Looks Like Oku Had A Good Weekend

My point is, he is just as much a Fulmer recruit as he was a Kiffin recruit. The mutual interest between Oku and UT was due to Fulmer correct? I just find it silly people would say he is another one of "those Kiffin recruits" when Fulmer originally recruited and signed him.

He only turned to trouble after Kiffin recruited him. Fulmer recruited and molded men, remember?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think we just disagree. he was gone after Fulmer was fired.

Anyone in the 2009 class was a Vol because Kiffin wanted them and not because Fulmer wanted them. He ran off a bunch of commitments he didn't want that had committed to Fulmer. So the 2009 class has to be Kiffins and no one elses.

I can't see it any other way.. so I guess we just disagree.

Fair enough, and I agree that we disagree :)

Some of those mugshots would make great profile pictures.

[SARCASM]Whoever said that character matters was an idiot[SARCASM/]

:fool:

I think we just disagree. he was gone after Fulmer was fired.

Anyone in the 2009 class was a Vol because Kiffin wanted them and not because Fulmer wanted them. He ran off a bunch of commitments he didn't want that had committed to Fulmer. So the 2009 class has to be Kiffins and no one elses.

I can't see it any other way.. so I guess we just disagree.

makes no sense whatsoever. Was coming to be a Vol under Fulmer. Would likely have never been recruited by Kiffin and Orgeron had Fulmer not already had him in the fold. Clearly Kiffin kept him and signed him, but trying to absolve Fulmer of any involvement looks silly.

makes no sense whatsoever. Was coming to be a Vol under Fulmer. Would likely have never been recruited by Kiffin and Orgeron had Fulmer not already had him in the fold. Clearly Kiffin kept him and signed him, but trying to absolve Fulmer of any involvement looks silly.

Okay.. looks silly.. kid was gone after Fulmer was fired. Took Kiffin 3 months to get him back.

Guess I will just look silly but don't see Fulmer as an influence on who Kiffin signed. Kiffin would not have listened to Fulmer about anything let alone recruits where he feels he is an expert.

Okay.. looks silly.. kid was gone after Fulmer was fired. Took Kiffin 3 months to get him back.

Guess I will just look silly but don't see Fulmer as an influence on who Kiffin signed. Kiffin would not have listened to Fulmer about anything let alone recruits where he feels he is an expert.

so Fulmer had nothing to do with any of that initial class of signees? Fulmer no longer wanted Oku on board when he was fired? Fulmer was going to change his mind on Oku had he not been fired?

I agree, the entire argument is silly.
Arguing over who gets the credit or blame??
If he was a Heisman candidate, the arguing parties might both change their opinion on who to give credit to.

I was happy when we signed him and now hope that he gets his act together and make something of his life, whether it involves football or not.

to be honest, i was excited about k's first class, but didn't imagine that over half would be gone in 2 years.

so Fulmer had nothing to do with any of that initial class of signees? Fulmer no longer wanted Oku on board when he was fired? Fulmer was going to change his mind on Oku had he not been fired?

Don't understand the questions as they relate to who Tennessee signed in 2009. Fulmer was fired on November 3rd 2008. From that point forward he had nothing to say about who Tennessee signed or not. It was all Kiffin.

Your questions are irrelevant to who Kiffin signed in 2009. If Fulmer had been fired in mid-February of 2009 after signing day, then yes he would be responsible. He had zero input to who Kiffin signed and who he let go.

Hell, they only had about 3 conversations and they were not pretty conversations. They do not like each other.

Score this one up for Kiffin with an assist from Fulmer.. It is not like Fulmer didnt recruit a thug or two anyway

Don't understand the questions as they relate to who Tennessee signed in 2009. Fulmer was fired on November 3rd 2008. From that point forward he had nothing to say about who Tennessee signed or not. It was all Kiffin.

Your questions are irrelevant to who Kiffin signed in 2009. If Fulmer had been fired in mid-February of 2009 after signing day, then yes he would be responsible. He had zero input to who Kiffin signed and who he let go.

Hell, they only had about 3 conversations and they were not pretty conversations. They do not like each other.

the bolded portion is absolutely ludicrous. Kiffin spent much of his early time salvaging Fulmer's recruits or letting them go if it was clear that they had no business on our roster. The vast majority of that class was Fulmer's recruiting.

I'm not laying any blame for Oku's personal issues at Fulmer's feet. Some of that a coach can't control and he hasn't been coaching the kid, but he certainly played a large part in Oku becoming a Vol.

the bolded portion is absolutely ludicrous. Kiffin spent much of his early time salvaging Fulmer's recruits or letting them go if it was clear that they had no business on our roster. The vast majority of that class was Fulmer's recruiting.

