LV 2019 Recruiting Thread

Duke has high academics
Louisville has higher ranking
Florida State is recruiting better lately

If she doesn’t go to any of those schools.... I think we got Virginia Tech beat!!! Just saying 😁

Duke is essentially the home school (She's from NC) and would be a great choice academically but basketball wise I don't think so (their post get absolutely Zero touches)

Louisville is highly rated and I'm sure Waltz has promised her and her sister everything their hearts desire to get them there.

Florida State has a logjam at the 4 and 5 spot (I realistically don't see her going there).

If I had a guess I would say it will be between Duke and Us (Louisville will possibly land her if Kennedy Brown picks us first).

We already have 1 post in 6'5" Emily Saunders who is still growing and will be a Top 100 prospect on Hoop Gurlz during the next rankings.

Reactions: 3 people
Duke is essentially the home school (She's from NC) and would be a great choice academically but basketball wise I don't think so (their post get absolutely Zero touches)

Louisville is highly rated and I'm sure Waltz has promised her and her sister everything their hearts desire to get them there.

Florida State has a logjam at the 4 and 5 spot (I realistically don't see her going there).

If I had a guess I would say it will be between Duke and Us (Louisville will possibly land her if Kennedy Brown picks us first).

We already have 1 post in 6'5" Emily Saunders who is still growing and will be a Top 100 prospect on Hoop Gurlz during the next rankings.

Brown has everyone on the west coast listed as an interest plus Louisville and others.... I did not see UT listed on hoopgurlz as an interest?? Is she really interested in UT? Ks. Is a long way! Just saying

Brown has everyone on the west coast listed as an interest plus Louisville and others.... I did not see UT listed on hoopgurlz as an interest?? Is she really interested in UT? Ks. Is a long way! Just saying

Yes we are still in her Final 7 and she has a former Lady Vol as an assistant on her high school team who once was the Head Coach at Wichita State and had Bridgete Gordon as one of her assistants there (Jody Adams-Birch) so I like our chances of possibly landing her (Brown).

Reactions: 1 person
Yes we are still in her Final 7 and she has a former Lady Vol as an assistant on her high school team who once was the Head Coach at Wichita State and had Bridgete Gordon as one of her assistants there (Jody Adams-Birch) so I like our chances of possibly landing her (Brown).

Would we take both Brown and Key? I suppose it’s first come first accept? I like the idea of Key having sister Teonni coming in 21 but you cannot depend on siblings going to same schools. Do you think we can get either Jackson or Beal as a wing?? Preference?

Would we take both Brown and Key? I suppose it’s first come first accept? I like the idea of Key having sister Teonni coming in 21 but you cannot depend on siblings going to same schools. Do you think we can get either Jackson or Beal as a wing?? Preference?

I prefer Brown over Key. Because of the Verbal commit we already have from the 6'5" (and still growing) Saunders who is likely to be a Top 50 prospect in the same class before it is said and done. I don't think both decide to come so I think it's whomever commits first but I could be wrong. If we do land both it's likely that we wont look at Post in the 2020 class.

Key is better offensively (around the rim) and a little quicker than Saunders but Key can't score from the outside like Saunders can.

Brown who is also 6'5 (some places list her at 6'6 and still growing as well) is also good outside shooter. Which would allow us to hopefully get away from the get it in the post offense because we would have 2 6'6" (or Taller players) who could shoot from anywhere on the court.

As far as Beal and Jackson I prefer Jackson because she can Play the 2, 3, and 4 spot. And that is what Holly is seeking Versatility where not one player is stuck playing 1 position.

I prefer Brown over Key. Because of the Verbal commit we already have from the 6'5" (and still growing) Saunders who is likely to be a Top 50 prospect in the same class before it is said and done. I don't think both decide to come so I think it's whomever commits first but I could be wrong. If we do land both it's likely that we wont look at Post in the 2020 class.

Key is better offensively (around the rim) and a little quicker than Saunders but Key can't score from the outside like Saunders can.

Brown who is also 6'5 (some places list her at 6'6 and still growing as well) is also good outside shooter. Which would allow us to hopefully get away from the get it in the post offense because we would have 2 6'6" (or Taller players) who could shoot from anywhere on the court.

As far as Beal and Jackson I prefer Jackson because she can Play the 2, 3, and 4 spot. And that is what Holly is seeking Versatility where not one player is stuck playing 1 position.

The only think that Saunders and Brown do better then Key is hit the outside shot. Other then that Key is a much needed player for Tenn she can score in the paint control the glass and block shots. And as for Brown we have no shot at her i think. I could be wrong but i just don`t see her and Holly system a match for each other. As for Saunders i agree she has 4 years to get better. But what we need right now is a post player that can hold there own.

