Looks Like Oku Had A Good Weekend

This thread is brutal. a blame game on Fulmer vs. Kiffin then a Daniel Hood argument. yikes

No doubt. I'm afraid the major shenanigans all began out of my post which listed the legal troubles of the recruiting class of 09.

Then began the game of who was more responsible for the problems in that class.

Then began the exception of those who didn't think Hood belonged on that list.

Threads derail in the blink of an eye around here. People get so personal if they disagree with something. It's hard to have reasonable discourse when people just start screaming.

Another Kiffin thug, I will be glad when all ties are completely cut from Kiffy and his cronies

Jackson,Teague and Bray came from Kiffin's class he recruited. It's hard to type Kiffin and class in the same sentence. Which i believe made the job Dooley did the first year all the more better. With what he had to work with. And Dooley and his coaches recruited the right way.

Surely adding 20-30 pounds onto a small frame wouldn't make him any slower.

You're right. He was great. It's all on the staff for making him gain weight. His attitude, vision, abilitiy to see/feel the hole and hit it and his overall aggressiveness when approaching defenders is not his fault. It had nothing to do with his displeasure in the whole recruiting process, him being away from home, kiffin leaving and him wanting to play for someone else the minute Kiffin left.
Everything while on campus was exactly how Kiffin told him it would be? Wrong. It wasn't and he couldn't handle it, especially after the coaching change and how it went down, which affected his attitude on and off the field.

He was demoted because the staff made him get too big.

How did Hood get dragged into this? From what I hear on this site he hasn't done anything but bleed orange since he arrived on campus.
+1, Hood did something very stupid when he was young. He has paid for his mistake and from everything I have heard is a good man now. Love when people through stones from a glass house.

You're right. He was great. It's all on the staff for making him gain weight. His attitude, vision, abilitiy to see/feel the hole and hit it and his overall aggressiveness when approaching defenders is not his fault. It had nothing to do with his displeasure in the whole recruiting process, him being away from home, kiffin leaving and him wanting to play for someone else the minute Kiffin left.
Everything while on campus was exactly how Kiffin told him it would be? Wrong. It wasn't and he couldn't handle it, especially after the coaching change and how it went down, which affected his attitude on and off the field.

You know sarcasm is strong when it's crystal clear in print form.

I realize that but it's funny how he's only listed as a Kiffin thug

You can always say this when a coach is only around for a year. He's a slimeball and the buck stops with him when it comes to the LOI's that he accepted.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You know sarcasm is strong when it's crystal clear in print form.

I really don't hold anything against the kid and don't blame a player for leaving after a coaching change. I also want to see what really happened with this case.
I also know that problems on the field can cause problems off and vice versa. Oku has been in a spiral since Kiffin left and I hope this is the bottom for him. You don't need to know him personally to notice:
--He was a top 5 back, according to ratings
--He got worse, much worse.
--His work ethic was questioned by the staff
--He was demoted to 3rd string
--He lost aggressiveness and instinct
--He asked for and received a release (mainly because his parents led him the right direction and he did it like he was supposed to)
--He stayed in Knoxville instead of taking the next step to transfer and get on campus somewhere
--He's been arrested now.
I just don't blame all of that on weight gain to be an everydown back.

You don't need to know him personally to notice:
--He was a top 5 back, according to ratings
--He got worse, much worse.
--His work ethic was questioned by the staff
--He was demoted to 3rd string
--He lost aggressiveness and instinct
--He asked for and received a release (mainly because his parents led him the right direction and he did it like he was supposed to)
--He stayed in Knoxville instead of taking the next step to transfer and get on campus somewhere
--He's been arrested now.
I just don't blame all of that on weight gain to be an everydown back.

Nor do I, my friend. I think you are largely on the money. Spiral sounds about right.

Your theory about Kiffin lying to screw him over makes worlds more sense.

And let's back things up a bit. I said he got worse on kickoff returns, which were his biggest contribution prior, in part because he put on weight. All this other dumbness tumbled out of your brain.