I'm not laying any blame for Oku's personal issues at Fulmer's feet. Some of that a coach can't control and he hasn't been coaching the kid, but he certainly played a large part in Oku becoming a Vol.

we are going to disagree so no sense in continuing the argument. If you don't believe CLK and staff recruited the class that signed (no matter what Fulmer had done) then we can't agree.

one last comment, he wasn't salvaging CPFs recruits. They looked at film on everyone of them and dropped those they did not feel could play and tried to keep the ones they thought could play. It was a "brand new" asessment from a Tennessee standpoint and new decisions on the kids. There was no salvaging. They recruited the one's they wanted and dropped the one's they did not.

Again Fulmer had no say in who Tennessee signed in 2009.

Last I heard some small schools in Oklahoma and Arizona were interested but that has been a few months back.

So? Fulmer was not retained. The only reason he is at Tennessee is because Kiffin recruited him and signed him. There were 7-8 others Fulmer recruited that Kiffin sent packing without signing.

Fulmer was fired. He had nothing to do with the 2009 signing class because once Kiffin was hired, he altered the class to what he wanted. The fact Fulmer recruited any of them is irrelevant as far as that class is concerned. Each had to be recruited by new staff including Kevin Revis..

Without Fulmer doing the legwork on Oku, Kiffin probably is unable to sign him. In much the same way, Dooley benefited from Kiffin's earlier efforts with James Stone, Justin Hunter, and Da'Rick Rogers.

we are going to disagree so no sense in continuing the argument. If you don't believe CLK and staff recruited the class that signed (no matter what Fulmer had done) then we can't agree.

one last comment, he wasn't salvaging CPFs recruits. They looked at film on everyone of them and dropped those they did not feel could play and tried to keep the ones they thought could play. It was a "brand new" asessment from a Tennessee standpoint and new decisions on the kids. There was no salvaging. They recruited the one's they wanted and dropped the one's they did not.

Again Fulmer had no say in who Tennessee signed in 2009.

I understand that they didn't ask his opinion and rightly so. They did, however, have to try to make the best the could of a very limited recruiting timeline, hence were forced to fall back on Fulmer & Co's work. Of course they reassessed everyone and that's why several were told to ply their wares elsewhere, but they tried to salvage everyone they believed salvageable.

I understand that they didn't ask his opinion and rightly so. They did, however, have to try to make the best the could of a very limited recruiting timeline, hence were forced to fall back on Fulmer & Co's work. Of course they reassessed everyone and that's why several were told to ply their wares elsewhere, but they tried to salvage everyone they believed salvageable.

so we agree. They made the decisions on who signed to be Vols in February.

Those guys had no doubt they could recruit a top class. Even if they had a month, they would have thought so. They didn't "salvage" anyone. They recruited like they started with zero kids.

And what was the alternative here?

Leave another open spot on a roster in need of tailbacks when you've got an uncommitted four star #1 all-purpose back out there that had obviously been interested in UT in the past?

so we agree. They made the decisions on who signed to be Vols in February.

Those guys had no doubt they could recruit a top class. Even if they had a month, they would have thought so. They didn't "salvage" anyone. They recruited like they started with zero kids.

No doubt they decided who would sign, but did so based upon a very limiting timeline.

I don't care how they recruited, they still defaulted to much of Fulmer's work out of sheer need. They absolutely salvaged Oku.

Blame oku. I don't like a lot of what pf did for many years, but blaming him when he never coached the kid is silly. He verbally committed to pf 3 yrs ago, never played for him, is now in trouble, and its on pf? Weak.

Blame oku. I don't like a lot of what pf did for many years, but blaming him when he never coached the kid is silly. He verbally committed to pf 3 yrs ago, never played for him, is now in trouble, and its on pf? Weak.
I just don't see who is "blaming" Fulmer. This started with someone clearly trying to blame Kiffin, which is equally senseless.

I just don't see who is "blaming" Fulmer. This started with someone clearly trying to blame Kiffin, which is equally senseless.

For this particular instance, nobody but oku is to blame, but IMO, the lying, misleading, etc from kiffin put a lot of these recruits in situations that have opened doors for them to screw up. Confusion, mistrust and attitudes abound. Can't wait till the final pf/kiffin viruses are oot.

For this particular instance, nobody but oku is to blame, but IMO, the lying, misleading, etc from kiffin put a lot of these recruits in situations that have opened doors for them to screw up. Confusion, mistrust and attitudes abound. Can't wait till the final pf/kiffin viruses are oot.

Like what? How did any of that "open a door" for domestic assault?

No it didn't. It started with me saying that Kiffin's 1 class was hilarious and he probably left so he wouldn't have to deal with the a-holes he brought in.

Notice that I didn't distinguish who recruited him and don't care to blame anyone. I am merely stating that the class brought in with Kiffin is more full of problems than any I've ever seen (blame both or either former coaches if that floats your boat)

Bryce Brown (family drama)
Janzen (gas station?)
Darren Myles (hit a cop to top off a nice rapsheet)
Oku (domestic violence)
Nu'Keese (gas station)
Mike Edwards (gas station)
Daniel Hood (involved in sodomizing a family member...hopefully on a better track)

Who cares who is responsible for all this scum? I merely bring to people's attention how much scum can be in one class.

VN Store

Back