Looks like we have a new QB

Wegzyn will have much better coaching than what I imagined he received at UMass. Even if he remains on the scout team playing QB I'm sure he'll grow more under this staff. I definitely think he can help our secondary. It's hard to say this when I'm not in that person's shoes but if I'm given the chance to join the squad at Tennessee I would give it some serious consideration. I wish him all the luck in the world! Godspeed!

Last edited:
I see way too many idiots that more than likely said the same thing about Dooley. Knowing full well he doesn't have the skill set to perform the job; you blindly support him based on nothing more than his commitment to be a Vol. Hey, great he wants to be a Vol. Can he step in and do the job at UT in the SEC after being a 2nd string UMass QB? Hell No! Cmon people!

Reactions: 1 person
I'm thinking walk-on. He apparently already graduated, and he's from Knoxville (played for Catholic).

At any rate, I want to say "Welcome to the Vols"! If our staff decides to take him, that's good enough for me (whether he's a walk-on or not)!

Go Vols!

I see way too many idiots that more than likely said the same thing about Dooley. Knowing full well he doesn't have the skill set to perform the job; you blindly support him based on nothing more than his commitment to be a Vol. Hey, great he wants to be a Vol. Can he step in and do the job at UT in the SEC after being a 2nd string UMass QB? Hell No! Cmon people!
:jpshakehead:

cause Dooley and this kids situation is exactly the same thing…:jpshakehead:

I believe the family is originally from Michigan. Brother played here as a walk-on -- I think. The only reason I know this, I believe, is because the brother used to hook up with a frat rat I knew and he left some, um, interesting comments on her Facebook wall that became a running joke for a few months.

Oh, I miss college...

CBJ not happy with his qb's so it's being said. One more to the mix want hurt.

This young man was awarded a scholarship to play quarterback at an FBS program, started as quarterback for over a year, earned his bachelor’s degree in three years, now gets to transfer to his, and our, dream school, play football and take graduate level classes.

All very impressive accomplishments that I would be willing to bet most on this board have never experienced. Sadly, these are also the very reasons why many of you are bashing him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
This kid made throws in this video that I haven't seen any qb on the roster make. Just sayin.

I agree. I am not bashing at all, but speed kills and that is the difference in the SEC versus the rest of the NCAA.

It will be interesting to see if this transfer can play in the SEC. I anticipate a lot of growing pains unless he has it.

This kid made throws in this video that I haven't seen any qb on the roster make. Just sayin.

Holy crap....this guy blows Worely out of the water.

He makes plays and throws in this video against decent competition that Worely could only dream of....and he has an actual arm.

Unless Ferguson is the truth...this guy will make an instant impact at UT and will be starting at some point in the season. Umass or not...this kid has arm skills way above Worely and Dobbs level.

We all saw the immediate impact Russell Wilson had at Wisky after transferring late from NC State....this kid aint no Wilson, but point is he obviously has enough skills to make a quick impact.

I am hoping Ferguson is the real deal, though, but this kid looks leagues better than anyhting I saw out of Worely and Dobbs. Umass or not the guy has some talent.

This makes sense.

The guys has a much better arm than Worely and Dobbs and you guys are saying scout team????

Did I miss something?

Neither Worely nor Dobbs can make anywhere close to thew level of throws this kid made in the video...i understand wanting to support current players, but let's face it besides MAYBE Ferguson our current QBs are extremely average.

He has to learn the playbook. He has to develop chemistry with the receivers. He has to earn the team's trust. That's a lot to expect of a last minute teammate. But if he's all he seems to be, come home, bring the wins along.

The guys has a much better arm than Worely and Dobbs and you guys are saying scout team????

Did I miss something?

Neither Worely nor Dobbs can make anywhere close to thew level of throws this kid made in the video...i understand wanting to support current players, but let's face it besides MAYBE Ferguson our current QBs are extremely average.

* Wegzyn's career efficiency rating vs. UMass competition: 96.34

* Worley's career efficiency rating vs. SEC competition: 113.85

* Wegzyn's career efficiency rating vs. UMass competition: 96.34

* Worley's career efficiency rating vs. SEC competition: 113.85

Yeah, and Worley's wr talent much better then umass wr talent. It just looks like he has a much stronger and more accurate arm then anyone on the roster. Not saying he will beat anyone out, it just looks that way on film.

Yeah, and Worley's wr talent much better then umass wr talent. It just looks like he has a much stronger and more accurate arm then anyone on the roster. Not saying he will beat anyone out, it just looks that way on film.

Haphazard thoughts:

1. I hope Butch doesn't feel pressured and is desperately taking what he hopes is immediate help in hope of wins to keep the rabid fans at bay. of course he could also just be bringing and keep an in-state talent back home.

2. I hope this QB is all he seems to be. BUT for those raving about him, you know naught whereof you speak. This guy hasn't played a down of SEC football. Thus hasn't dealt with the talent, speed, and skill of an SEC pass defense. What you see on video in no way indicates he's superior to Worley or possibly any of our current QBs.

3. Hate to say it but we will likely see at least one and maybe two of our QBs transfer this summer. My personal hope is that Dobbs doesn't, though I also think Peterman has a bigger upside than folks give him credit for.

4. But if the transfer(s) occur, it will be a smart move for The Butch to have an "experienced" QB to fall back on if that proves necessary.

5. As for those gushing that the UM guy is so much better than Worley, you're nuts. Time and again, smarter people than me have pointed out the obvious. Last year's WRs were clueless route runners. Not to mention all the drops even when the ball hit them in the numbers or squarely on the hands. Any one of our QBs today will be better due to the improved WR play.

6. Take a look at the UM games: University of Massachusetts Official Athletic Site - Football they didn't score a lot of points despite this "way better QB" you're gushing over. That alone is enough reason to not be throwing Worley or any of our QBs under the bus and for good measure the locomotive as well.

7. But if this guy got what it takes and comes in and light up our Vol lives, you won't get gripes from me. Until then, I'm adopting a Missouri attitude. knowhutimen?

VN Store

Back