Looks Like The 'AA Has Declared Open Season On Phonies.

Shouldnt Tressel be in the same hot water a Pearl ? just asking.
Seems like to me Tressels hot water should be real hot.
I know Pearl is in trouble

How many times a day do you post negs on Pearl. Count just the last 48 hours. Wow!Your posts are all pretty much the same.

That's particularly funny coming from someone with his head permanently placed up king Bruce and krispy kreme's ass.

Agree and I would think he'd have to be. Amazed but shouldn't be surprised that there is little media scrutiny of OSU. I can't believe Tressel will survive once AA has their say, they will have to file unethical conduct. How can't they pursue Kiffin and Ogre and let a guy with a decade of questionable issues skate? I want someone to ask Gordon Gee about his "I will have zero tolerance" comment referring to compliance. Yesterday he sure sounded like a diff man. The real question appears to be if Tressel fires Gee and the AD, Smith. Gov Kasich should be careful too before Tressel dismisses him
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Marcus Vick isn't one of the ten worst guys he's had. Check his players arrest rates. He makes Fulmer look like a disciplinarian. Also, hard to have an academic scandal when the Tidewater secondary schools and the Va. Tech administration are all complicit.

Tough to judge a coach by those standards. Any competitive football program is going to have a robust list of (1) shady characters and (2) guys that are really dumb. Comes with the territory.

It's gotta be more about how they landed (their players) than who they landed. I'm not implying that Beamer runs a clean program. I'd actually be quite surprised if he did. But he has done a good job of not getting caught.

Hat, if Pearl is gone after the season, how bad do you think Tennessee will be punished by the NCAA?

Not really the 'shock n awe' feeling I was looking for though because of the allegations before their bowl game. I'm thinking someone like Billy D or Matt Painter. That truly would be icing on the cake

I like Billy Donovan, regardless of his coaching our rival. I wish him no ill will other than to lose when it serves us best.

Tough to judge a coach by those standards. Any competitive football program is going to have a robust list of (1) shady characters and (2) guys that are really dumb. Comes with the territory.

It's gotta be more about how they landed (their players) than who they landed. I'm not implying that Beamer runs a clean program. I'd actually be quite surprised if he did. But he has done a good job of not getting caught.

I am trying to recall the name of the Va Tech d linemen who was one of dirtiest players ever. Took huge cheapshots VS Louisville in bowl game 5 years ago or so. DeAngelo Hall is another all star for them. ClaSsy guy. W Va had 2 players few yrs ago that I will never believe qualified for college

I hate to say it but College atheletics has gotten way outa hand.... Its dirty and turned into a business..

I hate to say it but College atheletics has gotten way outa hand.... Its dirty and turned into a business..

It's always been that way. Nothing has changed from improper gifts and point shaving in the early years to all the things we have now. It's part of it and it will always be around.

And funny it seems to still bring coach cals name up when in fact the man has not been mentioned in anything remotely credible by the media. The NCAA is not in lexington. Fix your own program before you call out others.

And funny it seems to still bring coach cals name up when in fact the man has not been mentioned in anything remotely credible by the media. The NCAA is not in lexington. Fix your own program before you call out others.

So, Calipari is just always at the wrong program at the wrong time, then?

It's always been that way. Nothing has changed from improper gifts and point shaving in the early years to all the things we have now. It's part of it and it will always be around.

UK is the one of the dirtiest, if not the dirtiest program in the history of the NCAA. So, don't sit here and like UK is above reproach in the cheating department because we both know that's complete garbage.

UK is the one of the dirtiest, if not the dirtiest program in the history of the NCAA. So, don't sit here and like UK is above reproach in the cheating department because we both know that's complete garbage.
Come on lawvol. They're just the victims of the media here. It's not like they worship a coach that was in charge of the program when they received the death penalty or anything like that.

Fact #1: We have cheated like MF's during multiple coaching tenures.

Fact #2: UK fans favorite quote, Al Davis said it best, "just win baby win."

I've hit the worst offenders already. If asked for a few more, I'd name Craig Robinson and Darrin Horn in basketball and Dumbo Fisher and Chip Kelly in football.

I've noticed you never have Calamari on your list. Do you really think he is sqeaky clean? 2 programs with wins vacated.

Is that really the arguement you want to make??? Let's look at history...

Umass= PROBATION

Memphis= PROBATION

What is the common factor here??? Your beloved Coach Cal. It's just a matter of time, so keep talking about how we need to fix our program and ignore the fact that yours will be in the same boat soon enough.

The only thing that separates Coach Cal and Coach K is the fact that the NCAA swept K's issues under the rug.

"Reality"- google it and get back to us. May also want to look into your football program getting caught chating a decade ago and still couldn't land the players or beat UT.

Is that really the arguement you want to make??? Let's look at history...

Umass= PROBATION
Memphis= PROBATION
What is the common factor here??? Your beloved Coach Cal. It's just a matter of time, so keep talking about how we need to fix our program and ignore the fact that yours will be in the same boat soon enough.
UMASS was never put on probation and Calipari was specifically exonerated of any wrongdoing. Like it or not, those are the facts.

I've noticed you never have Calamari on your list. Do you really think he is sqeaky clean? 2 programs with wins vacated.
When has John ever tried to pass himself off as some kind of paragon of virtue?

When has John ever tried to pass himself off as some kind of paragon of virtue?

I can agree with that. Since I have lived here in Lex I have seen that fans act like he is a paragon of virtue, but I don't see Cal as a phony who tries to foster that image. Not saying he is squeaky clean because I don't believe he is. However, he doesn't act like a beacon of integrity such as Tressel nor has he been flaunting his "do it the right way" principles like Pearl has when he discussed the Deon Thomas affair, almost like he was a martyr that was willing to sacrifice career for the sake of what was right. I do have more respect for him in some ways since I moved here, not a fan by any means but I do respect him more than our bball coach. Can't wait to get hammered for that comment

Last edited:

If being suspended for what was it the first two games of the season and all before ANY conference games is Hot water, I would take it.... gee seems to me he is getting off easy, and if that is the sights the AA are using to gun down "THE CHEATERS" they must aiming at Pearl with a 6o caliber and aiming at Tressel with a pea shooter

Last edited:

VN Store

Back