Looks Like The 'AA Has Declared Open Season On Phonies.

Just out of complete curiosity, are there any other coaches you do consider to be frauds/phonies (that haven't been exposed yet)?

Last edited:
Frank Beamer? The guy who has built his career around players who other schools wouldn't touch academically, yet always seem to find a way to get admitted in Blacksburg?
He's a very overrated coach, too. He's been in two dumpster fires of a conference in his 20 years at VT and produced 1 real national title contender.

Never been caught cheating though, to my knowledge has never been accused of it either..Never really had any kind of academic scandal. The most questionable thing he had was Marcus Vick, who he eventually kicked off the team.

His players may not be the brightest, but VT isn't exactly Penn or Cornell... its really not even UF or any BigTen school either academically. Before the late 90's when they became nationally relevant in football their academic standards were virtually nonexistent.
What argument are you trying to make here?

Just out of complete curiosity, are there any other coaches you do consider to be frauds/phonies (that haven't been exposed yet)?
I've hit the worst offenders already. If asked for a few more, I'd name Craig Robinson and Darrin Horn in basketball and Dumbo Fisher and Chip Kelly in football.

I agree with OP, but as I understand it, Tressel got in YahooSports crosshairs. I am no authority by any means, but I have a feeling the AA wouldn't touch Tressel had yahoo not exposed this. Seems to me that investigative journalists do the jobs of some compliance offices and AA. Again, I could be dead wrong, just my perception
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've hit the worst offenders already. If asked for a few more, I'd name Craig Robinson and Darrin Horn in basketball and Dumbo Fisher and Chip Kelly in football.

Craig Robinson? I think I may know of his bro in law. He and Horn cheat? Sad they can't get more fruit from their efforts

Craig Robinson? I think I may know of his bro in law. He and Horn cheat? Sad they can't get more fruit from their efforts
I better throw Jeff Capel in there, too. I'd hate to leave him off such a list.

I take it the phony part bothers you much more than the cheating? Just wondering because I know you have a lot of respect for Barry Switzer, who I believe was pretty open about what happened.

Bruce Pearl is on his way to the career gallows. Jim Tressel is in the crosshairs. Now, Scott Drew is about to get his. I never thought I would ever say this, keep it up 'AA. Stack those frauds and hypocrites as high as you can. I suggest Travis Ford as your next victim.

I was thinking the same thing. Too bad that UT has to be one of the schools to suffer through it, but I'm thrilled that this is actually happening.

Can we name a HC from Coach K's coaching tree that hasn't been investigated? Is he teaching them everything EXCEPT how to get away with it?

Sounds like a bunch of guys that just want all coaches destroyed if they are not as pure as Jesus. Maybe there is some morose humor in this thread and a lot of us just don't get it. Humor too dark for ordinary humans. Humor that sets the NegaVols apart. Or did all of you get cut from the JV team and decide to hate coaches from there on.

Sounds like a bunch of guys that just want all coaches destroyed if they are not as pure as Jesus. Maybe there is some morose humor in this thread and a lot of us just don't get it. Humor too dark for ordinary humans. Humor that sets the NegaVols apart. Or did all of you get cut from the JV team and decide to hate coaches from there on.

I have to quit expecting your posts have hit rock bottom. As ridiculously stupid as this one was, you'll be sure to top it.

I have to quit expecting your posts have hit rock bottom. As ridiculously stupid as this one was, you'll be sure to top it.

How many times a day do you post negs on Pearl. Count just the last 48 hours. Wow!Your posts are all pretty much the same.

How many times a day do you post negs on Pearl. Count just the last 48 hours. Wow!Your posts are all pretty much the same.

That last one had nothing to do with Pearl. Neither does this one. Both are intended to insult your intelligence and your propensity of being wrong.

I was cut. Thanks for bringing back that painful memory. Now, I have bitterness towards Alaska too

VN Store

Back