Looks Like The 'AA Has Declared Open Season On Phonies.

That scenario won't play out. Tressel won't be the Ohio State coach by the time the 2012 season kicks off.
Do you think this is as bad as Todd McNair not saying anything about Reggie Bush? It's not quite as bad in some ways, but in other ways, I think it's worse.

Come on down, he just didn't know who to partner with regarding the situation. Sooo, he decided not to partner with any one and continue to play the players.

I hope you're right about OSU and Tressel, but my confidence in NCAA is not that high. A far as I know, nothing was done to either Floyd or Carroll, although both voluntarily left before the hammer fell. I believe OSU will have to forfeit its 2010 games (not the Bowl) and that will be that, along with the self imposed sanctions. OSU may have to forfeit the Bowl game or face a one year bowl ban. As I understand it, Floyd went straight to UTEP, after a year layoff because he had "lost his enthusiasm", after being caught giving money to a middleman for Mayo. No show cause there-he never admitted anything. As far I as I know, Floyd is no dirtier under NCAA eyes than Cal, and Kentucky's powers that be would have no issue hiring him if they thought he could bring home a winner. I don't know of anything that would prevent Pete Carroll from coaching college football. If Tressel continues to clam up and admits no guilt, he has nothing to worry about either, except for the forfeited games and the 2 game ban.

I thought USC's internal investigation revealed that OJ Mayo did receive improper benefits and that Floyd was an active participant in assuring that the benefits were received by Mayo.

The list of coaches who have knowingly played ineligible players and ultimately retained their job is pretty damn short, to the point of being nonexistent.

Point taken. I was just not quite sure if you had access to other information that convinced you.

Thanks for responding.

He seems clean, but I think espn is too smitten with him and Duke to ever let that happen even if he wasn't.

I've been thinking for a couple minutes if there is a coach anywhere in big time college football or hoops that would truly surprise me if they were breaking the rules in one way or another and have come up with nothing... Coach K, Frank Beamer, and Joe Pa are the only ones that I was close on.

Beamer has never won anything so they really have no reason to think he's done anything wrong.

I thought USC's internal investigation revealed that OJ Mayo did receive improper benefits and that Floyd was an active participant in assuring that the benefits were received by Mayo.
That isn't true at all. Floyd was exonerated and that's why he's employed today.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

The list of coaches who have knowingly played ineligible players and ultimately retained their job is pretty damn short, to the point of being nonexistent.

Gene Stallings got in a season before calling it quits after the Antonio Langham findings.

I think had he wanted to he could have stuck around awhile longer...

That's the only case I can think of.

Maybe you could take a little time, then to clean up wikipedia as it concerns USC Men's Basketball. Here's the quote for you so that you can get started.
"Trojans finished the 2007–08 season with a record of 21–12. However, on January 3, 2010, the University concluded its internal investigation over allegations that Mayo received improper benefits during his stay at USC in 2007-2008. The University concluded that Mayo did receive improper benefits and that Head Coach Tim Floyd was an active participant in ensuring that Mayo continued to receive money and gifts on behalf of a sports agent, in violation of NCAA rules. Therefore, USC declared Mayo ineligible to play in 2007-2008, and USC Basketball has voluntarily vacated all regular season wins from the 2007-2008 season."

Maybe you could take a little time, then to clean up wikipedia as it concerns USC Men's Basketball. Here's the quote for you so that you can get started.
"Trojans finished the 2007–08 season with a record of 21–12. However, on January 3, 2010, the University concluded its internal investigation over allegations that Mayo received improper benefits during his stay at USC in 2007-2008. The University concluded that Mayo did receive improper benefits and that Head Coach Tim Floyd was an active participant in ensuring that Mayo continued to receive money and gifts on behalf of a sports agent, in violation of NCAA rules. Therefore, USC declared Mayo ineligible to play in 2007-2008, and USC Basketball has voluntarily vacated all regular season wins from the 2007-2008 season."
That's wrong, period. If not, there's not a chance he's coaching in college today.

That isn't true at all. Floyd was exonerated and that's why he's employed today.
Don't bother. The letter from the 'AA to Tim's lawyer exonerating him has been posted here. Liars gonna lie and morons gonna be morons. Don't further confuse them with facts.

You can change the history in Wikipedia if you like. I've given you the quote for you so that it can be corrected. Go for it. Some of the other articles which will be more difficult to change.

You can change the history in Wikipedia if you like. I've given you the quote for you so that it can be corrected. Go for it. Some of the other articles which will be more difficult to change.
I don't know if you think Floyd did get caught paying money, but you have to realize he wouldn't be coaching right now if true.

I don't know if you think Floyd did get caught paying money, but you have to realize he wouldn't be coaching right now if true.
Remember who you're directing that post at. He's proven time and time again here that he doesn't have to realize anything.

Anyone that wants can read the quote. If it is inaccurate, then change it. Don't know why you're so hot at me. Again type in goggle, USC Trojan's Men's basketball. Click Wikipedia. READ. Then change the inaccuracy if you like. It was cut and pasted to my post here.

Anyone that wants can read the quote. If it is inaccurate, then change it. Don't know why you're so hot at me. Again type in goggle, USC Trojan's Men's basketball. Click Wikipedia. READ. Then change the inaccuracy if you like. It was cut and pasted to my post here.
Looks like the post you quoted claimed the university found that. Maybe their idiot AD claimed that. Either way, the NCAA didn't agree.

Maybe Floyd would like UT over UTEP. Seems we courted him once before. Maybe he could clean up our program.

VN Store

Back