Looks Like Oku Had A Good Weekend

Darren Myles didn't hit a cop. If we've got only 7 in one class that are involved in some shady dealings, we're probably below our decade average.

And I'd have a real hard time referring to either Myles or Brown as "scum" based on what is known about them currently. Oku, as well.

Last edited:
Like what? How did any of that "open a door" for domestic assault?

I don't know the details of what truly happened and will reserve judgement. I also said "several recruits" and not just oku. However, he came to Knoxville, kiffin bailed, and oku hasn't been the same on or off the field. That seems obvious to me.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't know the details of what truly happened and will reserve judgement. I also said "several recruits" and not just oku. However, he came to Knoxville, kiffin bailed, and oku hasn't been the same on or off the field. That seems obvious to me.

You know what he was like off the field prior to Kiffin's departure, or what he was like in the time between that and this latest incident? It should also be fairly obvious that he was asked to gain to become more of an every down type back after Bryce Brown departed. It clearly didn't suit him and seemed to negatively impact the best aspect of his game, kickoff returns. Also, as Neal developed, I suppose Oku saw the writing on the wall that he was about to be third string with several talented underclassmen nipping at his heels. Thus, he decided to leave.

Darren Myles didn't hit a cop. If we've got only 7 in one class that are involved in some shady dealings, we're probably below our decade average.

And I'd have a real hard time referring to either Myles or Brown as "scum" based on what is known about them currently. Oku, as well.

Darren Myles may not have hit the off duty guy at the bar, but he most certainly hit on-duty officer Brian Greenlee in the face in part of his flee from police, hide under cars extravaganza.

Myles has been arrested multiple times and struck a police officer trying to flee. What exactly would make him scum in your eyes?

UT football players Da'Rick Rogers and Darren Myles, Jr., charged after fight at Bar Knoxville on Cumberland Avenue strip; off-duty police officer assaulted | wbir.com

"The UTPD officer's affidavit states that the officer identified himself to Myles as a police officer at Bar Knoxville. Darren Myles then fled from him on foot towards Lake Avenue. The officer made contact with Myles and attempted to place him into custody. Myles then broke free from the officer's grip and struck the officer in the face. Myles was later taken into custody by a different officer.

The investigation is still ongoing regarding Myles Jr.'s involvment in the fight at Bar Knoxville."

No it didn't. It started with me saying that Kiffin's 1 class was hilarious and he probably left so he wouldn't have to deal with the a-holes he brought in.

Notice that I didn't distinguish who recruited him and don't care to blame anyone. I am merely stating that the class brought in with Kiffin is more full of problems than any I've ever seen (blame both or either former coaches if that floats your boat)

Bryce Brown (family drama)
Janzen (gas station?)
Darren Myles (hit a cop to top off a nice rapsheet)
Oku (domestic violence)
Nu'Keese (gas station)
Mike Edwards (gas station)
Daniel Hood (involved in sodomizing a family member...hopefully on a better track)

Who cares who is responsible for all this scum? I merely bring to people's attention how much scum can be in one class.

How did Hood get dragged into this? From what I hear on this site he hasn't done anything but bleed orange since he arrived on campus.

You know what he was like off the field prior to Kiffin's departure, or what he was like in the time between that and this latest incident? It should also be fairly obvious that he was asked to gain to become more of an every down type back after Bryce Brown departed. It clearly didn't suit him and seemed to negatively impact the best aspect of his game, kickoff returns. Also, as Neal developed, I suppose Oku saw the writing on the wall that he was about to be third string with several talented underclassmen nipping at his heels. Thus, he decided to leave.

Bigger legs hurt his kickoffs? Wow, how does any college RB that gains 20-30lbs in their career survive getting bigger. His kickoffs lacked because he danced, not because his legs were stronger.

IF the charges are true I hope Oku can learn to manage his anger and get his life on course wherever that may lead. GBO!

Somehow, some way, Gary Russell is to blame for this.

I am disgusted that you had the audacity to bring Daniel Hood into this argument.

I am disgusted that you had the audacity to bring Daniel Hood into this argument.

Ok...be disgusted. You'd probably feel differently if his victim was your wife/sister/daughter.

Regardless, I'm not saying he is not a great and reformed guy with a bright future. I just made a list of the class of '09 with a checkered legal past. Whether you like him or not doesn't matter. He was in the class and has a bad legal past and thus made the list.

Ok...be disgusted. You'd probably feel differently if his victim was your wife/sister/daughter.

Regardless, I'm not saying he is not a great and reformed guy with a bright future. I just made a list of the class of '09 with a checkered legal past. Whether you like him or not doesn't matter. He was in the class and has a bad legal past and thus made the list.

1. He did a disgusting thing as an impressionable child who was presumed to be told what to do as the events happened
2. He did his time
3. He was considered reformed and was allowed to go back to school
4. He graduated from Knox Catholic
5. The cousin involved wrote a note to the UT administration giving her approval (before he was signed)

Every single account points to Hood being a reformed good kid, yet you, on your moral high horse, bring up things from the past that have no place in the present. She has clearly put this in the past, accepted his apology, and moved on. Why can't you?

Oh, because you hate a coach who found a better job with a pay raise.

Mature.

Darren Myles may not have hit the off duty guy at the bar, but he most certainly hit on-duty officer Brian Greenlee in the face in part of his flee from police, hide under cars extravaganza.