The only think that Saunders and Brown do better then Key is hit the outside shot. Other then that Key is a much needed player for Tenn she can score in the paint control the glass and block shots. And as for Brown we have no shot at her i think. I could be wrong but i just don`t see her and Holly system a match for each other. As for Saunders i agree she has 4 years to get better. But what we need right now is a post player that can hold there own.

Just like you said Holly wouldn't have a shot at Goforth yesterday and yet she tweeted that she was happy to receive an offer from us.

I've seen Saunders and Key play and the way the game is transitioning to more of an international game, the traditional back to the basket Post aren't going to get it done.

We've witnessed two season of get it into the paint basketball and it doesn't work.

We've seen what Geno could do with Dolson and Charles who not only can play down low but can shoot from the outside.

I rather have the mismatch all across the board than 1 advantage.

Two 6'6" Post that can shoot the 3, good from the free throw line and block shots (and may I add are still growing) is better than 1 who has great offensive Footwork and touch around the rim but is limited when she is doubled team.

Just like you said Holly wouldn't have a shot at Goforth yesterday and yet she tweeted that she was happy to receive an offer from us.

I've seen Saunders and Key play and the way the game is transitioning to more of an international game, the traditional back to the basket Post aren't going to get it done.

We've witnessed two season of get it into the paint basketball and it doesn't work.

We've seen what Geno could do with Dolson and Charles who not only can play down low but can shoot from the outside.

Two 6'6" Post that can shoot the 3, good from the free throw line and block shots (and may I add are still growing) is better than 1 who has great offensive Footwork and touch around the rim but is limited when she is doubled team.

mlindsay: It`s all good and i respect you and opinion and i`m glad we are having this conversation. I never even heard of Goforth until someone posted the thread. And as for back to the basket Post player. We will all agree Dean Lockwood‏ is not a very good coach.

Anyone of the remaining post that we are recruiting will be fine. The big problem will still remain outside shooting from the perimeter. If some of the players on the roster can't develop a consistent outside shot then were still going to lose several games to teams that will just pack it in and watch us miss from the perimeter or turn it over trying to get it inside.

And as for back to the basket Post player. We will all agree Dean Lockwood‏ is not a very good coach.

I'm not sure who this "We" is, of whom you speak, but I do know that a number of people would disagree with this statement, including a number of present and former Lady Vol post players. Candace Parker, Izzy Harrison and Glory Johnson being several prime examples.

Jim

Reactions: 8 people

Who is Goforth? Never heard of her ?

Thanks.... a good read and information on some players I have not heard about. The author list Kennedy Brown as a 2020 recruit but I have her coming out in 2019??

Yes Kennedy Brown is in the class of 2019

Back off Baylor!!!

The coach at Baylor is going to have a problem making playtime for everyone! You can only play five at a time and they just added five recruits that gave them the #1 class! Just saying! Why would anyone who is a good recruite want to go sit on the bench and watch the game other than the ten or so minutes you might get to play???

The coach at Baylor is going to have a problem making playtime for everyone! You can only play five at a time and they just added five recruits that gave them the #1 class! Just saying! Why would anyone who is a good recruite want to go sit on the bench and watch the game other than the ten or so minutes you might get to play???

I agree, Baylor is absolutely loaded, they will have the most talent team next year. I would be surprised if they don't win it all next year. They got Aquira DeCosta that I thought Tennessee was going to get, she will be a great player.

Exactly and how many scholarships will they have left?

They took 3 in 2016 (Cox, Chou, Landrum)

They took 4 in 2017 (Richards, Morris, Ursin, Oliver)

They took 5 in 2018 (DeCosta, Egbo, Smith, Scott-Grayson, Bickle)

And they already have a verbal for 2019 (Oliver)

Kim (along with Jeff Waltz) are notorious for over recruiting and running players off to make room for someone else but I would think she'd be limited to how many more she could add

Were we in the running for her or something?!

I don’t think so ? But LSU and Auburn were and it seems like they always beat us lately. Another not so highly rated recruit that seems to get coached up to beat our AA players! Hopefully not for much longer? 😁

I don’t think so ? But LSU and Auburn were and it seems like they always beat us lately. Another not so highly rated recruit that seems to get coached up to beat our AA players! Hopefully not for much longer? 😁

😂😂😂😂 you guys never get enough I see!

*Changes into moderator clothing*

This is a 2019 LadyVol recruiting thread. Who cares who LSU and Auburn get. If they’re not being recruited by US, what’s the point of posting it?

VN Store

Back