Last edited:

Try and at least be consistent when you're trying to make someone else look bad.

For this particular instance, nobody but oku is to blame, but IMO, the lying, misleading, etc from kiffin put a lot of these recruits in situations that have opened doors for them to screw up. Confusion, mistrust and attitudes abound. Can't wait till the final pf/kiffin viruses are oot.

Yup. Recruiting promises leading to domestic assault is a perfectly logical progression of events, but weight gain hurting a returner's speed is preposterous. Fire up the faildozer.

Then decommitted until well after NSD only to be reeled in by the one and only Kifftard.

What is the deal with people thinking disabilities is funny,sorry but I just don't get it,now if I got on here and made racial statements I would get flamed.but why, it's still making fun of someone for being different.just don't understand?

Last edited:
Your theory about Kiffin lying to screw him over makes worlds more sense.

And let's back things up a bit. I said he got worse on kickoff returns, which were his biggest contribution prior, in part because he put on weight. All this other dumbness tumbled out of your brain.

I didn't say kiffin purposely lied to screw him over. You are a guru. Learn to read better. Kiffins rosy promises didn't pan out for him and he didn't handle the change well. Now this. Its not rocket science. What you call dumbness, I call basic common sense and human responses to adversity. Yet you blame his last 1.5 years on weight gain. I'm happy to have a differing opinion with you here. Sounds like you are from the pass the blame generation.

what is the deal with people thinking disabilities is funny,sorry but i just don't get it,now if i got on here and made racial statements i would get flamed.but why, it's still making fun of someone for being different.just don't understand?

+100000000

I didn't say kiffin purposely lied to screw him over. You are a guru. Learn to read better. Kiffins rosy promises didn't pan out for him and he didn't handle the change well. Now this. Its not rocket science. What you call dumbness, I call basic common sense and human responses to adversity. Yet you blame his last 1.5 years on weight gain. I'm happy to have a differing opinion with you here. Sounds like you are from the pass the blame generation.

I blame his decrease in production on kickoff returns in part on his weight gain. You blame virtually everything on Kiffin, but I'm passing the blame. I'll stick to my guns on this one, brainiac.

You're laying the blame of Oku's poor decisions at Kiffin's feet.

My first sentence and post on this thread says this is on oku. I can't be more clear than that. Kiffins departure started and downward turn for oku. I just don't think that's very debatable.

My first sentence and post on this thread says this is on oku. I can't be more clear than that. Kiffins departure started and downward turn for oku. I just don't think that's very debatable.

He wasn't exactly dominant in 2009.

I blame his decrease in production on kickoff returns in part on his weight gain. You blame virtually everything on Kiffin, but I'm passing the blame. I'll stick to my guns on this one, brainiac.

Reread the thread, including my statements, then pm me if you have any questions. You are in over your head here, and your childish comments like dumbness and brainiac show as much, guru.

Blame oku. I don't like a lot of what pf did for many years, but blaming him when he never coached the kid is silly. He verbally committed to pf 3 yrs ago, never played for him, is now in trouble, and its on pf? Weak.

My first post, for the guru stating I blame it all on kiffin. Wanna make up anything else for dramatic effect or throw out little sarcastic names? Feel free.

For this particular instance, nobody but oku is to blame, but IMO, the lying, misleading, etc from kiffin put a lot of these recruits in situations that have opened doors for them to screw up. Confusion, mistrust and attitudes abound. Can't wait till the final pf/kiffin viruses are oot.

You can spin it however you want it, but you're just reaching in a ridiculous attempt to pile stuff on Kiffin. The quoted statement is dumb and that's the end of it.

My first post, for the guru stating I blame it all on kiffin. Wanna make up anything else for dramatic effect or throw out little sarcastic names? Feel free.

Now find the post where I blame his downfall on weight gain. Thanks in advance.

The best thing about the guru tag is when people get all upset about it.

I don't blame you for getting upset. It isn't your fault at all. The mods opened the door for you to get worked up when they put that guru tag on me.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back