:
The breakin was 6/17/72.
Nixon resigned on 8/8/74, one year and less than 3 months after first Spec Pros named..

Yep and Whitewater was wrapped up in something like 2 years with actual major convictions related to the investigation.

Wrong as usual.

What were you saying again?????
atd-indictments-0514.png

The breakin was 6/17/72.
The Watergate investigation continued even after Nixon had resigned from office. It began in 1972 and end with the last prosecution on January 1, 1975.

If you can tell me how any of those Russian indictments relate to Trump, you'll have a point.
If you want me to tell you how each indictment relates to a Trump official and then to Trump trust me we don't have the time. I will just say its funny how the Trump Tower meeting went from "We were discussing adoptions" to now "Ok yea the Russians said the had damaging information on Clinton that they offered to give us." So Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort and Rick Gates went to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer who worked for Putin's friend Yury Chaika, who is the Russian prosecutor general, while also meeting with Rinat Akhmetshin, a former Soviet counterintelligence officer who really never left the FSB. But the argument is that Trump didn't know about the meeting and that his Namesake, son in law and CEO of his campaign just took it upon themselves to get this information.

Reactions: TennTom and Septic
The Watergate investigation continued even after Nixon had resigned from office. It began in 1972 and end with the last prosecution on January 1, 1975.
Now I’m not a math major but 6/72 to 1/75 is not four years. And I would say the investigation ends at the indictments, not the verdict. The indictments for those trials came through in March of 74.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
Why do people think that the amount of time spent on Watergate vs Whitewater vs Trump is meaningful? They are different cases involving different issues and investigatory techniques. The comparison is absurd.

Reactions: Mick
If you want me to tell you how each indictment relates to a Trump official and then to Trump trust me we don't have the time. I will just say its funny how the Trump Tower meeting went from "We were discussing adoptions" to now "Ok yea the Russians said the had damaging information on Clinton that they offered to give us." So Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner, and Paul Manafort and Rick Gates went to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer who worked for Putin's friend Yury Chaika, who is the Russian prosecutor general, while also meeting with Rinat Akhmetshin, a former Soviet counterintelligence officer who really never left the FSB. But the argument is that Trump didn't know about the meeting and that his Namesake, son in law and CEO of his campaign just took it upon themselves to get this information.

So... you have nothing.

Let me help you. The indictments themselves stated that no Americans knowingly participated or were involved in the GRU's hack of the DNC. That is coming directly from the DOJ.

You can say that the Trump tower meeting was attempted collusion. Is attempted collusion a crime? No.

Has Don Jr. been indicted? No.

Has the Russian lawyer actually involved in setting up the meeting been indicted? No.

The only one who was in that meeting who has been indicted is Manafort. So far he hasn't been charged with anything related to the Trump campaign or that meeting.

collusion

Collusion = conspiracy

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

"the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"

synonyms:conspiracy

“For example, if Donald Trump Jr. sought “dirt” on Hillary Clinton from the Russians, he might be charged with conspiring to violate the election laws of the United States, which prohibit foreign nationals from contributing any “thing of value” to an electoral campaign.”

“Collusion is the descriptive word the news media has settled on to cover many potential illegal actions by the Trump campaign, which could range from aiding and abetting (18 USC 2) to conspiracy per se (18 USC 371) to conspiring to violate several potentially applicable laws like: 18 USC 1030—fraud and related activity in connection with computers; 18 USC 1343—wire fraud; or 52 USC 30121—contributions and donations by foreign nationals.”

Then there is conspiracy to cover up a crime also known as obstruction of justice.

Why do people think that the amount of time spent on Watergate vs Whitewater vs Trump is meaningful? They are different cases involving different issues and investigatory techniques. The comparison is absurd.
Keep telling yourselves that I’m hopes of dragging this ish out another 6 years.

Collusion = conspiracy

secret or illegal cooperation or conspiracy, especially in order to cheat or deceive others.

"the armed forces were working in collusion with drug traffickers"

synonyms:conspiracy

“For example, if Donald Trump Jr. sought “dirt” on Hillary Clinton from the Russians, he might be charged with conspiring to violate the election laws of the United States, which prohibit foreign nationals from contributing any “thing of value” to an electoral campaign.”

“Collusion is the descriptive word the news media has settled on to cover many potential illegal actions by the Trump campaign, which could range from aiding and abetting (18 USC 2) to conspiracy per se (18 USC 371) to conspiring to violate several potentially applicable laws like: 18 USC 1030—fraud and related activity in connection with computers; 18 USC 1343—wire fraud; or 52 USC 30121—contributions and donations by foreign nationals.”

Then there is conspiracy to cover up a crime also known as obstruction of justice.

Still no indictments related to conduct during Trump’s campaign.

Reactions: davethevol
What were you saying again?????
atd-indictments-0514.png

Now how many of those indictments were for something other than lying and how many will EVER see the inside of a courtroom?

By this stage in the Whitewater investigation a sitting Governor had been convicted and the number 3 man at the State Department was on trial for actual crimes related to the the investigation.

How did that Russian lawyer get into the country in the first place?

And conducted by different people with different purposes.

😂😂😂

Man if Starr could have padded his stats with useless Russian indictments we’d still be trying to clear those cases out.

🤣

If Starr could have padded his stats with murder charges. Is that what you were going for?

Still no indictments related to conduct during Trump’s campaign.
Tell that to Papadopolus and Flynn. Gates would laugh in your face as well. And Manaforts next trial is acting as a foreign agent for Russia.

If Starr could have padded his stats with murder charges. Is that what you were going for?

Tell that to Papadopolus and Flynn. Gates would laugh in your face as well. And Manaforts next trial is acting as a foreign agent for Russia.

No, Manafort is accused of acting as a foreign agent for Ukraine. And none of the above have been convicted of anything election or Russia related. Get your facts straight.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
No, Manafort is accused of acting as a foreign agent for Ukraine. And none of the above have been convicted of anything election or Russia related. Get your facts straight.

Wrong again hog. He was not acting on behalf of the ukraine in the US. He is accused of acting on behalf of Russia. His work in the Ukraine he was also working for Russians. Hence the payments from Russians. Get your head out of your a$$.

Wrong again hog. He was not acting on behalf of the ukraine in the US. He is accused of acting on behalf of Russia. His work in the Ukraine he was also working for Russians. Hence the payments from Russians. Get your head out of your a$$.

It would be you that needs to get his head out his ass.

Manafort and Gates have been charged with a litany of federal crimes, including conspiracy against the United States and tax fraud. They’ve also been accused of having acted as agents of a foreign power—in this case, the Ukrainian government under Viktor Yanukovych, the pro-Russia former president—without registering their activities with the Department of Justice, as is required by law under fara.

The Manafort Indictment Might Be the Biggest Unregistered Foreign Agent Case Ever - The Atlantic

VN Store

Back