"Look out for Vols next year".

Thanks for laughing at it:finger3:

:the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger::the_finger:

Good enough for me.

Vols 18-0 next season ( counting Sr Bowl and recruits at Army AA Bowl and others) \

Josh Groban for Heisman.

TENNESSEE is for real this time, we don't have a dools to keep us down, we got the BUTCHER.:eek:hmy:
I think that as well, but I am not declaring "we are back"" based on fans being scared of UT. Not sure why that is hard to understand.

8-4 will probably be a strong contender for the SEC East in 2015.
I think UT very well could wins the East next year. Perfect storm. Just going to be cautious and not take other fanbases opinions too seriously

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Not at all. Reality. We have heard this stuff before. I think UT wins 8 next year. Other fans' opinions mean nothing. They dont.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: We are coming and some of our own fans cant even see the light.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:WE ARE TENNESSEE, we are coming like a BIG ORANGE FREIGHT TRAIN.:

Dont get me wrong, I am optimistic that Vols turned corner, but not getting hopes up until they play (learned lesson in 2002 and 2012) and certainly not getting hopes up just because other fans think it
Its great UT is getting respect, but I am surprised by some posts that seem to indicate it means anything.

You don't have to get your hopes up. If you wanna go back and read the thread for you, cool. But don't think you need to show us something and help us decide what to feel about Tennessee football. :hi:

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes: We are coming and some of our own fans cant even see the light.:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:WE ARE TENNESSEE, we are coming like a BIG ORANGE FREIGHT TRAIN.:
Seriously? Can yall not get this? I think UT is back. I wont get riled up over other fans thinking so. If you want to, have at it. Never denied you that right. Go for it. I share your optimism, I dont share your enthusiasm for making too much out of other fanbases opinions.

You don't have to get your hopes up. If you wanna go back and read the thread for you, cool. But don't think you need to show us something and help us decide what to feel about Tennessee football. :hi:

What? I never sought to persuade you. I simply state my refusal to get excited just because other fans say something. I have done that in the past.. Defensive much?

Seriously? Can yall not get this? I think UT is back. I wont get riled up over other fans thinking so. If you want to, have at it. Never denied you that right. Go for it. I share your optimism, I dont share your enthusiasm for making too much out of other fanbases opinions.

Some folks are only happy if they're miserable.:huh:

I think you're the one not getting it. In football, there are two teams that play. In the SEC, you probably have close friends/family/co-workers who are fans of those other teams. When you have conversations about your teams, it's nice when you don't feel like the little guy on the play ground. It's really not hard to understand why this is a topic of conversation. Nobody is saying an opposing fan's opinion means anything about what Tennessee is going to do.

And before you say it, the thread is in quotes. Meaning it's what someone said, not what is happening.

Reactions: 3 people
I think you're the one not getting it. In football, there are two teams that play. In the SEC, you probably have close friends/family/co-workers who are fans of those other teams. When you have conversations about your teams, it's nice when you don't feel like the little guy on the play ground. It's really not hard to understand why this is a topic of conversation. Nobody is saying an opposing fan's opinion means anything about what Tennessee is going to do.

And before you say it, the thread is in quotes. Meaning it's what someone said, not what is happening.

I didnt even refer to the OP. I referred to my own exp and a couple posts that say "qhen other teams fans or scared you know your team is on the verge. I guess I misunderstood the purpose of a message board. I lived in Ky and Ga so I get what you are saying. I simply learned MY lesson not to get too excited about it. What a horrible fan I am. I also said I think they go 8-4. Some of yall are calling me miserable and a negavol for calling 8-4 yet not getting excited about other fans' opinions yet wanting to be cautious annd see it on the field. Yall are great.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I guess I misunderstood the purpose of a message board. I lived in Ky and Ga so I get what you are saying. I simply learned MY lesson not to get too excited about it. What a horrible fan I am. I also said I think they go 8-4. Some of yall are calling me miserable and a negavol for calling 8-4 yet not getting excited about other fans' opinions yet wanting to be cautious annd see it on the field. Yall are great.

If you learned your lesson why do you need to pull old threads? If not to show us?

I don't care what the other fan base thinks, I don't want them to be scared not saying that, all I am saying is when TENNESSEE takes the field in 15 we got a chance at anybody on our schedule even the almighty saint nicks teams, not saying we win all of them, but we want FEAR any team we play, but in 16 we TENNESSEE will put fear in other teams and we will beat BAMA, I can care less what the other teams fan base is saying, you must have read me wrong, we are headed for glory days again that's what I am fired up about not because a fan from the other team saying we are going to be good, been fan for 43 years and have not miss read our teams progress from year to year much, I don't put much into the Bowl game win, just taking a step back and looking at the entire body of work over the whole year, and what these freshmen and sophmores and a few others, plus this will be one of the most talented recruiting classes coming in, we are headed for something special, that's all I am saying.This class coming and a big if it holds together plus add a OTor 2 which I think we will, may not be rated number 1, but it will be one of the most talented classes every on paper to come in, there is talent everywhere.:rock:

Last edited:
I don't care what the other fan base thinks, I don't want them to be scared not saying that, all I am saying is when TENNESSEE takes the field in 15 we got a chance at anybody on our schedule even the almighty saint nicks teams, not saying we win all of them, but we want FEAR any team we play, but in 16 we TENNESSEE will put fear in other teams and we will beat BAMA, I can care less what the other teams fan base is saying, you must have read me wrong, we are heiaded for glory days again that's what I am fired up about not because a fan from the other team saying we are going to be good, been fan for 43 years and have not miss read our teams progress from year to year much, I don't put much into the Bowl game win, just taking a step back and looking at the entire body of work over the whole year, and what these freshmen and sophmores and a few others, plus this will be one of the most talented recruiting classes coming in, we are headed for something special, that's all I am saying.This class coming and a big if it holds together plus ad a OTor 2 which I think we will, may not be rated number 1, but it will be one of the most talented classes every on paper to come in there is talent everywhere.:rock:

I THINK next year will be great. 8-4 is great imo. I am trying to keep myself from getting expectations too high but I think things look great. Almost feels like 1990's again.

I THINK next year will be great. 8-4 is great imo. I am trying to keep myself from getting expectations too high but I think things look great. Almost feels like 1990's again.

Yes that's what I am saying, 8 and if get we lucky maybe 9, not saying we win them all, just when we take the field we got a good chance at winning, no more losing 60-14.:rock: But in 16 WE WILL JACK THAT NUMBER of wins up.:)

Yes that's what I am saying, 8 and if get we lucky maybe 9, not saying we win them all, just when we take the field we got a good chance at winning, no more losing 60-14.:rock:

With this staff and team, I could see 9 wins. Easily could have had 8 this year. I dont see a home loss honestly.

When rival fan bases start saying Wow, and Oh S**t you know your team is on the verge of great things

Especially when he said several months ago (September) back when we nearly beat his Dogs, "I can't believe we almost lost to Tennessee"!

VN Store

Back