Looks like we have a new QB

Some of y'all really suck. This kid is excited to be living his dream, and some are trashing him before he ever gets to campus. Can't we just say welcome and leave at that, or better yet just keep negative thoughts to self!!!! Welcome aboard young man, hope you have a great time and live your dream!!! Proud your good enough to get a look!!!! GBO

Reactions: 10 people
Inclined to agree with the "WTF?" crowd.

However, since none of the four have gone through spring practice and been named a starter, perhaps this kid can come in and take over, or the extra competition can cause one of these guys to push the envelope, and become the alpha dog.

In any case, welcome home Mike. Let's see what you got!

Reactions: 1 person
Some of y'all really suck. This kid is excited to be living his dream, and some are trashing him before he ever gets to campus. Can't we just say welcome and leave at that, or better yet just keep negative thoughts to self!!!! Welcome aboard young man, hope you have a great time and live your dream!!! Proud your good enough to get a look!!!! GBO

That is like asking for snow in the amazon. There are too many around here who had a mommy that didn't love them.

Nobody wishes any ill will towards the kid. However, most would agree that a 2 star, 2nd string, UMASS QB isnt exactly raising the bar and resetting our standard of excellence at UT. I hope he does well but to not scratch your head a bit is being naive.

Reactions: 2 people
Nobody wishes any ill will towards the kid. However, most would agree that a 2 star, 2nd string, UMASS QB isnt exactly raising the bar and resetting our standard of excellence at UT. I hope he does well but to not scratch your head a bit is being naive.

He didn't steal your lunch money

Well I'm sure this won't effect the depth chart guessing game! Lolol. These coaches are mindf****** this fanbase.

How is it we need another QB?

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Matt Simms, or Crompton, or whoever else had an extra year of eligibility and showed up tomorrow with the 1st team. Coaches have hit home runs with virtually EVERY position....except the most important one. 😬

This kid has more experience than 3 of the QB's on our roster. It's not a stretch to say if our starter went down that this kid might get a shot.

Reactions: 2 people
congrats on becoming a vol.

he'll help with depth, competition, scouting other teams, and keeping our GPA up where it needs to be!

Reactions: 1 person
Any experienced QB would be useful for causing the defensive guys to play smart and for not screwing up like rookies would during game prep, whether he ever starts or even comes in late in a game or if he doesn't. Experience is valuable from the perspective of any smart coach, particularly at the most critical position in the game, and I have no doubt that CBJ is a smart coach. Welcome, young man. Your contributions in the future are going to be appreciated.

VN Store

Back