Myles has been arrested multiple times and struck a police officer trying to flee. What exactly would make him scum in your eyes?

UT football players Da'Rick Rogers and Darren Myles, Jr., charged after fight at Bar Knoxville on Cumberland Avenue strip; off-duty police officer assaulted | wbir.com

"The UTPD officer's affidavit states that the officer identified himself to Myles as a police officer at Bar Knoxville. Darren Myles then fled from him on foot towards Lake Avenue. The officer made contact with Myles and attempted to place him into custody. Myles then broke free from the officer's grip and struck the officer in the face. Myles was later taken into custody by a different officer.

The investigation is still ongoing regarding Myles Jr.'s involvment in the fight at Bar Knoxville."

He was arrested for public intox and then another time for running from the cops. I wouldn't think either qualifies him as "scum".

Bigger legs hurt his kickoffs? Wow, how does any college RB that gains 20-30lbs in their career survive getting bigger. His kickoffs lacked because he danced, not because his legs were stronger.

Surely adding 20-30 pounds onto a small frame wouldn't make him any slower.

Without Fulmer doing the legwork on Oku, Kiffin probably is unable to sign him. In much the same way, Dooley benefited from Kiffin's earlier efforts with James Stone, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers.

Stone was going to Alabama if Kiffin and staff had been here. The legwork that helped with that was Kiffin leaving.

Stone was going to Alabama if Kiffin and staff had been here. The legwork that helped with that was Kiffin leaving.

I know and I didn't claim otherwise. They still spent many months recruiting him and had us in his top choices.

Why is he in knoxville? Shouldn't he be trying to find somewhere to play? Surely someone is looking for a back who goes down on the first hit every time!

No Kidding, we already have Poole who does that we dont need another one.

He may have been younger at the time, but Hood duct taped his cousin down and stood by as a friend raped her with a foreign object.

I hope he is a different guy now, but he has an EXTREMELY TROUBLING past.

Tennessee Volunteers offer Daniel Hood another chance - ESPN

He was 13 at the time and his only crime was not stopping a 17 yo from sexual assult. I don't think that hardly qualifies as "extremely troubling".

1. He did a disgusting thing as an impressionable child who was presumed to be told what to do as the events happened
2. He did his time
3. He was considered reformed and was allowed to go back to school
4. He graduated from Knox Catholic
5. The cousin involved wrote a note to the UT administration giving her approval (before he was signed)

Every single account points to Hood being a reformed good kid, yet you, on your moral high horse, bring up things from the past that have no place in the present. She has clearly put this in the past, accepted his apology, and moved on. Why can't you?

Oh, because you hate a coach who found a better job with a pay raise.

Mature.

I've moved on fine. I have no problem with him being on the team and hope he is a great player and upstanding citizen.

I made a list of the Class of '09 with legal troubles. He was on it because I'd be remiss not to put him there. He had legal troubles and was in that class. End of story.

I don't mean to be taken wrong here. I make no comment on him personally. The point was to show how many people from that class have legal issues, and he does.

He was 13 at the time and his only crime was not stopping a 17 yo from sexual assult. I don't think that hardly qualifies as "extremely troubling".

According to the girl, he helped tape her. That's fairly troubling. Even in his interviews, Hood himself has admitted the terribleness of the event.

Another Kiffin thug, I will be glad when all ties are completely cut from Kiffy and his cronies

Gotta place equal blame on Fulmer and Kiffin. I know people want to blame Kiffin but Fulmer is equally and probably a little more to blame than Kiffin. Kiffin is just an easy target but definately not all his fault. Fulmer started it and Kiffin helped complete it.

I just don't see who is "blaming" Fulmer. This started with someone clearly trying to blame Kiffin, which is equally senseless.

I don't think any coach is to "blame" for recruits that don't turn out. it happens..

33% of Saban's 2008 # 1 rated class are not on the roster any longer. Just the way recruiting works.. 30-40% end up not completing their eligibility for almost all signing classes. Doesn't means anyone si to blame for that. Its just part of how this all works out.

SEC Average for signing classes 2002-2010 is 37% left before using up eligibility.

I've moved on fine. I have no problem with him being on the team and hope he is a great player and upstanding citizen.

I made a list of the Class of '09 with legal troubles. He was on it because I'd be remiss not to put him there. He had legal troubles and was in that class. End of story.

I don't mean to be taken wrong here. I make no comment on him personally. The point was to show how many people from that class have legal issues, and he does.

No it didn't. It started with me saying that Kiffin's 1 class was hilarious and he probably left so he wouldn't have to deal with the a-holes he brought in.

Notice that I didn't distinguish who recruited him and don't care to blame anyone. I am merely stating that the class brought in with Kiffin is more full of problems than any I've ever seen (blame both or either former coaches if that floats your boat)

Bryce Brown (family drama)
Janzen (gas station?)
Darren Myles (hit a cop to top off a nice rapsheet)
Oku (domestic violence)
Nu'Keese (gas station)
Mike Edwards (gas station)
Daniel Hood (involved in sodomizing a family member...hopefully on a better track)

Who cares who is responsible for all this scum? I merely bring to people's attention how much scum can be in one class.

Sounds to me like your inclusion of Hood is to show that he is both an "a-hole" and "scum"

VN Store

Back