Making the Tourney is NOT enough

No, I am saying that CCM is setting the goal at only making the Tournament! you have to set the goal high where you could reach it, but it's a stretch. otherwise, what's the point of the goal?

Where has CCM said the kinky goal of this team is to make the tournament and they'll be satisfied....please tell me?

Where has CCM said the kinky goal of this team is to make the tournament and they'll be satisfied....please tell me?

you're behind in the thread, 10ASEEVOLSFAN already answered my post by saying that CCM's goal is to win it all. Apparently every other expert in the basketball forum didn't know this, or this thread would have been over in no time. Where you at, BTO.

According to 10ASEEVOLSFAN, CCM thinks I'm right, but maybe I set the bar too low

Holy heck you really don't see the difference huh?

I've said since way back, the goal is to win it all, that's Citadels goal too. Nobody here is saying otherwise. Their expectations may be mess than that, but not the teams goal.

Holy heck you really don't see the difference huh?

I've said since way back, the goal is to win it all, that's Citadels goal too. Nobody here is saying otherwise. Their expectations may be mess than that, but not the teams goal.

I've lost all respect for you. and I really enjoyed reading your posts previously

According to BTO, the 329th best team in the nation has set the goal of Winning the NCAA tournament. Bet you don't see the basketball forum flaming away on one of their own

According to BTO, the 329th best team in the nation has set the goal of Winning the NCAA tournament. Bet you don't see the basketball forum flaming away on one of their own
He may be exaggerating a little bit but it's to get his point across. Every D1 team has a goal at the beginning of the year to do the BEST they can and hopefully make it to the NCAA tournament. Every coach's dream is to win the NCAA tournament. Stop being so snarky.

He may be exaggerating a little bit but it's to get his point across. Every D1 team has a goal at the beginning of the year to do the BEST they can and hopefully make it to the NCAA tournament. Every coach's dream is to win the NCAA tournament. Stop being so snarky.

Thanks POT- Kettle. Did you read the original post where I said we should set a goal of getting to the Elite 8???? At one time (pages 1-6) that was too much to ask. Now, BTO says EVERY teams goal is to win it all. the basketball forum is apparently starting its monthly cycle

Last edited:
Hubbs might not even start on this team, so yeah, he wouldnt start over a three-time All-American at SG. Stokes wouldn't start over Smith or Chism in my opinion because both players are a heck of a lot more versatile. Being a 5-star player isn't a birthright to a starting position.

I'm sure you'll be one of the morons calling Hubbs a bust at season's end because he didn't average 15 ppg and shoot 50% from three. After all, he's a 5* player. They all come in, start immediately, and light the world on fire.

You calling someone else a moron is pretty funny. The more you post the dumber you look :eek:lol:

Thanks POT- Kettle. Did you read the original post where I said we should set a goal of getting to the Elite 8???? At one time (pages 1-6) that was too much to ask. Now, BTO says EVERY teams goal is to win it all. the basketball forum is apparently starting its monthly cycle

Posters have been trying to tell you, Martin's goal is to win it all, for some reason you're still going on.

Goldvol, I think you're confusing posters' expectations for the team's goals.

The team has multiple goals. One of which is, I'm sure, to make the tournament.

But if the team makes the Sweet 16 and doesn't reach the ultimate goal of winning a championship, that doesn't mean the season was a failure.

Saying that Zo should take the team as far as they have ever been or he should be fired is borderline insane. No?

Is it just me or are all the 'goals' I've seen for this Men's team just about making the tournament. Yes, I was frustrated with not making it the last couple of years, but with the tallent we have returning and the pieces we have added, if I am CCM, I am setting a goal for the year of Elite 8. Maybe I'm crazy, and maybe I'm missing something because I don't follow basketball day to day in the offseason. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Edit: Apparently there are a lot of ESL posters. Other words for GOAL include : aim, end, target, ambition, aspiration. Our goal should not be "one step at a time"

O.k. You're crazy!:)
Seriously though, you would think that with the kids that are coming back/coming in, making the tourney would be a given, and I agree that making minimum, Sweet 16, and possibly the Elite 8 should be in the realm of reality. It seems that Coach Martin likes to slow-roll his players.
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Goldvol, I think you're confusing posters' expectations for the team's goals.

The team has multiple goals. One of which is, I'm sure, to make the tournament.

But if the team makes the Sweet 16 and doesn't reach the ultimate goal of winning a championship, that doesn't mean the season was a failure.

Saying that Zo should take the team as far as they have ever been or he should be fired is borderline insane. No?

Did I say that ANYWHERE??? There must be a language barrier

Did I say that ANYWHERE??? There must be a language barrier

You said if you're the AD making the tourney is not enough for you.

That implies that you would make a change if you were the AD because Martin isn't getting it done.

Why else would you say "IF IM THE AD"???

I understand the language just fine.

You said if you're the AD making the tourney is not enough for you.

That implies that you would make a change if you were the AD because Martin isn't getting it done.

Why else would you say "IF IM THE AD"???

I understand the language just fine.

No you don't, because your quote said "Saying that Zo should take the team as far as they have ever been or he should be fired is borderline insane. No?"

There is a huge difference between 1. doing well in the season, making the tournament, and getting eliminated
2. Scraping into the tournament and getting eliminated

You calling someone else a moron is pretty funny. The more you post the dumber you look :eek:lol:

Ooooohh...burn. That's a heck of a rebuttal. Again, present some reasonable argument for anyone other than McRae to start for that team, and I'm all ears. Quoting someone's star rating isn't proof of anything.

VN Store

Back