LSU coach, what's the backstory

It's the Washington Post which is a liberal rag of a publication so consider the source when reading. I have no idea who the LSU coach is but the timing of the story and telling them they had a deadline to respond just before a game should give anyone pause.

It's the Washington Post which is a liberal rag of a publication so consider the source when reading. I have no idea who the LSU coach is but the timing of the story and telling them they had a deadline to respond just before a game should give anyone pause.
lol. He tried to interview her for two years. She said that herself. That's on her.

Sounds like the reporter got some stories from certain players, contacted others to confirm these stories and ask if they knew about anything else, and a couple of those former players reached out to Mulkey to let her know someone was asking questions that put her in a negative light. Whatever she thinks the story is about must be at least somewhat serious for her to lash out like this.

Where do you get your news, Ace? The Daily Podunk? My bet is that you've never read a good newspaper in your life.

Where do you get your news, Ace? The Daily Podunk? My bet is that you've never read a good newspaper in your life.
The Washington Post got caught in so many lies when Trump was in office, Sport. Sorry for the inconvenient truth. Try getting out of your echo chamber. NBC News just decided not to hire the former RNC chair because the liberals working there went into an uproar. It's a lot like China State Run media. ABC News has Clinton's former press secretary. CNN got caught rigging a debate for Hillary Clinton by telling her questions ahead of time. Facebook and Twitter got caught collaborating with the Biden White House. ETC... There is no reliable news and WAPO is the worst of the worst. Their fact checker got caught in lie after lie about Trump, Russia, Covid, Hunter's Laptop and everything else. Then when he was caught they just silently removed the fact checks that were wrong and issued no correction. My bet is you read all these liberal dish rags I listed above. Probably while sitting in a Starbucks sipping a double mocha under your face mask and through a metal reusable straw.

The Washington Post got caught in so many lies when Trump was in office, Sport. Sorry for the inconvenient truth. Try getting out of your echo chamber. NBC News just decided not to hire the former RNC chair because the liberals working there went into an uproar. It's a lot like China State Run media. ABC News has Clinton's former press secretary. CNN got caught rigging a debate for Hillary Clinton by telling her questions ahead of time. Facebook and Twitter got caught collaborating with the Biden White House. ETC... There is no reliable news and WAPO is the worst of the worst. Their fact checker got caught in lie after lie about Trump, Russia, Covid, Hunter's Laptop and everything else. Then when he was caught they just silently removed the fact checks that were wrong and issued no correction. My bet is you read all these liberal dish rags I listed above. Probably while sitting in a Starbucks sipping a double mocha under your face mask and through a metal reusable straw.
NBC reversed course over Rachel Maddow and Joe Scarborough squealing lol?

NBC Echo Chamber preserved.

List, with detail and nuance, all the lies the WAPO printed in their news. I'm not saying they haven't done it. I would love to see a list from YOU, and not some right wing source. Can you provide that info? It certainly would back up this post of yours

For a coach as obviously great as Kim Mulkey, I’m sure there are plenty of fantastic anecdotes from people who’ve interacted with her throughout her playing and coaching career. The woman is the definition of “larger than life,” after all.

But seriously, if she’s got skeletons in her closet and a reporter uncovers them, can someone explain to me how it’s some kind of “hit job” to pursue those stories? If she did something illegal/unethical/etc., she’s got nobody to blame but herself if it comes to light when a diligent investigative reporter pursues some leads. That’s the purpose of investigative journalism—it doesn’t matter if the subject is someone you like. I’m sure a lot of parties (including the Catholic Church) weren’t thrilled about the team at the Boston Globe looking into allegations of sexual abuse at the hands of their priests, but journalism brought out the ugly truth in the end.

Not suggesting Kim did anything REMOTELY on that level since we haven’t seen the story, but there’s no reason to call this a witch hunt.
I read it yesterday and I thought it was fine. Nothing scandalous or worthy of a lawsuit. Nothing terribly shocking either

U don’t find it interesting that they want to come out with this now, during the tournament?
When her team is playing and everyone is watching them? Are you also puzzled by all the other stories that come out in March related to teams playing in the tournament?

Reactions: n_huffhines
Not surprisingly you left out Fox news, who was just sued into oblivion and paid almost 800 million fine for telling lies on air.

Why is someone working on an article for two years? Sounds like a reporter with an agenda writing a hit piece.

Wtf. Some stories take time. The new season of Serial has taken them 9 years. It's called due diligence. This is a wild attempt to discredit.

The press hasn't liked Mulkey for a long time for personal and political reasons. She's had a target on her back for a long time because of various flippant statements about COVID, supposedly telling lesbian players at Baylor to not advertise their sexuality, and the thing that pushed it over the edge was the "no comment" when asked about Griner's arrest. All that, combined with her brash and outspoken nature, make it attractive for clicks.

This clip below is her in a nutshell. It's no wonder a publication like WaPo would want to go after her:

Reactions: BreatheUT
The press hasn't liked Mulkey for a long time for personal and political reasons. She's had a target on her back for a long time because of various flippant statements about COVID, supposedly telling lesbian players at Baylor to not advertise their sexuality, and the thing that pushed it over the edge was the "no comment" when asked about Griner's arrest.
Long way of saying "people don't like her because she does s***ty things constantly"

Reactions: Pennheel

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry calls for policy change after LSU women's basketball misses national anthem​

Landry suggested athletes could 'risk their athletic scholarship'​

Louisiana Gov. Jeff Landry urged state officials to enact a policy that requires student-athletes to be present for the national anthem after the LSU women’s basketball team received harsh backlash for missing the national anthem before its regional final game against Iowa Monday night.

The Republican governor became the latest figure to call out the Tigers for being noticeably absent during the national anthem.

"It is time that all college boards, including Regent, put a policy in place that student athletes be present for the national anthem or risk their athletic scholarship! This is a matter of respect that all collegiate coaches should instill."

The press hasn't liked Mulkey for a long time for personal and political reasons. She's had a target on her back for a long time because of various flippant statements about COVID, supposedly telling lesbian players at Baylor to not advertise their sexuality, and the thing that pushed it over the edge was the "no comment" when asked about Griner's arrest. All that, combined with her brash and outspoken nature, make it attractive for clicks.

This clip below is her in a nutshell. It's no wonder a publication like WaPo would want to go after her:

This. Some people are interested in trash pieces. It get their juices going. I actually like Mulkey even more now that she is being attacked by the Culture Club. Until now I didn't have an opinion on her besides her being a good coach. Now it's clear having a value system is offensive to people with little value systems.

Reactions: txbo
Long way of saying "people don't like her because she does s***ty things constantly"

So here not believing in the Covid death chant, telling her players to focus on basketball which is why they are there on scholarship, and not having an opinion on an ex player who was arrested on drug charges and was traded back for a guy called the merchant of death makes her a bad person huh?

She’s a basketball coach. She is paid to win games. She isn’t paid to push agendas.

VN Store

Back