List of QB's UT has offered in 2013

I agree again, Montrell.

I think every class you need to strive to take the best QB.

But I will say this, a lot of times good QB's come out of nowhere during the summer after they have attended some camps exp. Bray & Peterman.

I trust Chaneys evaluation on QB's.

Exactly. QBs seem to pop-up late in the game all the time now. It is way too early to be worrying about our QB offers.

I've seen a lot of true freshmen QB's play at UT: Manning, Clausen, Ainge, Bray, etc. I wasn't impressed by Worley. He was ok, nothing special.

And what upperclass wr did Worley have to throw too. This is a misunderstood problem from Brays to Worleys freshman years. Bray had Moore and Jones as seniors with Hunter and Rodgers. Worley had Rodgers and thats it. Huge difference in how you can perform there.

I agree with Montrell and jmoore. A solid QB should always be a recruiting priority in every class, but apparently CJC has a system for finding talented QBs with loads of potential late in the game, so I won't question his approach. Thus far, he has seemingly done a fantastic job in this regard....

Considering his comments about our current QBs, he seems to really be pleased with where we are, so I am sure he will have us covered moving forward. If Bray blows up this season, like he could very well do, and the season goes well I wouldn't expect much trouble lining up high quality QB recruits thereafter, especially if Bray gets drafted 1st round or something...

Didn't read through the thread just the OP. Surely this has already been mentioned, but it also bares repeating, IT'S FRACKIN' APRIL. ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS OR JUST TROLLING? THE NEXT NSD IS STILL 10 MONTHS AWAY. STOP BEING A CHICKEN LITTLE. I'll leave it at that.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't read through the thread just the OP. Surely this has already been mentioned, but it also bares repeating, IT'S FRACKIN' APRIL. ARE YOU BEING SERIOUS OR JUST TROLLING? THE NEXT NSD IS STILL 10 MONTHS AWAY. STOP BEING A CHICKEN LITTLE. I'll leave it at that.

Nobody else knew it was April, thanks :rolleyes:

And what upperclass wr did Worley have to throw too. This is a misunderstood problem from Brays to Worleys freshman years. Bray had Moore and Jones as seniors with Hunter and Rodgers. Worley had Rodgers and thats it. Huge difference in how you can perform there.

No problem with people disagreeing :hi:

Those guys had a good supporting cast, even Bray had solid guys to throw to his freshman year. Worley had Rogers and thats about it, he also played against 2 decent defenses. While he didn't look great, he played 2 games hard to judge the kid off that. Gotta politely disagree with you.

Riveria, Arnett played well as a freshmen

Worley and Peterman are better than anyone on that list JMO. Qb is the one position that I feel we have exceptional depth at.

Peterman, not sure about Worley

No problem with people disagreeing :hi:

Riveria, Arnett played well as a freshmen

Peterman, not sure about Worley

Agree with the last point. I think Mitch is certainly better than Worley is. Like I have said before worley will max out as a solid QB, is unlikely to be a special player. Though your second point is debatable about Arnett, as his stats were a bit inflated. Nearly a quarter of his yards and a third of his receptions came in the florida game where they were backing off and giving us the throws underneath to him. I did not think he was really all that impressive his freshman year.

WA_VOL: Arnett and Rivera played well for freshman, but having them + Da'rick and ZR to throw to is not anywhere close to what Bray had when he came in.

Bray his freshman year had Hunter, Da'Rick, Stocker, and Moore. That's a beastly group of WR, even if Da'rick hadn't come into his own at that point.

I guess I'm not so quick to give up on Worley. He played against SC, MTSU and AR. He wasn't amazing, but he got thrown into the fire face first.

In my ideal world the coaches will RS Peterman and have a real competition in 2013 when Bray blows up and goes pro.

Agree with the last point. I think Mitch is certainly better than Worley is. Like I have said before worley will max out as a solid QB, is unlikely to be a special player. Though your second point is debatable about Arnett, as his stats were a bit inflated. Nearly a quarter of his yards and a third of his receptions came in the florida game where they were backing off and giving us the throws underneath to him. I did not think he was really all that impressive his freshman year.

Playing against Florida would hurt his stats, but I wasn't impressed with his arm strength, mobility, etc. He's not able to make plays with his feet and didn't have the arm strength to be able to throw into double coverage and get away with it like Bray did.

How about that Bray guy who was #7 ranked QB, how'd he do?

As I posted earlier in this thread, the thing about Bray is that he was virtually unknown until about June 2009 when he starting blowing up at camps. There's guys that come out of nowhere that end up being ranked high before it's all said on done. Just goes to show why it's silly to be worried about QB recruiting in April, and recruiting in general for that matter.

Can someone explain why McCrary is committed to vandy with offers from UT, uga, Fsu, etc.? Are those offers real or is he getting a check from Franklin?

Well, just maybe, he cares about getting a degree from a good school in a certain field. Football aside, a Vandy degree is probably worth more in the real world than the other listed schools.

So how about the UF QB that was a top 3 QB recruit - he didnt look so good either vs the big boys (Driskoll sp I think it was )

Which in my opinion is why FL. has been to see Asiantii Woulard 3 times so far spring and stated "we would offer you today but practice was to unorganized to get a feel.for your leadership ability" I think they're going to offer before spring game May 25...

Those guys had a good supporting cast, even Bray had solid guys to throw to his freshman year. Worley had Rogers and thats about it, he also played against 2 decent defenses. While he didn't look great, he played 2 games hard to judge the kid off that. Gotta politely disagree with you.

Bray had 5 solid guys to throw to. He had Moore, Hunter, Rogers, Jones, and Stocker. I hope we have a field like that again.

Well one thing that C Chaney is good at is QB eval. That Peterman kid blew up late, but only after he was ours. If Peterman recruitment was open until the end, & Saban offered, he would have been a 5* for us.
-T-

Reactions: 1 person
I know its still fairly early, but our options are getting smaller very quick. Who do you see us getting?

Not worrying about it honestly. No one knew who Nathan Peterman was at this time last year.

VN Store

Back