Looks like we have a new QB

Haphazard thoughts:

1. I hope Butch doesn't feel pressured and is desperately taking what he hopes is immediate help in hope of wins to keep the rabid fans at bay. of course he could also just be bringing and keep an in-state talent back home.

2. I hope this QB is all he seems to be. BUT for those raving about him, you know naught whereof you speak. This guy hasn't played a down of SEC football. Thus hasn't dealt with the talent, speed, and skill of an SEC pass defense. What you see on video in no way indicates he's superior to Worley or possibly any of our current QBs.

3. Hate to say it but we will likely see at least one and maybe two of our QBs transfer this summer. My personal hope is that Dobbs doesn't, though I also think Peterman has a bigger upside than folks give him credit for.

4. But if the transfer(s) occur, it will be a smart move for The Butch to have an "experienced" QB to fall back on if that proves necessary.

5. As for those gushing that the UM guy is so much better than Worley, you're nuts. Time and again, smarter people than me have pointed out the obvious. Last year's WRs were clueless route runners. Not to mention all the drops even when the ball hit them in the numbers or squarely on the hands. Any one of our QBs today will be better due to the improved WR play.

6. Take a look at the UM games: University of Massachusetts Official Athletic Site - Football they didn't score a lot of points despite this "way better QB" you're gushing over. That alone is enough reason to not be throwing Worley or any of our QBs under the bus and for good measure the locomotive as well.

7. But if this guy got what it takes and comes in and light up our Vol lives, you won't get gripes from me. Until then, I'm adopting a Missouri attitude. knowhutimen?

Not gushing at all. Just listen to CBJ saying there is no clear cut leader in qb battle. This guy won't be wasting a scholly, if he can play better then the other qb's that will be great. I just want them to win.

Yeah, and Worley's wr talent much better then umass wr talent. It just looks like he has a much stronger and more accurate arm then anyone on the roster. Not saying he will beat anyone out, it just looks that way on film.

Worley's had better receivers but he's also gone up against better defenders.

As for Wegzyn, he's always had a very powerful arm but not a very accurate one:

* 2009 (Northville HS): 63-141 (45%) for 746 yards, 5 TDs & 8 INTs

* 2010 (Knox Catholic HS): 103-217 (47%) for 1,281 yards, 8 TDs & 6 INTs

* 2012 (UMass): 182-346 (53%) for 1,846 yards, 6 TDs & 10 INTs

* 2013 (UMass): 49-101 (49%) for 603 yards, 3 TDs & 7 INTs

Wegzyn had 9 more INTs than TDs in his last 4 years of play. While he's a good get as a walk-on, I wonder if this development will sway Devin Smith to go elsewhere.

Last edited:
I'm thinking Peterman has got to be seriously looking for a transfer after today.

This young man was awarded a scholarship to play quarterback at an FBS program, started as quarterback for over a year, earned his bachelor’s degree in three years, now gets to transfer to his, and our, dream school, play football and take graduate level classes.

All very impressive accomplishments that I would be willing to bet most on this board have never experienced. Sadly, these are also the very reasons why many of you are bashing him.

Agree with above 100%. Young man will be a true VFL, has a chance to be a letterman welcomed back to Lettermans club for the next 50 years. Something none of us on this board can say. Welcome back to my University and now yours young man. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Haphazard thoughts:

1. I hope Butch doesn't feel pressured and is desperately taking what he hopes is immediate help in hope of wins to keep the rabid fans at bay. of course he could also just be bringing and keep an in-state talent back home.

2. I hope this QB is all he seems to be. BUT for those raving about him, you know naught whereof you speak. This guy hasn't played a down of SEC football. Thus hasn't dealt with the talent, speed, and skill of an SEC pass defense. What you see on video in no way indicates he's superior to Worley or possibly any of our current QBs.

3. Hate to say it but we will likely see at least one and maybe two of our QBs transfer this summer. My personal hope is that Dobbs doesn't, though I also think Peterman has a bigger upside than folks give him credit for.

4. But if the transfer(s) occur, it will be a smart move for The Butch to have an "experienced" QB to fall back on if that proves necessary.

5. As for those gushing that the UM guy is so much better than Worley, you're nuts. Time and again, smarter people than me have pointed out the obvious. Last year's WRs were clueless route runners. Not to mention all the drops even when the ball hit them in the numbers or squarely on the hands. Any one of our QBs today will be better due to the improved WR play.

6. Take a look at the UM games: University of Massachusetts Official Athletic Site - Football they didn't score a lot of points despite this "way better QB" you're gushing over. That alone is enough reason to not be throwing Worley or any of our QBs under the bus and for good measure the locomotive as well.

7. But if this guy got what it takes and comes in and light up our Vol lives, you won't get gripes from me. Until then, I'm adopting a Missouri attitude. knowhutimen?
I have a feeling Butch is thinking the same thing, which is why he is adding someone just in case.

Isn't the normal transfer direction BCS to lower level conference? No chance this kid sees PT ever,but nice to have him home.

VN Store

Back