"Look out for Vols next year".

I wouldn't get too excited yet. It's been enumerated many times on this board, and it's a credit that we've had some reasonable threads on this topic, that we'll still be loaded with youth next year. Athletic, talented youth, but still, men that have not had much college snaps and/or time in the weight room. '16 should be better, but 6-6 (would be kind of a bummer I admit) or 7-5 (more reasonable) are pretty sensible expectations for next year.

Reactions: 3 people
I wouldn't get too excited yet. It's been enumerated many times on this board, and it's a credit that we've had some reasonable threads on this topic, that we'll still be loaded with youth next year. Athletic, talented youth, but still, men that have not had much college snaps and/or time in the weight room. '16 should be better, but 6-6 (would be kind of a bummer I admit) or 7-5 (more reasonable) are pretty sensible expectations for next year.
......true if you just take this year's group out of the formula. It's as if you're describing last year's group of freshmen. You just looked back and predicted this class' season. I'll remain excited, along with a few others.

My friends here in Georgia are worried.

WTF! If UT is half the team we think it is then Bowling Green shouldn't be a problem. If they are, we're in trouble.

I'm sorry but the BG game will look like the Iowa and Kentucky game.

Edit: Meant to quote the other op Boca

I see 8-4 as a minimum and an upside of 10-2. I don't see us beating Alabama and after that every game is winnable.

Tell me another team in the country that returns 19 starters, 20 if you include Kicker?

Vols will be a solid 8-4 but watch out in 2016.

Vols 2016 schedule(but not in this order)

Appalachian State
Virginia Tech
Ohio
Tennessee Tech
Florida
Kentucky
Missouri
Alabama
Georgia
South Carolina
Texas A&M
Vanderbilt

I think this team could be 10-2 probably or 11-1 with luck

Reactions: 1 person
At husband's family's Christmas party one of cousins said, "Your coach is doing something up there. And I don't like it. Not one bit." :)

It's great that Butch is starting to scare other Coaches. It definately means the program is going in the right direction.

Shall I dig up the posts from years ago that say "My LSU buddies wanted Dooley", "my UGA relatives want Dooley and think UT is back"?

Reactions: 1 person
I agree OP.. Good to see some Georgia fans giving UT program and eventual takeover in the east credit. Govols!!

I smiled real big. I've been married nine years. The first few Christmases were pretty fun, but it's been pretty lopsided the past few. lol

Just keep smiling because our Vols are due, and they come to Neyland next season.

UGA will be lucky to get out of Neyland with a win!

Dont get me wrong, I am optimistic that Vols turned corner, but not getting hopes up until they play (learned lesson in 2002 and 2012) and certainly not getting hopes up just because other fans think it
Its great UT is getting respect, but I am surprised by some posts that seem to indicate it means anything.

Right on, 15 the EAST then 16 the SEC CHAMPIONSHIP and spot in playoffs.:lolabove: Great days ahead for the TENNESSEE VOLS.:clapping:

Thanks for laughing at it:finger3: Time to go on ignore for a while,no reason to ridicule

VN Store

Back